Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning Fools! Silver Will Fall by 66%

Quote Originally Posted by stu2002 View Post
    We are over $30 now--what's next?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu2002 View Post
    Hmm--how early in the 90s like 1993 when it was $3.50/oz.?
    Slightly above , $3.50 was about what I was paying for Walking Liberty halves , graded Good from the teens and 1920 to 1930 Standing Liberty quarters graded Good , most of my dimes were purchased at silver $5 to $8 an oz. , paying spot. Five bucks for 14 silver dimes sounds good huh ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-29-2012 at 11:35 AM.

For whatever it is worth , I think wheat , corn , soy beans and oats will rise as well ....

This thread was posted , 4/30/11 , I think , around 4/26/11 , closing price was around $45.10 , probably , Friday's close , around $31.72 , so it is , about , what ? , 30% lower and only one direction to go , that I can imagine , which , is up....

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $29.44 silver today.

What to do now? Back up the truck to buy under $30, or panic sell?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    $29.44 silver today.

I go with the truck .

Truck. Lol.

$29.44 silver today.

"Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Looks like silver and bitcoin have reached parity. Interesting.
    Rand Paul 2016

Looks like it is still working its way down (to who knows where) from its peak in 2011.

http://www.monex.com/prods/silver_chart.html

http://silverstrategies.blogspot.ca/...ble-chart.html

Silver(gold) are at the "First sell off/bear trap" stage of this shindig (picture in the above link).

Look at a 15 year chart of silver. Aside from the all out deflationary collapse in 2007-2008 (where all assets save cash took a hit) the first real sell off/correction took place in two major rounds from 48 to 30.

This is secular super bull and once it's all said and done, 2011-2012 will simply be shown as the correction/cooldown phase before the largest gains are made.

As an example:

http://www.zealllc.com/2004/au3stage.htm

There is a chart in there that shows the gold bull of the 1970's. Within that SECULAR bull market there was a CYCLICAL bear market from 1974-1976.

Yes, a roughly 2 year bear market within the massive secular bull.

No different this time in that sense. The difference this time is that the scope and magnitude of the secular bull in precious metals is orders of magnitude larger than the last time around. The forces driving it are much, much larger.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 02-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Note that the price of gold was pretty much rising along with the rate of price inflation (though not at the same rate- gold was rising faster). The bubble burst in 1980 when the Fed took actions to lower the rate of inflation (by letting interest rates go as high as 20% which briefly also led to double digit unemployment). The price (and the inflaition rate) declined for the next 20+ years.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well aware.

Also, gold outperformed inflation by a wide, wide margin in the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Note that the price of gold was pretty much rising along with the rate of price inflation (though not at the same rate- gold was rising faster). The bubble burst in 1980 when the Fed took actions to lower the rate of inflation (by letting interest rates go as high as 20% which briefly also led to double digit unemployment). The price (and the inflaition rate) declined for the next 20+ years.

The price of gold was basically fixed at an artificial price compared to the dollar until 1972 when Nixon closed the "gold window". Once the restriction was lifted, it was free to move finally so yeah, it moved up.

The good old days (one month ago), when silver was at $27/oz...
    13 months later..... $29.44
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    13 months later..... $29.44
    Buying low and selling high in approximately 6 month cycles has worked pretty well the past few years.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Buying low and selling high in approximately 6 month cycles has worked pretty well the past few years.
    Not when you spent the last few years below the poverty level 'for the cause.'
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Here's a good discussion.

Greg runs a very good web site, btw.

Silver manipulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That's great and all but means nothing since the Fed won't move from ZIRP, much less 20%.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought high, and now I'm buying low. No regrets!

If I had more money laying around I'd buy in more now.
    Last edited by matt0611; 02-20-2013 at 06:58 AM.

I think anyone who is buying gold and silver is doing so on the belief that they will be able to store or increase the value of their dollars. They better hope that:

a.) they sell it in a timely manner before the end of it's run-up and potential confiscation by govt., or;
    b.) there is an established system to use it for the purchase of goods or services that they want/need.

I have personally tried to use it to purchase products and services by using the spot price but the adoption has been about
    1 in 25. The one time it was accepted was by someone who wanted the coins I had, which were Morgan dollars in very
    good condition. They accepted it at spot + a 10% premium because they wanted them for their collection.

This.

If interest rates on UST's go to just over 10%, the USG immediately becomes bankrupt as it will no longer be able to cover INTEREST costs on the debt.

That figure was 11.7% about to years ago but it's dropping as the debt goes parabolic.

This game is to destroy the debt by debauching the currency. Certain bubble aspects of the economy can and will burst, but not the inflation machine as a longstanding trend.

USG default = world war. USD devaluation = trade war.

"Leaders" have chosen the latter with the hope it does amount to the former.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's great and all but means nothing since the Fed won't move from ZIRP, much less 20%.

This is not correct.

Some may be doing so, but most around these parts are storing gold/silver as a store of money until the new global credit/banking system is rolled out. It is coming, it's a matter of when, not if.

Most of us don't really care what the value of the metal is priced in these transient fiat currencies.

Gold is MONEY. Currency is a bill of credit.

Look at the global system of banking and credit. It is FUNDEMENTALLY FRACTURED. Broken and on life support.

In such a scenario, where should your hard earned long term savings go?

Unleveraged specie? Or leveraged debt obligations?

The choice is extremely simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    I think anyone who is buying gold and silver is doing so on the belief that they will be able to store or increase the value of their dollars. They better hope that:

a.) they sell it in a timely manner before the end of it's run-up and potential confiscation by govt., or;
    b.) there is an established system to use it for the purchase of goods or services that they want/need.

I have personally tried to use it to purchase products and services by using the spot price but the adoption has been about
    1 in 25. The one time it was accepted was by someone who wanted the coins I had, which were Morgan dollars in very
    good condition. They accepted it at spot + a 10% premium because they wanted them for their collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    As an atheist, I agree with the above sentiment
    "Where the spirit of the Lord is -- there is liberty."

You agree with that, do you?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Well if it does go down I'm stocking up. Heres a thought....I wouldn't sell an oz of my silver for 50$....Its much more valuable to me then that. Market can do whatever it wants cause to me silver is soooooo much more valuable then a peice of paper.

$29.44 silver today.

Buy, baby, buy!

Bought my first silver a couple of weeks ago at ~$31. Looking to buy more under 30 tomorrow. It's like Christmas. I'm ready for large rise before the end of the year.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone care to comment on this post: http://www.econmatters.com/2013/01/w...-look-out.html Says Schiff selling some gold...

Some may be doing so, but most around these parts are storing gold/silver as a store of money until the new global credit/banking system is rolled out.
    I think some are doing that, but many are buying some to try and make money... if we are being honest with each other. The powers that be are not going to welcome private gold ownership if a gold-backed system emerges.. and if it looks like that is going to happen, I would bet that most who hold it would try and get out and into something else prior to conversion. If I knew what that was I'd be sitting on a beach sipping pinacoladas right now...

$28.70 kinda wishing I had FRNs to buy with right now.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast