Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning Fools! Silver Will Fall by 66%

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Buy, baby, buy!

Bought my first silver a couple of weeks ago at ~$31. Looking to buy more under 30 tomorrow. It's like Christmas. I'm ready for large rise before the end of the year.
    I started buying at $14 and I'd still be buying now if'n I could.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not planning on selling for a while, so I welcome this sale. Hopefully it'll last through the summer. $26 will be a very important number if we get there.
    Rand Paul 2016

$28.47 and falling...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    This.

If interest rates on UST's go to just over 10%, the USG immediately becomes bankrupt as it will no longer be able to cover INTEREST costs on the debt.

That figure was 11.7% about to years ago but it's dropping as the debt goes parabolic.

This game is to destroy the debt by debauching the currency. Certain bubble aspects of the economy can and will burst, but not the inflation machine as a longstanding trend.

USG default = world war. USD devaluation = trade war.

"Leaders" have chosen the latter with the hope it does amount to the former.
    I assume that UST means US Treasury notes? They haven't been double digits since the 1980's. But it would not take much of an increase in rates to cause the costs of servicing the debt (interest) to soar. If the Treasury is wise, they should be selling as many long term notes (20- 30 years) and lock in these low rates for as long as they can.

I'm dreadfully unhappy that I just had to sell 13oz AG to make car repairs after whacking a deer, but I have to visit all 100 counties in the next 3 months, and need my car operational.

Did they let you keep the meat? (Some states do- I have relatives in PA and they don't mind not having to clean up the carcass- or did is survive and get away?). That would help defray some of your costs with good meat to eat.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Did they let you keep the meat? (Some states do- I have relatives in PA and they don't mind not having to clean up the carcass- or did is survive and get away?). That would help defray some of your costs with good meat to eat.
    They would if I could have gotten to it. It went over a 10 foot embankment at 2AM. I went back at first light and couldn't find it. Not that I could have done much, I've never cleaned a deer in my life. I'd be all...

http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Sorry. Those things can do some pretty serious damage to a car. In the town I grew up in somebody was killed on their bicycle from a deer- bicycle coolision.

Sorry. Those things can do some pretty serious damage to a car. In the town I grew up in somebody was killed on their bicycle from a deer- bicycle coolision.
    Thanks, and sorry about the guy from your town. Deer can certainly be deadly.

I'm usually very good at avoiding them. I've only been hit by a deer once before in my life, and that was 23 years ago. And I didn't hit it, it hit me. In the side.

This time, the thing jumped out of a ditch right in the middle of a hairy s-curve and went right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could, but my car has ABS. (I can stop faster WITHOUT ABS)

Without ABS I might have managed to avoid it entirely, adding another half second before impact.

But I hit this critter HARD. The deer went airborne and was doing a flat spin, launched off another 30 foot off the other side of the road and down the aforementioned embankment. It was pretty bad. And it's a lot of damage.

If I were to go to a normal body shop, it'd cost me $4000 or better. Instead, I can get parts and do the work, and be back to normal for around $700

But I did NOT want to sell $700 in silver when it's in a dip like it is now. So I sold just enough to do the mechanical repairs (headlights, hood) and I'll worry about the fenders later.

Last year my Dad's car got hit (by another car while he and my Mom were going home from visiting my brother) and was totaled. He had to sell some of his PMs to get a new (used) one to replace it (insurance didn't cover everything) so I understand what you are going through.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    They would if I could have gotten to it. It went over a 10 foot embankment at 2AM. I went back at first light and couldn't find it. Not that I could have done much, I've never cleaned a deer in my life. I'd be all...

pointers-
    cut behind the knees of the hind legs, there is a tendon there with skin gaping toward the leg.
    this is where you will use hook(for each leg) and chain(rope). toss the chain over a tree branch and raise the deer.
    cut the skin in the creases, like leg pits, arm pits, around tail.
    once all seams are made, grab hold of hide and pull down.
    that will remove hide from the animal.
    afterwards, if the animal isn't field dressed- you should take a sharp hooked knife, starting the bottom(the bottom side of neck and cut up toward the breastplate.
    you will need a saw to cut the breastplate.
    from there, continue upwards until you can take all the innards at once and remove from deer. (some people will use a tub or bucket of some sort at the bottom to collect and dispose)
    from there, you are basically done. remove the head unless you are really hard up for food.
    quarter and store.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 02-20-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I started buying at $14 and I'd still be buying now if'n I could.
    Alas, I wasn't economically aware when it was $14/oz. What's more I wouldn't have had much money to buy with.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Lol

People make fun of WV because that's legal.

Thanks, and sorry about the guy from your town. Deer can certainly be deadly.

I'm usually very good at avoiding them. I've only been hit by a deer once before in my life, and that was 23 years ago. And I didn't hit it, it hit me. In the side.

This time, the thing jumped out of a ditch right in the middle of a hairy s-curve and went right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could, but my car has ABS. (I can stop faster WITHOUT ABS)

Without ABS I might have managed to avoid it entirely, adding another half second before impact.

But I hit this critter HARD. The deer went airborne and was doing a flat spin, launched off another 30 foot off the other side of the road and down the aforementioned embankment. It was pretty bad. And it's a lot of damage.

If I were to go to a normal body shop, it'd cost me $4000 or better. Instead, I can get parts and do the work, and be back to normal for around $700

But I did NOT want to sell $700 in silver when it's in a dip like it is now. So I sold just enough to do the mechanical repairs (headlights, hood) and I'll worry about the fenders later.
    I find that interesting. How does one stop faster without ABS? I had an '87 oldsmobile and the thing would slide at the smallest tap of the brakes no matter what the weather. My new Soob does a lot better with ABS.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 02-21-2013 at 09:52 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silver and gold moving up today. Was the bottom yesterday?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Silver and gold moving up today. Was the bottom yesterday?
    It's entirely possible. However, the Ron Rosen chart shows the low range for this move has until 6/30/13 to be made. The range for new highs to be made starts Sept '13 and runs through July '14. So we're getting damn close to the breakout starting. I'd guess this move should take silver to $100, then trade back down to $50 before the next move up to $100+. The Silver market will price many people out on this next move. Get it cheap while you still can.

I find that interesting. How does one stop faster without ABS? I had an '87 oldsmobile and the thing would slide at the smallest tap of the brakes no matter what the weather. My new Soob does a lot better with ABS.
    If you know how to modulate brakes properly you will always stop faster with regular brakes than ABS. That 87 Olds if fitted with ABS would have taken even longer to stop than using a proper brake modulation technique on non-ABS brakes.

The problem you have is that electronic or hydraulic ABS use a 'theoretical' maximum rather than an 'actual' maximum, and ABS modulation is mechanical not intuitive.

So in ABS your brake pressure goes to 90% max and then modulates precisely between 93% and 85% in quarter second intervals.

Doing it PHYSICALLY on regular brakes you can take it up to 98% max and then modulate with your foot between 95% and 97% in random intervals dictated bu road traction and conditions.

While it's true that someone who does not know how to do a proper emergency stop with regular brakes will always do worse than ABS, it is also true that someone who DOES know how to do a proper emergency stop with regular brakes will always outperform ABS.

If you know how to modulate brakes properly you will always stop faster with regular brakes than ABS. That 87 Olds if fitted with ABS would have taken even longer to stop than using a proper brake modulation technique on non-ABS brakes.

The problem you have is that electronic or hydraulic ABS use a 'theoretical' maximum rather than an 'actual' maximum, and ABS modulation is mechanical not intuitive.

So in ABS your brake pressure goes to 90% max and then modulates precisely between 93% and 85% in quarter second intervals.

Doing it PHYSICALLY on regular brakes you can take it up to 98% max and then modulate with your foot between 95% and 97% in random intervals dictated bu road traction and conditions.

While it's true that someone who does not know how to do a proper emergency stop with regular brakes will always do worse than ABS, it is also true that someone who DOES know how to do a proper emergency stop with regular brakes will always outperform ABS.
    How do you tell the difference between 95% and 97%? When do you use 95 and when do you use 97?

How do you tell the difference between 95% and 97%? When do you use 95 and when do you use 97?
    You don't. Those were just examples. Who knows what the real numbers are. It's all seat of the pants, feeling, intuition, and experience.

Ask anyone experienced at performance driving. I bet you they will all, or almost all say the exact same thing I am.

You don't. Those were just examples. Who knows what the real numbers are. It's all seat of the pants, feeling, intuition, and experience.

Ask anyone experienced at performance driving. I bet you they will all, or almost all say the exact same thing I am.
    Yep, I hate those dang ABS brakes. I don't know how many times they have gotten me into trouble. They drive me crazy. I hope I never get into an accident with someone over these things.

I have tried to get them to stop their crap by pumping, doesn't work. I want my control back. And like you say, it's a "seat of the pants" thing with real brakes, but it works. Trying to tell someone who has never experienced using them well is like trying to tell a person that has never driven a stick shift how you know when to shift and use that other pedal.

Speaking of silver, what is IRA Approved silver? (http://www.apmex.com/Category/1238/I..._Products.aspx )

Quote Originally Posted by apmex
    IRA-Acceptable Silver Products - In the midst of the various social, political, and financial factors that continuouslyMore impact today's global economy, an IRA based on the value of silver provides some financial reassurance and stability. A more secure option for investment opportunities than stocks, bonds, or other forms of investments backed by paper,an IRA backed by silver gives you the opportunity to invest in an account that can never lose all of its value.

Choose from an extensive variety of IRA-acceptable silver items to begin setting up an investment plan that will hold its value for years to come.

To view available IRA-acceptable silver bars, silver coins, and silver rounds, click on the image representing the silver products of your interest:
    The reason I ask, is that I have a chance (1 week left) to cash out my retirement account (pension) with my previous employer or roll over all/part to an IRA. hmmm
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 02-21-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Speaking of silver, what is IRA Approved silver? (http://www.apmex.com/Category/1238/I..._Products.aspx )

The reason I ask, is that I have a chance (1 week left) to cash out my retirement account (pension) with my previous employer or roll over all/part to an IRA. hmmm
    Hello? Anyone know how this works? Do you invest in a particular type of silver that then is vaulted for you and you are issued an IRA account based on those vaulted commodities? Is it then Physical Metal stored for you? Wassup? Whats the risk asside from PM prices?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 02-22-2013 at 12:34 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Hello? Anyone know how this works? Do you invest in a particular type of silver that then is vaulted for you and you are issued an IRA account based on those vaulted commodities? Is it then Physical Metal stored for you? Wassup? Whats the risk asside from PM prices?
    Confiscation from the Feds.

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it."
    Rand Paul 2016

I was under the impression that "IRA Approved" silver was more about the mint mark and assay certification than anything else, and for that you pay a premium over spot. I could be mistaken however, as I've never dealt with "IRA Approved" bullion. Yes, however, just like a regular IRA it would be held by the IRA company and not physical metal yourself.

Here is some info on the topic: http://www.ehow.com/how_5477608_crea...nvestment.html

Instructions
    1 Identify the silver coins and bullion allowed to be invested in IRAs. These assets may be newly purchased or existing assets that will be transferred via rollovers from another eligible investment account. Silver coins and bullion are permitted assets. The IRA rules require the silver assets must be at least 99.9% pure silver for inclusion. Therefore silver coins and bullion must be 99.9% pure silver to be eligible for IRA investments.

2 Plan to open an account with an IRA custodian for the silver coins and bullion. The silver assets can't be held at home or at a bank safe deposit box if these are used for IRA investment. The rules require that the coins and bullion be held at an independent third party for safekeeping. Some of the silver dealers also offer custodian services through their subsidiaries. Decide how much to invest in the silver IRA account.

3 Look for reputable precious metal dealers and custodians doing business for a long time. Follow the custodian instructions for opening a new IRA account, for rolling over precious metal assets from other accounts and for redemption of silver coins and bullion in your IRA account. The custodian will provide monthly or quarterly account statements for you to monitor account holdings.

4 Check the precious metals IRA rules for any changes annually. Sometimes these rules are amended by the government allowing new type of metals for IRA investments. Also, review the maximum annual contribution allowed for IRA investment for any changes.

5 Consider diversification of your IRA portfolios. Investment in only one asset type is generally not recommended by financial advisers and other experts. Review other assets types such as mutual funds, bonds, money markets and stock for a more balanced IRA portfolio. Research other metals in addition to silver for diversification. The IRA rules allow account holders to maintain a mixture of precious metals invested.

Read more: How to Create a Silver IRA for Coins and Bullion Investment | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5477608_crea...#ixzz2LfTnDASm

Okay, but with an IRA silver/gold acct how do they make their money (the storage and accounting)? I'll have to talk to APMEX tomorrow.

edit: maybe they make loans against it?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 02-22-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Probably charge some form of custodial or other fees.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7495182_comp...dian-fees.html

Ask the representative what the basic account fees are, regardless of transactions. You are asking what the annual custodial, set-up and termination fees are. Some accounts have flat fees while others, like many real estate IRAs, take a percentage of the IRA value called a wrap fee. Some custodians waive these fees if you have a minimum balance maintained in the account.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Isn't the MF Global collapse a perfect example of why not to turn your metals over to an investment firm for "safe keeping"?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Isn't the MF Global collapse a perfect example of why not to turn your metals over to an investment firm for "safe keeping"?
    That did cross my mind, and it was going to be my next opinion question here once I learned more about the IRA Silver account (is it with APMEX or a 3rd party, etc). Maybe I should ask Celente?

So really just like ordinary paper, it is 99.9 % but you do not have it.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast