Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Warning Fools! Silver Will Fall by 66%

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wages falling, metals falling, oil falling, gas falling, stocks falling... is it deflation time?
    Ammo , Nat Gas , diesel , pork bellies , beef look fairly steady .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ammo , Nat Gas , diesel , pork bellies , beef look fairly steady .
    Natural Gas is under 4$ a therm.. which is dirt cheap, corn is still fairly cheap, diesel is falling, just like gasoline, although winter supply chain realities mean it doesn't fall as fast as gasoline, it is still falling.. It's through the 3 dollar barrier here in the Atlanta area.

Natural Gas, gasoline, diesel, corn: these core products, in some combination are involved in the production and/or consumption of nearly every good or service sold in the economy.

I know some people like to hold on to the idea that there is some conspiracy of secret, runaway inflation and dollar devaluation in the economy like Linus believes in the great pumpkin, but it's just not there...

Maybe someday... sure, predicting the future is a difficult business, and I'm not very good at it..

But I am good (reasonably) at looking at economic data dispassionately, without warping it to fit some internal version of how things are, or to fit some previous prediction of a future that I made that was obviously wrong...

Based on this, I should have jumped on OIL at $100/bbl

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Natural Gas is under 4$ a therm.. which is dirt cheap, corn is still fairly cheap, diesel is falling, just like gasoline, although winter supply chain realities mean it doesn't fall as fast as gasoline, it is still falling.. It's through the 3 dollar barrier here in the Atlanta area.

Natural Gas, gasoline, diesel, corn: these core products, in some combination are involved in the production and/or consumption of nearly every good or service sold in the economy.

I know some people like to hold on to the idea that there is some conspiracy of secret, runaway inflation and dollar devaluation in the economy like Linus believes in the great pumpkin, but it's just not there...

Maybe someday... sure, predicting the future is a difficult business, and I'm not very good at it..

But I am good (reasonably) at looking at economic data dispassionately, without warping it to fit some internal version of how things are, or to fit some previous prediction of a future that I made that was obviously wrong...
    I could go for some deflation , but I am not hopeful in energy and groceries to see things other than where things are now .

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it really is time to buy now.

Price of Silver in 2015: Why It Could Bounce Higher

In 2014, silver once again suffered a substantial loss, following up a 36% crash in prices during 2013 with more double-digit percentage declines. Yet even though investors have had to live through a crushing precious-metals market environment during the past two years, many investors now believe that the price of silver in 2015 could finally bounce higher and give bullion owners some long-awaited relief. Let's look more closely at what's moving silver prices, and how those factors are likely to affect silver prices in 2015 and beyond.

Can the price of silver in 2015 really rise?

Silver offers a unique mix of attributes of both precious and industrial metals. On one hand, silver has traditionally moved closely with gold, given the two metals' historical use in monetary systems around the world. Yet, to a much greater extent than gold, silver has many industrial uses, and industrial demand gives silver a more concrete connection to the health of the global economy than gold.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ce-higher.aspx

Well what is the lowest silver could go?

Could it ever go to 3$ an ounce?

It would seem to me to be a good time to buy but I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post

It was $7.00 or so in 2005 and $3.50 in 1993 when Clinton took office

So yes it could but will it?

That's OK. Experts don't know either- otherwise they would all be billionaires. They only way to know a high or low price is by looking in the past and see where the peak occured. Nobody knows what it will be in the future. Some think its recent price moves look like a bubble which still needs to deflate more lie we saw with housing prices. (yes, I am one but do not claim any "expertise").

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_ch...rly_graphs.plx
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-21-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Well in that case its not a good time to buy...lol

Even if its gets down to 3.50 it will still be selling at 10 or 15$.

Well in that case its not a good time to buy...lol

Even if its gets down to 3.50 it will still be selling at 10 or 15$.
    It will not go to $3 , but if it did , you could buy none for that .That is my guess ,look at what gold really goes for now ....

I think the commodity sell off has a little more to go; 10-20% on silver 10-15% gold is my wag...

I have a small hobby stock trading acount aside from my 401ks; When the dividends come in next February, I may considered plowing the cash into some silver eagles. That would be the first time I bought since I got some on the front side of the recent bubble at around 22

I think oil is going to bottom at 50, and natural gas is going to bottom around 3.00, the big move down today in natural gas (which took it damn near 3) might have been a classic capitulation moment there actually.. My advice for oil and gas is unchanged, don't play the commodity yourself, that's a billionare's game. Play the commodity through best of breed corps and MLPs.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now is an excellent time to purchase more silver (and gold). As soon as our "recovering" economy shows any indication of weakness... the house of cards will come falling and precious metals will rise again. Will it be a Peter Schiff style collapse? I don't know... But weakness in the stock market in 2015 will boost our confidence in metals.

Gold & Silver Charts

I love corrections and price dips - if prices continued upwards beyond 2011 prices, I wouldn't be able to buy more. Let the scared investors jump in and out of favor with metals. I'm buying at a discount and I know I'm good for the long term.

Maybe this will Help Silver

Gold jumped more than 1.5 percent on Thursday after the Swiss National Bank announced it was abandoning its ceiling against the euro.

The Swiss franc soared almost 30 percent on the move, which caught global markets by surprise.

Elsewhere, Asian equities rose and the dollar regained its footing, dulling demand for the safe-haven metal.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102338987

Silver over $20 is Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Bossobass View Post
    Dunno why people don't look at the obvious when interested in silver against the USD:

In order for silver to fall to the thread-predicted $16, the USDX would have to rise to around 100.

Of course, there are circumstances that exaggerate the relationship, but how many USD it takes to buy an ounce of silver starts with the USDX. Will it rise to 100? That's the Q. Not in my humble opinion, but that's the fun of it, eh?

Eventually, the USD will be worth nothing. Silver, OTOH, will never be worth nothing.

Bosso
    Bump and quote for reference^^

Here's a chart of the USDX laid over a composite chart of Silver from my post to last month or so ago:

Crudely done, yes, but the trend is still obvious (or should be). As I said then, I wasn't betting the $ would ever hit 100 again, but, as I also said then, that's the fun of it.

The whole ballgame is the when of it. For now, I'm gladly trading my USD for silver, USDX notwithstanding.

Will this $#@! ever bounce back? Damnit APMEX --quit showing your ads here telling me that THIS is the perfect time to buy--you said that at $30/oz.

No one can really predict if the silver will really go down by %66.
    But if that will really happen,
    many will surely buy silver,
    and many will keep their silver.

Quote Originally Posted by edward222 View Post
    No one can really predict if the silver will really go down by %66.
    But if that will really happen,
    many will surely buy silver,
    and many will keep their silver.
    Sure they did--when this was posted Silver was at like $40/Oz and foolish Kool Aid drinkers held on since advisors told them to sit tight=FOOLS

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    There is no reason for investors to expect anything more from silver: Why would a metal -- a commodity with no yield -- accrete value? But silver's price volatility disqualifies it even as a stable store of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    ... Kool Aid drinkers ... FOOLS
    It's always nice to know that if I buy something like IBM or Walmart and it goes down, I simply misjudged or made a mistake. But if I'm wrong about silver, I'm an imbecile who needs to be yelled at.

As the author notes, silver is a store of value rather than an investment. But I think the complaint about volatility is selective.

As an investment, I own shares of silver producing companies. There's nothing controversial about owning stocks, and if I can identify underpricing of silver (obviously a big "if"), then the producers are likely underpriced as well.

At the moment, prices are suffering an end-of-month smash, offering enhanced bottom-hunting opportunities

Haven't the silver miners fared even worse than silver itself?

Yes, miners have severely underperformed the precious metals.

For example, Newmont Mining (NEM) is currently below its 1989 high. Pan American Silver (PAAS) is below its 1997 high. (Dividends included.)

GDX (gold miners ETF) is down nearly 50% since its 2006 inception. SIL (silver miners ETF) is down nearly 40% during its 5-year existence. (Silver is down about 10% for the 5-year period, based on the SLV price.)

In part, I think the miners have been legitimately punished for poor corporate management, but current pricing appears to reflect an overdose of pessimism.

Sure they did--when this was posted Silver was at like $40/Oz and foolish Kool Aid drinkers held on since advisors told them to sit tight=FOOLS
    Well , I sold alot and bought alot since then .Today , I doubled my money on some nickels I had been sitting on for awhile.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-01-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonetic lee View Post
    Yes, miners have severely underperformed the precious metals.

For example, Newmont Mining (NEM) is currently below its 1989 high. Pan American Silver (PAAS) is below its 1997 high. (Dividends included.)

GDX (gold miners ETF) is down nearly 50% since its 2006 inception. SIL (silver miners ETF) is down nearly 40% during its 5-year existence. (Silver is down about 10% for the 5-year period, based on the SLV price.)

In part, I think the miners have been legitimately punished for poor corporate management, but current pricing appears to reflect an overdose of pessimism.
    Miners are just terrible investments... It seems like they combine the negative aspects of commodity AND equity investments with neither of the upsides...
    For metals, it seems like you are better off just sticky with the metal..

For energy it has always, at least to me, seemed just the opposite. You are better off sticking with large, stable, dividend paying equities

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Miners are just terrible investments...
    Yes, they have been, but there must be some price level low enough to be attractive. Miners are difficult to value because they're so dependent on prices of metals (which themselves are difficult to value), but by my count, we already have silver trading below cost of production, and gold in the vicinity of cost.

It's hard for me to envision sustainable price declines from these levels unless mining costs fall sharply.

I think the miners have shown more enthusiasm for paying dividends, but it's difficult when they're in a crisis situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Haven't the silver miners fared even worse than silver itself?
    Silver always have people,
    people doesnt always have silver.

Reality...

PMs haven't moved more than a few bucks a day for many months. Very stable.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

BACK DA TRUCK UP
    Not yet! I'm looking at the $13.50 price range. If it breaks that support then we could be on our way to the sub $10 dollar range but I doubt it will go that far.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast