Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what your donations to Gary Johnson campaign are paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    But of all the articles comparing them this is the one he chose to put on HIS website. It's the same thing.

I posted it at daily paul.
    Sailing, it's a case closed issue now. Now we see what Gary Johnson's mental attitude will be during the debates. He is out to bring down paul so that he can try to selfishly take over the liberty movement.

With Johnson it's all about Me Me Me.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary sounds like a very good candidate. But any money I can donate will be going to candidate Paul. Does Gary have a banner up? How much is he hoping/expected to raise today?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    don't mention this web page, we'll just be the ones spreading the new republic article if you do because everyone will go to look.

How very objective of Reason. I understand the New Republic article was based on info fed them by Kochtopus funded Reason, and Reason quotes the New Republic Article (ad nauseum) in its articles to spread it further, how much more even handed can you get? Then Gary quotes that.

http://formerbeltwaywonk.wordpress.c...mear-campaign/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-29-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The fact that someone wrote a smear article on Ron Paul is not the problem, but GJ or his people putting it up on his official site is what annoys me. I hope this would be the last we hear of the meme that GJ candidacy is a plus for the liberty movement.

Are there any differences between the Gary Johnson campaign of 2011 and the Barr/Root campaign of 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Are there any differences between the Gary Johnson campaign of 2011 and the Barr/Root campaign of 2008?
    I'll bet Barr had a better position on the Federal Reserve.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is the love fest finally over?

ThankGodl

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The fact that someone wrote a smear article on Ron Paul is not the problem, but GJ or his people putting it up on his official site is what annoys me.
    Yep, he's got some splainin' to do...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'll bet Barr had a better position on the Federal Reserve.
    Barr had better hair (esp. the mustache), too, and ran on a more interesting party's ticket.

Bama, Matt Collins..

I'm sure there's a few of us that will wait for your apologies in here.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    ROFLOL. Please tell us why the 2007 campaign ended right after it was funded and $4 mil went to Campaign for Liberty?
    I don't see your point.

What "Liberty is not a cost/benefit analysis" means to me is that Gary Johnson is not coming from a principled position of Liberty. I think that is right on the money.

Some people here have been comparing GJ to Rand, but even Rand has waxed eloquent about the soveriegnty of the individual (toilet rant). Its definitely not all about a cost/benefit analysis to Rand (even though Rand has focused on fiscal issues).
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 04-29-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNforPaul45 View Post
    Sailing, it's a case closed issue now. Now we see what Gary Johnson's mental attitude will be during the debates. He is out to bring down paul so that he can try to selfishly take over the liberty movement.

With Johnson it's all about Me Me Me.
    And Fox just let him into the debates despite his not polling high enough.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Ya I'm thinking about unfriending him on facebook
    I just post to his wall. Lol

I know the author of this article. Her quote to me knowing I'm around Rand's people; "His and his dad's position on immigration has always been something of a deal breaker for me."

BamaFan, people have deal breakers without pretending things about people they know aren't true by the way they spin what is true.

But the issue here is Gary Johnson putting it on his official site, not that a twisted person wrote it.

But you asked earlier about the Koch connection. Look at the sign behind her in your video, students for liberty -- good kids, but the organization is funded by the Kochs and their internships are with the Kochs' groups and so forth. Reason which was in on the newsletter smear the night of the New Hampshire primary when Ron would have no time to pull up the rebuttals from ten years earlier when it had been debunked, is funded by the Kochs (see the link I posted earlier for a write up someone did on that, but I've seen pieces a bunch of places.) Students for Liberty sponsored Gary at CPAC etc etc etc.

But this is GARY doing something, by putting this on his web page.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-29-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNforPaul45 View Post
    And the Rat's tail comes out.

Hello? BamaKyFan? Can it GET any more freakin obvious?!?!?!?
    BamaFan, people have deal breakers without pretending things about people they know aren't true by the way they spin what is true.

But the issue here is Gary Johnson putting it on his official site, not that a twisted person wrote it.
    Posting positive articles about a candidate on a website.

Unlike most of you, I realize most candidates don't even monitor what's on the website. Still, it's worth asking him. Why did he support a 'racist' in the last election?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Unlike most of you, I realize most candidates don't even monitor what's on the website.
    And Ron Paul didn't monitor his newsletter. Yeah, okay.

I'm getting pretty sick of having to explain to people that Ron Paul doesn't advocate the gold standard..
    Yeah, tell me about it. It seems like even a lot of his supporters aren't aware that he wants competition in currency.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The newsletter wasn't part of an ongoing project of his the way a campaign website is central to one. Ron was practicing medicine and had editors handling that, except for the occasional article he would contribute, like a Christmas entry.

Good point. You are still responsible. So, Ron Paul was responsible for racist newsletters and Gary responsible for a blogpost that called Ron Racist. fair enough. Both men are either ignorant or lazy in these instances.

The newsletter wasn't part of an ongoing project of his the way a campaign website is central to one. Ron was practicing medicine and had editors handling that, except for the occasional article he would contribute, like a Christmas entry.
    Um.... dude. One went on a computer website and the other went to a printer. Stop defending the stupidity of the newsletters. He messed up. He even admits that.

I know the author of this article. Her quote to me knowing I'm around Rand's people; "His and his dad's position on immigration has always been something of a deal breaker for me."
    OK, a single issue activist, based on personal vested interest.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

johnson seemed to recognize he has little chance on fox today. he said he wants to offer the republican party another voice to represent the party. now i just thrashed him a little on fb for the comments on his site, so dont say im not a paul fan. i hate johnson right now, but after watching that video i get the sense that its possible he maight be doing this with the intention of contributing to the liberty conversation in the debates and then drop out once it gets unrealistic in time for ron to benefit from his being in the debates, maybe setting himself up for a future run or a vp spot. i wouldnt want him as a vp but this is what could be in his mind. im being optimistic. most likely hes gonna be an asswipe and split the vote for the sake of ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    OK, a single issue activist. Based on personal vested interest.
    I wouldn't say that. She's very smart and I do respect her writing and speeches. Her stance on immigration is closer to mine as well. Here she is talking about cap and trade:

Posting positive articles about a candidate on a website.

Unlike most of you, I realize most candidates don't even monitor what's on the website. Still, it's worth asking him. Why did he support a 'racist' in the last election?
    And I want RP people to know what their dual contributions to GJ and RP does for RP. If GJ had good intentions about RP he would never have any article that pits him against RP, he would only have articles that pits him against all the other candidates.
    If GJ can't keep control of the content of his website now wait until his campaign gets big including very anti RP staff people. They will be tearing RP every chance they get.
    Last edited by klamath; 04-29-2011 at 07:18 PM.

nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 05-13-2011 at 02:10 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    And I want RP people to know what their dual contrabutions to GJ and RP does for RP. If GJ had good intentions about RP he would never have any article that pits him against RP, he would only have articles that pits him against all the other candidates.
    Well, as much as he's responsible for this.... I am not worried about that one article. Honestly, you guys focus on the wrong things here. The issues and opposing candidates you talk about convert 0 votes for Ron Paul. Keep fighting to keep Ron at 8%.

I wouldn't say that. She's very smart and I do respect her writing and speeches. Her stance on immigration is closer to mine as well.
    Well, there we go. This woman's (and Gary Johnson's) strategy now seems to be to pit Ron Paul supporters against each other based on "borders". Nice.

Heres another gem from the Koch guys. The hits just keep coming

I'm getting pretty sick of having to explain to people that Ron Paul doesn't advocate the gold standard..
    Isn't it only an issue of what kind of gold standard?

If you asked Paul "Do federal or state governments have the authority to issue unbacked paper money?" he would say "No."
    If you asked Paul "Does the Constitution only authorize governments to issue gold and silver as money?" he would say "Yes."
    If you asked Paul "So you advocate a return to the gold standard?" he would say "I would support a gold standard where the government issues money 100% backed by gold and silver, but would not support making such money "legal tender". People should be free to use and accept whatever money they want, be it privately issued precious metal coins or Disney Dollars or whatever else the market comes up with. To clarify, I wouldn't say I want a return to the gold standard such as the international gold-exchange standard nor do I want to return to the false free banking era where government determined how much fractional reserve banking would be permitted in the private sector. A bank should be held completely liable to return all the gold to a customer that a paper note calls for. Failure to do so would result in charges of fraud".

Anyway, about that section of the article, yes it sucks. I'm sure Gary didn't personally approve linking/reprinting it on his site, but the point of this topic was to show where your donation money was going. The Paul campaign staff will make some mistakes too but hopefully no goofball will do anything as stupid.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast