Thread: Our First Obstacle for a Ron Paul 2012 Win - The Delegate Selection Process

Our First Obstacle for a Ron Paul 2012 Win - The Delegate Selection Process

This may be a little premature and hopeful of a 2012 Possible (at this time) Run, but none the less, I believe it needs to be addressed. Especially by those of you that are much wiser than I.

---

I think we need to start taking the time to examine how we lost last time, and how to overcome those shortcomings. The problem that I experienced here with Delegate Selection Fraud, however, here we had a good strategy. We were able to change the rules here so we could nominate Delegates from the floor, and not ones that were hand picked by our current elected crooks.

Hopefully, those that are more familiar with each of your own States process will be able to contribute more. However, I think this is something that is important that we should all focus on. Lets get ourselves a good strategy, then possibly split this off into State Strategies in their respective Forums.

I think the first thing we should do is to flat out expect opposition in the way of those running the Committees preventing any form of Ron Paul candidates. Our solution was to Nominate from the floor and NOT to be Nominated by any Members of the Committee. And the plan would have worked too if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog... Oh, sorry, wrong program. But, back on a serious note, the plan would have worked if they had not broken Quorom (?, less than half of members present) by telling people to leave, and leaving themselves.

This type of strategy, to me, is dirty politics. They dont like who their delegates represent, so they shut down the convention. This is a strategy that needs to be overcome.

So, the first question is, how do we overcome the "Walkout" or "Breaking Quorum" Strategy in the Delegate Selection Process?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sounds like you were at the Nevada convention. If I remember correctly, the chairman of the convention Bob Beers walked out and then they went as far as shutting the lights off(literally). The best, but most difficult way to avoid this situation is to choose a Ron Paul support as the chair of the convention or at the very least someone who is sympathetic to our views.