Thread: Article: Why Ron Paul's Radical Vision Is Good for America (article)

Article: Why Ron Paul's Radical Vision Is Good for America (article)

There is something that currently plagues our nation: a kind of irritable grasping after conclusions, the kind that made me stopped blogging regularly for a while, as I fought in myself that lonely battle of the last five or six people in America who still think that life is way too complicated for any summing up that doesn't involve math. But if someone held a gun to my head and asked me to say what I think about Ron Paul, after interviewing him and following him around for my new profile in the May issue, this is what I would say:

Ron Paul is, or seems to be, a very sweet and shockingly naïve man who wants very much to do right by America. But his uncompromising vision of freedom would destroy America, really, by turbo-charging the powerful and the rich, who have shown throughout history that they have (with a few exceptions) zero social conscience and very little concern for the country. Already they've grasped most of the wealth and property in the country. Those in the top percentile are perfectly happy to throw Americans out of work and create jobs in China or Mexico if it means more profits, which they then bank overseas to avoid paying the taxes that create the relatively uncorrupted government under which they thrive. Given the nearly unlimited freedom from regulations and taxes that Republicans like Paul dream of, they'd be completely unrestrained. Eventually the desperate peasantry would realize, as they just realized throughout the Middle East, that the system was completely gamed against them. The result would be bloody revolution.
    Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...#ixzz1KZPGiVPU

Wow, this guy totally doesn't get it. He spent all this time with RP and this is what he came away with? Yikes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. He is living in a fantasyland where government has "social conscience" and actually cares about the people, while your average rich guy hates the world and wants to destroy it while getting wealthy.

This is what 13 years + of government school gets us, sadly. Magical thinking, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackPeterSchiff View Post
    Wow, this guy totally doesn't get it. He spent all this time with RP and this is what he came away with? Yikes.
    "Progressives" are clueless pawns who advocate the very same policies supported by the corporate and banking interests that they love to complain about. Basically they are complete suckers that the elite no doubt enjoy laughing at.

Oh my goodness that article seriously hurts to read. Ugh this is really how the average persons' mind works.

That first page is pretty bad, but it sounds like not a one of you clicked through on the arrow at the bottom that says READ THE FULL STORY HERE because the next 2 pages are pretty good!

http://www.esquire.com/features/ron-paul-profile-0511

Ron Paul: The Founding Father

He is a constant in a changing world, an emissary from an older America. A self-styled constitutional purist, he has for forty years been a voice in the wilderness. But now he has sparked a movement that has put him at the center of the struggle over what kind of country we want to be. But is America ready for his radical vision?

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    That first page is pretty bad, but it sounds like not a one of you clicked through on the arrow at the bottom that says READ THE FULL STORY HERE because the next 2 pages are pretty good!

Ron Paul: The Founding Father

He is a constant in a changing world, an emissary from an older America. A self-styled constitutional purist, he has for forty years been a voice in the wilderness. But now he has sparked a movement that has put him at the center of the struggle over what kind of country we want to be. But is America ready for his radical vision?

[...]
    Kinda hard to get through all of that when you start off an article with Ron Paul will destroy America.

The page you linked was the authors blog entry, the continued part was what he actualy wrote for Esquire and will get printed - dead tree version. Night and day difference.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    "Progressives" are clueless pawns who advocate the very same policies supported by the corporate and banking interests that they love to complain about. Basically they are complete suckers that the elite no doubt enjoy laughing at.
    The problem with progressives is that they have an attention span of a fruit fly. They can be bought real cheap. As long as they get theirs or they think that their destructive goals are being met, they could care less what happens down the line. Take for example, the health care bill which was recently passed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To give him credit, he says this at the very end:

"Or maybe they're right, and the mildest government regulations lead inevitably down the "road to serfdom." Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand."
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

His views aren't radical and it is the perverted extremists in both political wings that perceive liberty relatively speaking as radical that is so detrimental to this country and the world as a whole.

We need to comment on this.. is it possible? I don't see any option.

Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand."
    If you comment on this article or talk to a person that feels like the above quote, remind them that we too are in distress and until we stop warring with each other, we the people will continue to get gamed. Time to put away our childish ways and bring about a new American Enlightenment, TOGETHER. The people of this country absolutely have to stop hating each other just because the tv tells us to do so.
    “The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended.” -Frédéric Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulNation.Org View Post
    We need to comment on this.. is it possible? I don't see any option.
    There is no comment board on Esquire.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

More from the article:

So I think it's very likely that Paul's purity and extremism will end up being a force for good, if only because the man who says what he means exposes the truth beneath the pretty lies. Do we really want a nation without a strong federal government? When the Colorado River runs low, how long before Arizona and Nevada go to war over water? If New Hampshire guts its safety net, will Massachusetts close emergency rooms to the desperate citizens flooding across the border? Is small government really possible in a country as big and complicated as 21st-century America? Or is the underlying Republican vision indistinguishable from a failed state?

Or maybe they're right, and the mildest government regulations lead inevitably down the "road to serfdom." Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Too long for me to read.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

'When the Colorado River runs low, how long before Arizona and Nevada go to war over water?'

Depends on whether we have a Constitutionalist in charge, who will understand his duty to keep peace between the various states, or if we have a warmonger from the Twin War Parties who will promote any fighting in the interests of selling weapons to the combatants.

Obama=war. Paul=peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    why can't people realize that the federal reserve enables the super rich and corporations to commit these horrible acts? most of what he described in the first few paragraphs has already happened while the whole political class didn't listen to a word ron paul said. the rest of the article consists of the writer making a caricature of conservative beliefs. at least he admits he's a clueless moron at the end

ugh! - read the article, not the blog:

I am with the other posters that don't hate the author, but where does he get some of the stuff he says? Ron is against birth control in order to force Christianity on people? First of all, I really think even some of the "if you disagree with my version of Christianity you're helpless, stupid and ignorant of plain facts" RP supporters here are not in favor of forcing their religion on anyone. If you just "believe" because you are forced to, then you don't really believe at all. Everybody knows that. Second, when has Ron ever been against birth control? He might be against the federal government being involved in sex education, but he's against the federal government being involved in *any* education.

Finally, "conservatives like Ron Paul" or "Republicans like Ron Paul" is always such a blatant mistake. I think it's pretty plain that he's one of a kind.

That has to be one of the worst blogs I've ever read.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.