Thread: Billionaires: Raise My Taxes!

Billionaires: Raise My Taxes!

So Obama stopped in at Facebook this week. Mark Zuckerberg said that he would be "cool" with paying more taxes. He joins Bill Gates and Warren Buffet at the top of the list of hypocrites who have called for higher taxes.

Sure they would be "cool" with paying higher taxes in theory. No doubt they would be willing to pay any extra taxes (in the rare situation where they are not able to shelter their income with an army of lobbyists and lawyers).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/2...avortaxhikes_1
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Exactly:

This is the Dirty Little Secret of the whole affair: Increasing tax rates does not mean that the rich will actually pay more taxes.

The rich can generally arrange their affairs in such a way, with the help of lawyers and accountants, so as to pay taxes at a rate far below the nominal rate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Why dont they just cut a check to Uncle Sam and call it good?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Yep. You're still allowed to do this. You can still contribute to the pot, and have zero say in what happens to it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Because they have no intention of paying higher taxes? Taxes are for mundanes.

But, they can't give money away and not get any attention for it! That would be downright Christian or something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This is like inviting the local thieves in your community to an open house event at your home.

The just rich and the unjust rich must be clearly defined. Government transfers must end to define the difference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook has an overly inflated valuation that is going to sink like the Titanic very soon. I want to see if that tool is "cool" with paying more in taxes in a couple of years.

Mark Zuckerberg is a scumbag... It's pure propaganda billionaire BS for there puppets/accomplices in Washington DC and the State Capitals. If these Billionaires which keep opening their traps about paying more in taxes, then open your checkbook and write a nice fat check to the US Treasury/IRS and go on with your insider lives.

This way it will cut out all the slide of hand kickbacks in writeoffs, tax credits, reimbursements, carry loss forward/back... etc etc etc. We know this game they play and everytime these billionaires open their mouth in agreement with government on raising taxes, rest assure, it's not them paying, but the middle and lower income earners that pickup all the costs. Tired of seeing billionaire T. Bone Pickens on every fascist news channel peddling his NATGAS and Wind Mills... but never makes a move without huge subsidies from the American taxpayers to fund HIS agenda.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Because they have no intention of paying higher taxes? Taxes are for mundanes.
    Thread winner. If you are wealthy, you have your assets in places that are not subject to income tax. You have trust funds, capital gains rates, and loss carry forward provisions.

The purpose of income tax is to prevent the middle class from becoming wealthy, and prevent the working class from moving into the middle class.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Nothing is stopping them.

Last time I checked, there was an option to donate $ at the end of their tax form.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    But, they can't give money away and not get any attention for it! That would be downright Christian or something!
    :collins: +rep :collins:
    “The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended.” -Frédéric Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So Obama stopped in at Facebook this week. Mark Zuckerberg said that he would be "cool" with paying more taxes.
    He doesn't want to be broken up into little companies like they threatened Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    He doesn't want to be broken up into little companies like they threatened Microsoft.
    Facebook is the greatest tool ever available to Big Brother. Zuckerberg will always have close ties to the government.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So why don't they just create more jobs? Or write a check to the treasury?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    So why don't they just create more jobs? Or write a check to the treasury?
    They create jobs in other countries instead, to avoid US taxes. Could they be any bigger hypocrites?

Write a check? You gotta be kidding.

Dear billionaires,

Feel free to write me a check for $1,000,000. I promise it will go to feeding hungry people (my wife and I get hungry a few times a day and like going to nice restaurants).
    Last edited by AZKing; 04-27-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    The Golden rule: Those that own the gold make the rules.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?