Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christ is Risen!

B
    U
    M
    P
    !
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

PLEASE PLEASE listen! BEST SONG EVER!
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post

PLEASE PLEASE listen! BEST SONG EVER!
    Beautiful!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Beautiful!
    thanks for listening!

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Christ is risen – Indeed He is risen – in different languages

Albanian: Krishti Ungjall! Vertete Ungjall!
    Arabic: Al Maseeh Qam! Haqqan Qam!
    Armenian: Christos harjav i merelotz! Orhniale harutjun Christosi!
    Byelorussian: Khristos Uvoskros! Zaprowdu Uvoskros!
    Chinese: Helisituosi fuhuole! Queshi fuhuole!
    Coptic: Pikhirstof aftonf! Khen o methni aftonf!
    Czech: Kristus vstal zmrtvy’ch! Skutec ne vstal!
    Danish: Kristus er opstanden! Ja, sandelig opstanden!
    Dutch: Christus is opgestaan! Hij is waarlijk opgestaan!
    English: Christ is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen!
    Estonian: Kristus on surnuist ülestőusnud! Tőesti ülestőusnud!
    Finnish: Kristus nousi Kuolleista! Totisesti Nousi!Christ est Ressuscité! En Vérité, Il est Ressuscité!
    Gaelic: Erid Krist! G’deya! n erid she!
    Irish Gaelic: Tá Críosd ar éirigh! Go deimhin, tá e ar éirigh!
    Scots’ Gaelic: Tha Crěosd air čiridh! Gu dearbh, tha e air čiridh!
    Georgian: Kriste aghsdga! Cheshmaritad aghsdga!
    Greek: Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!
    Hebrew: Ha Mashiyach qam! Ken hoo qam!
    Hungarian: Krisztus feltámadt! Valóban feltámadt!
    Italian: Cristo č risorto! Č veramente risorto!
    Japanese: Harisutosu Fukkatsu! Jitsu Ni Fukkatsu!
    Latin: Christus resurrexit! Vere resurrexit!
    Norwegian: Kristus er oppstanden! Han er sannelig opstanden!
    Polish: Khristus Zmartvikstau! Zaiste Zmartvikstau!
    Portugese: Christo Ressuscitou! Em Verdade Ressuscitou!
    Rumanian: Hristos a Inviat! Adeverat a Inviat!
    Russian: Khristos voskres! Voistinu voskres!
    Serbian: Hristos Vaskrese! Vaistinu Vaskrese!
    Slavonic: Christos Voskrese! Voistinu Voskrese!
    Slovak: Kristus vstal zmr’tvych! Skutoc ne vstal!
    Spanish: Cristo ha resucitado! Verdaderamente ha resucitado!
    Sweedish: Kristus är upstĺnden! Ja, Han är sannerligen uppstĺnden!
    Syriac: Meshiha qam! Bashrira qam!
    Ukranian: Kristos Voskres! Voistinu voskres!
    Welsh: Atgyfododd Crist! Atgyfododd in wir!
    +

cool Ter! Here is how I feel today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+

Happy Easter ya'll!

Yay! Christ is risen and so am I this morning finally!

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Христос воскресь!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You went down to the deepest parts of the earth, and you shattered the everlasting bars of those that those that were fettered, O Christ.

And on the third day, like Jonas from the whale, you arose from the tomb.

Keeping the seals intact, O Christ, you rose from the tomb, you who did not harm the locks of the Virgin’s womb at your birth, and you have opened to us the gates of Paradise.

O my Saviour, the living Victim unsuitable for sacrifice, as God offering yourself willingly to the Father, you raised with yourself all Adam’s race, in rising from the tomb.

Paschal Canon - Ode 6
    +

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, how many of you attended a vigil last night After liturgy/mass/etc? Vigils aren't my thing generally (I need my sleep).
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    So, how many of you attended a vigil last night After liturgy/mass/etc? Vigils aren't my thing generally (I need my sleep).
    The Divine Liturgy after vespers is my favorite service of the year! After liturgy, our parish has the traditional magreritsa soup and lamb served in the dining hall. Got home late though 4 am. But, had my cup of coffee and now leaving to feast some more!
    +

The Divine Liturgy after vespers is my favorite service of the year! After liturgy, our parish has the traditional magreritsa soup and lamb served in the dining hall. Got home late though 4 am. But, had my cup of coffee and now leaving to feast some more!
    Enjoy! ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    cool Ter! Here is how I feel today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
    OH! Love this song! Thanks for posting it Kevin. I'm gonna buy this one.

Taking a break inbetween getting all of the food ready here. Peeps will be here later. I'm already stuffing my face with my angelic eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I was up till 3AM this morning. I got a few hours sleep anyway. Beautiful day here today too.

grrr new photo posting piece isn't working.
    Christ is Risen!
    Last edited by fisharmor; 04-20-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    grrr new photo posting piece isn't working.
    Christ is Risen!
    Truly He is Risen!!

Saint John Chrysostom on the Truth of the Resurrection

Seest thou how they labour for the truth against their will? For they themselves came to Pilate, themselves asked, themselves sealed, setting the watch, so as to be accusers, and refuters one of another. And indeed when should they have stolen Him? on the Sabbath? And how? for it was not lawful so much as to go out. And even if they transgressed the law, how should they have dared, who were so timid, to come forth? And how could they also have been able to persuade the multitude? By saying what? By doing what? And from what sort of zeal could they have stood in behalf of the dead? expecting what recompense? what requital? Seeing Him yet alive and merely seized, they had fled; and after His death were they likely to speak boldly in His behalf, unless He had risen again? And how should these things be reasonable? For that they were neither willing nor able to feign a resurrection that did not take place, is plain from hence. He discoursed to them of a resurrection, and continually said, as indeed these very men have stated, "After three days I rise again." If therefore He rose not again, it is quite clear that these men (having been deceived and made enemies to an entire nation for His sake, and come to be without home and without city) would have abhorred Him, and would not have been willing to invest Him with such glory; as having been deceived, and having fallen into the utmost dangers on His account. For that they would not even have been able, unless the resurrection had been true, to feign it, this does not so much as need reasoning.

For in what were they confident? In the shrewdness of their reasonings? Nay of all men they were the most unlearned. But in the abundance of their possessions? Nay, they neither had staff nor shoes. But in the distinction of their race? Nay, they were mean, and of mean ancestors. But in the greatness of their country? Nay, they were of obscure places. But in their own numbers? Nay, they were not more than eleven, and they were scattered abroad. But in their Master's promises? What kind of promises? For if He were not risen again, neither would those be likely to be trusted by them. And how should they endure a frantic people. For if the chief of them endured not the speech of a woman, keeping the door, and if all the rest too, on seeing Him bound, were scattered abroad, how should they have thought to run to the ends of the earth, and plant a feigned tale of a resurrection? For if he stood not a woman's threat, and they not so much the sight of bonds, how were they able to stand against kings, and rulers, and nations, where were swords, and gridirons, and furnaces, and ten thousand deaths by day, unless they had the benefit of the power and grace of Him who rose again? Such miracles and so many were done, and none of these things did the Jews regard, but crucified Him Who had done them, and were they likely to believe these men at their mere word about a resurrection? These things are not, they are not so, but the might of Him Who rose again brought them to pass.
    +

The Resurrection: an affront to reason

link here
    21 April 2014

It’s hardly surprising that the message of the Resurrection of Christ has raised a whole host of doubts and questions. Objections were registered immediately after the occurrence of the supernatural event on which the whole structure of the Christian Church is founded. For the Jews of Biblical Jerusalem, it was a blasphemy of the apostate Christians to claim that a crucified criminal could ever be the Messiah. For the cultured Greeks, who already believed in the immortality of the soul, the very thought of a resurrected body was repulsive. Even for the Gnostic Christians of the 2nd century, the preferred view was that Christ was an immortal spirit who shuffled off his mortal coil.

It’s true that Jesus’ Resurrection is a real test for human reason. We don’t need to look far: suffice it to examine the entourage of the Lord and we see the suspicion and doubt that had crept into even the select circle of His disciples, as regards this astonishing event. The Twelve shut themselves into the upper room and had very serious doubts indeed concerning the news brought by the Myrrh-bearing women, attributing it to female hyperbole and a taste for exaggeration. But on the way to Emmaus, two disciples had the Risen Jesus with them and were unable to recognize in His face their beloved Master. With his mind working strictly within the bounds of reason, Thomas persistently refused to believe the news of the Resurrection.

Coming now to our own times, the teaching on the Resurrection seems even more unrealistic and absurd. This is because our age is one which deifies reason, boasts of the conquests and achievements of human endeavours and has begun gradually to give shape in our conceited brains to the sense of total self-sufficiency and omnipotence. But this omnipotence creates utter confusion, because you see a lot of people today declaring themselves to be Christian while denying the fact of the Resurrection since they can’t understand it. What sort of Christians are they?

The Church itself declares that we can’t approach this event with rational or human measures. It’s not a natural or, much less, unnatural reality, it’s not rational, much less, irrational truth. It’s an event beyond nature, a supra-rational reality which ignores reason, transcends its narrow and stultifying boundaries and is let loose by the power of the Divine Will.

The Resurrection demands the element of faith if we’re to approach and accept it, a faith without limits and restrictions, without ‘Yes, but…’, a faith that gives sense and vision both to this life and the next, a faith that doesn’t discuss these truths, because they can’t be discussed, can’t be understood, can’t be subjected to flimsy arguments, to worldly and therefore human and outmoded principles, that bind people within the confines of their minuscule existence. ‘Knowledge of this world cannot know anything other than a host of thoughts, not what can be known through the simplicity of the intellect’. And the Resurrection demands simplicity in the intellect, simplicity of thought, a child-like and therefore pure and unadulterated faith.

Christ’s Resurrection marks the victory over death and the consolidation of the hope of immortality. This hope can give courage, provide strength and endurance for people to put up with the problems and pains of this life. The resurrection is the culmination of the Passion, the image which directly succeeds the tragedy of the Cross. It is precisely this that is the hope: the fact that behind the Cross that each person, without exception, bears in this life, there is Christ Who suffers with us, Who gives all of us release, redemption, validation, the resurrection of life and of the conscience, the end of pain and of anguish. The late Justin Popović wrote ‘without the Resurrection there’s nothing more absurd in heaven or under the heavens than this world, nor greater despair than this this life, without immortality’.

Let us, then, believe what we haven’t seen and find difficult to understand. Our reward for this faith will be that someday we shall see Him in Whom we believed. Christ has risen!

(Archimandrite Epifanios S. Ekonomou, Από την ατέλεια στην αγιότητα, Kastaniotis Publications, pp. 222-4).
    +

Living in the Light of the Resurrection of Christ

By Metropolitan Ignatios of Arta

The risen man, he who believes in the Resurrection of Christ, lives with the hope of the Resurrection, is not afraid of death, does not give way to the power of evil and sin, is not frustrated by the many hurdles, failures and challenges of life, does not consider the many and devious methods of the devil. He believes, hopes and struggles. He is guided by the truth of the Risen One and is illumined by the light of the Resurrection. He is sanctified, redeemed and deified with the sanctifying Grace of the Holy Mysteries of the Church.

He becomes a grace-filled man who has a vibrant and living presence of Christ in his soul. This is why he is joyful, peaceful, serene, but also a fighter, with much respect and sacrificial love and offering towards others. He is a true and faithful Christian, whose life reveals and testifies to the unique splendor of the Resurrection.

My beloved, unfortunately we do not believe as we ought in our Risen Lord. We do not walk in the light of the Resurrection. This is why man suffers so much. Families are dissolving, corruption dominates, materialism and atheism are progressing, our young are increasingly being led towards violence and drugs, frustration and suicide. There are so many other tragic consequences that we experience daily.

Let us allow, my brethren, the Risen Lord and Redeemer to be our Father and Guide in our life, that we might live in the Light of His Resurrection a joyful, peaceful and creative resurrection life.

Source
    +

When christ returns, will it be in the flesh as a man/woman?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

The Risen Christ: Logic on Trial

By Photios Kontoglou

The faith of a Christian is tested by the Resurrection of Christ like gold in a furnace. Out of the entire Gospel, the Resurrection of Christ is the most unbelievable thing, totally inadmissible by our logic and a true cause of its suffering. Because it is something totally unbelievable, for this reason it requires all of our faith to believe in it. We people often say we have faith, but we only have it for those things that are believable to our minds. But then faith is not needed, since logic is enough. Faith is required for the unbelievable.

Many people are unbelievers. The same disciples of Christ did not have faith in the teachings of their Teacher who had told them He would be raised, despite all the respect and loyalty they had for Him and the trust they had in His words. And when the Myrrhbearers went at dawn to the sepulcher of Christ, and beheld the two angels who spoke with them, who told them that He had risen, they ran to tell the joyful news to the disciples, but the disciples did not believe their words, having the idea that it was just a fantasy: "But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense" (Lk. 24:11).

Do you see with how much unbelief Christ Himself struggled? And from His own disciples. Do you see with how much long-suffering He endured everything? And with all this, the majority of us are separated from Christ by a wall of ice, the wall of unbelief. He opens His arms to us and calls us, but we deny Him. He shows us His pierced hands and feet, and we say that we do not see them.

We try to find support for our unbelief to satisfy our ego, and we call these Philosophy and Science. The word Resurrection does not have a place in our books of knowledge. Because "the knowledge of this world cannot know anything except the multitude of their thoughts, not however with the simplicity of ones mind." Yes, those who have this mind of blessed simplicity, the Lord blessed, saying: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." And to Thomas, who sought to touch Him in order to believe, He said: "Because you have seen Me Thomas, you have believed? Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe."

Let us ask the Lord to give us this rich poverty, this pure heart, so that we can see Him being raised and be raised with Him. "This ignorance is higher than knowledge" (St. Isaac the Syrian). Most fortunate and thrice-fortunate are they who have it.

Christ is Risen!
    +

The Risen Christ: Logic on Trial

By Photios Kontoglou

The faith of a Christian is tested by the Resurrection of Christ like gold in a furnace. Out of the entire Gospel, the Resurrection of Christ is the most unbelievable thing, totally inadmissible by our logic and a true cause of its suffering. Because it is something totally unbelievable, for this reason it requires all of our faith to believe in it. We people often say we have faith, but we only have it for those things that are believable to our minds. But then faith is not needed, since logic is enough. Faith is required for the unbelievable.

Many people are unbelievers. The same disciples of Christ did not have faith in the teachings of their Teacher who had told them He would be raised, despite all the respect and loyalty they had for Him and the trust they had in His words. And when the Myrrhbearers went at dawn to the sepulcher of Christ, and beheld the two angels who spoke with them, who told them that He had risen, they ran to tell the joyful news to the disciples, but the disciples did not believe their words, having the idea that it was just a fantasy: "But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense" (Lk. 24:11).

Do you see with how much unbelief Christ Himself struggled? And from His own disciples. Do you see with how much long-suffering He endured everything? And with all this, the majority of us are separated from Christ by a wall of ice, the wall of unbelief. He opens His arms to us and calls us, but we deny Him. He shows us His pierced hands and feet, and we say that we do not see them.

We try to find support for our unbelief to satisfy our ego, and we call these Philosophy and Science. The word Resurrection does not have a place in our books of knowledge. Because "the knowledge of this world cannot know anything except the multitude of their thoughts, not however with the simplicity of ones mind." Yes, those who have this mind of blessed simplicity, the Lord blessed, saying: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." And to Thomas, who sought to touch Him in order to believe, He said: "Because you have seen Me Thomas, you have believed? Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe."

Let us ask the Lord to give us this rich poverty, this pure heart, so that we can see Him being raised and be raised with Him. "This ignorance is higher than knowledge" (St. Isaac the Syrian). Most fortunate and thrice-fortunate are they who have it.

Christ is Risen!
    Во истину воскрес!

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    We will rise from the dead in resurrected bodies because Christ took upon Himself our human nature (which includes our flesh) and united it with the eternal and divine nature. This is the glorified body Christ is the Firstfruits of, and what those who believe in Him will also rise in. Of a different quality, more spiritual in the glorified state, incorrupt and free of pain and sin, but material bodies nonetheless. If the human body of Christ did not resurrect, then we would have no hope of resurrection, for it is His very risen flesh which saves our own flesh.

So the answer is, Christ now, tomorrow, at His return, and forever in the new creation on the last and eternal day, is the Theanthropos (God-Man), Whose hypostasis is the union of perfect human nature (what Adam was created to be) with the perfect divine nature (what Adam was created to grow in, by the grace of God).
    +

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Those who were in Messiah prior to His return will be transfigured, or transformed into a body that originates in the eternal realm, and thus is impervious to anything in this universe, but it is also a more perfect body, and filled with power. The details of which are largely unknown, except they are apparently likely to glow unless you intentionally stop glowing.

Those who pass through the tribulation and those who live in the coming 1000 year kingdom, will NOT be transfigured, they will have worldly bodies, but the hypothesis is that those will be 'almost perfect' worldly bodies, like before Noah.

I presume to postulate additionally that technology will survive into the Millennial Reign, and become an order of magnitude more profound, and that over the course of the Millennial Reign, the nations will start ould much like the political nations today, and then slowly melt away as we get closer to the end of the 1000 years it will be like the time of the Judges. We will achieve true global political anarchy right before the end of the universe, and then this universe will be destroyed and we will all be given a new universe to explore.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast