Thread: Rand Paul calls Donald Trump's campaign 'frivolous', backs dad for president

Rand Paul calls Donald Trump's campaign 'frivolous', backs dad for president

Video > http://www.humanaction.com/humans/ra...ial-presidenti

During a Friday afternoon interview with WBKO, a local Bowling Green news channel, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) eluded to the probability that his father, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) would be seeking the GOP presidential nomination sometime next month.

"I might have a relative running.. there have been rumors that my father is running again," joked the younger Paul. He also cleared up the possibility that he himself would not run be entering the race, "The one thing I would not do is run against him... I think too many people would think it would be weird for us to run togther."

There was speculation that Paul might seek the Republican nomination when he was a keynode speaker for Iowa's 'Rising Star' event held ealier this month.

The freshman senator also had some harsh words for real-estate tycoon Donald Trump, who has energized some Tea Party activists with his harsh criticism of President Barack Obama. Much of Trump's criticism revolves around Obama's supposed lack of a birth certificate.

"It is hard for an 'entertainer' to be treated seriously as a candidate. It is very easy to be perceived as frivolous and I think since all he seems to be talking about is the president's birth certificate.. it will be hard for him to be considered seriously."
    Last edited by HumanAction; 04-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Donald Trump for his entertainment value, but that's where it ends. Rand is spot on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I like Donald Trump for his entertainment value, but that's where it ends. Rand is spot on here.
    Reagan was an entertainer.

During a Friday afternoon interview with WBKO, a local Bowling Green news channel, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) eluded to the probability that his father, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) would be seeking the GOP presidential nomination sometime next month.
    <facepalm>

I wish Rand would not get involved in the Trump thing. I mean I guess there could be a strategic advantage to it, but it still makes me cringe to give that clown any attention whatsoever.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Notice he didn't actually call the campaign frivolous and the headline states it as if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    Notice he didn't actually call the campaign frivolous and the headline states it as if he did.
    Yeah Rand is good with words like that.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    <facepalm>
    Are we as a nation just getting increasingly careless with homophones, or is it Spellcheck trying to destroy our civilization?

Public education and Spellcheck. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yeah Rand is good with words like that.
    Beg pardon? He's good at not using words that get put in his mouth later? Huh?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Reagan was an entertainer.
    Exactly, and look how horrible of a President he was!

Someday I hope Rand will put his support of his Dad into slightly stronger terms than 'he's my landlord, so I have to' though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I propose a drinking game for every time there is the word quixotic in an article about Ron Paul.

I wish Rand would not get involved in the Trump thing. I mean I guess there could be a strategic advantage to it, but it still makes me cringe to give that clown any attention whatsoever.
    Yes Matt. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    I propose a drinking game for every time there is the word quixotic in an article about Ron Paul.
    Or gadfly. But we'd die of alcohol poisoning.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Exactly, and look how horrible of a President he was!
    A more pressing issue for us here is that, despite being a horrible president, he was highly electable. So calling Trump a "clown," while accurate, may be beside the point, in of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    A more pressing issue for us here is that, despite being a horrible president, he was highly electable. So calling Trump a "clown," while accurate, may be beside the point, in of itself.
    If Trump's history is communicated to the Republican voter base, he won't win anything other than NY.