Thread: Remember those cops who shot and killed Erik Scott at Costco in LV last year?

Remember those cops who shot and killed Erik Scott at Costco in LV last year?

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Two Las Vegas police officers who shot and killed Erik Scott in the controversial Costco shooting last year have received honors in a national officer of the year award.

Officers William Mosher and Joshua Stark received honorable mention in the National Association of Police Organizations' Top Cops awards.
    [...]
    "It was a heroic deed and enough of a heroic deed for the judges to give them an honorable mention."

Scott's father, Bill Scott, called the honor "incredible."

"The arrogance of Chris Collins and the PPA in even nominating these two staggers the imagination," he said.

He called the officers' actions a "mistake" and added, "Now they're being honored for their mistakes?"
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I don't see it as a controversial shooting," he said about the Costco shooting. "What potentially could have been a bad situation they brought to an end with no citizens being hurt.
    uhh....what?

At the very best this was a deadly mistake, if not purposeful police misconduct. People who make deadly mistakes don't deserve awards, that's for sure.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

I do not remember what happened. Could somebody refresh my memory?
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

Apperently this guy Erik Scott was being a bit unruly at Costco, at which time some cops told him to leave, he showed that he had a gun, they told him to get down on the ground and proceeding to shoot him 7 times. Or at least that's what I understand happened.

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogsp...tts-death.html

When Erik squatted on the floor to verify that three metal water bottles would fit into a soft-sided, zip-up cooler, a Costco employee saw the weapon. Erik's shirt had lifted up, revealing a holstered pistol clipped to his belt, on his right hip. A civil interchange ensued, and the employee informed Erik of Costco's policy that guns were not allowed inside company stores -- although there are no signs to that effect posted outside or inside the facility. Erik calmly responded that his gun was legal and that he had a concealed carry weapon (CCW) permit on his person. Like other Boston Scientific pacemaker sales reps, Erik carried a concealed weapon for personal protection, because reps are required to enter dangerous areas of the city at all hours of the day and night to serve patients fitted with cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators. Contrary to wildly erroneous news reports, we've seen no evidence that Erik had a second gun on his person.

The Costco employee apparently reported to the store's manager that Erik was carrying a gun. The manager, in turn, informed a young, plainclothes security guard, who subsequently placed a 911 call to the police. The contents of that 911 call have not been released, but Northwest Metro cops rushed to the store in overwhelming force. As many as 15 police cruisers, a helicopter, an incident-command team and an ambulance were dispatched.

Costco managers announced that the store was being evacuated. Unaware that the evacuation had anything to do with him, Erik and his girlfriend walked out with the crowd, passing three Metro officers waiting at the entrance. The Costco undercover security guard pointed to Erik, and the cops started yelling at Erik to stop and turn around.

Erik turned to find three officers facing him, guns drawn, and all three shouting different commands: "Get on the ground!" "Drop your weapon!" "Keep your hands up!" Erik held his hands up, spoke calmly, told them he DID have a concealed firearm and a legal CCW and was an ex-Army officer. His girlfriend was screaming about Erik being a West Point grad, former Army officer, etc. Erik leaned to his left, hands still up, to expose the pistol, and repeated, "I am disarming; I am disarming..." Witnesses say he started to lower his right hand, palm OUT, perhaps intending to remove holster and gun together — but never got the hand below his shoulder, when one of the cops (believed to be William Mosher, who had committed a fatal shooting in 2006) shot Erik in the chest with a .45-caliber semi-automatic weapon. Erik dropped to his knees, clearly in shock, his face a picture of disbelief. He was shot a second time and collapsed. The rest is ugly. The three officers unloaded again, firing a total of seven hollow-point rounds. At least four, possibly five, hit Erik in the back, after he was on the ground and dying.
    Last edited by Lucille; 04-21-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Like A Rock View Post
    I do not remember what happened. Could somebody refresh my memory?
    I'm sure a search for Costo would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    When Erik squatted on the floor to verify that three metal water bottles would fit into a soft-sided, zip-up cooler, a Costco employee saw the weapon. Erik's shirt had lifted up, revealing a holstered pistol clipped to his belt, on his right hip. A civil interchange ensued, and the employee informed Erik of Costco's policy that guns were not allowed inside company stores -- although there are no signs to that effect posted outside or inside the facility. Erik calmly responded that his gun was legal and that he had a concealed carry weapon (CCW) permit on his person. Like other Boston Scientific pacemaker sales reps, Erik carried a concealed weapon for personal protection, because reps are required to enter dangerous areas of the city at all hours of the day and night to serve patients fitted with cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators. Contrary to wildly erroneous news reports, we've seen no evidence that Erik had a second gun on his person.

The Costco employee apparently reported to the store's manager that Erik was carrying a gun. The manager, in turn, informed a young, plainclothes security guard, who subsequently placed a 911 call to the police. The contents of that 911 call have not been released, but Northwest Metro cops rushed to the store in overwhelming force. As many as 15 police cruisers, a helicopter, an incident-command team and an ambulance were dispatched.

Costco managers announced that the store was being evacuated. Unaware that the evacuation had anything to do with him, Erik and his girlfriend walked out with the crowd, passing three Metro officers waiting at the entrance. The Costco undercover security guard pointed to Erik, and the cops started yelling at Erik to stop and turn around.

Erik turned to find three officers facing him, guns drawn, and all three shouting different commands: "Get on the ground!" "Drop your weapon!" "Keep your hands up!" Erik held his hands up, spoke calmly, told them he DID have a concealed firearm and a legal CCW and was an ex-Army officer. His girlfriend was screaming about Erik being a West Point grad, former Army officer, etc. Erik leaned to his left, hands still up, to expose the pistol, and repeated, "I am disarming; I am disarming..." Witnesses say he started to lower his right hand, palm OUT, perhaps intending to remove holster and gun together — but never got the hand below his shoulder, when one of the cops (believed to be William Mosher, who had committed a fatal shooting in 2006) shot Erik in the chest with a .45-caliber semi-automatic weapon. Erik dropped to his knees, clearly in shock, his face a picture of disbelief. He was shot a second time and collapsed. The rest is ugly. The three officers unloaded again, firing a total of seven hollow-point rounds. At least four, possibly five, hit Erik in the back, after he was on the ground and dying.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason article
    Both of these shootings were high-profile, and in both cases witness accounts dispute officer accounts (though in the Scott case there are lots of discrepencies—other witnesses confirm portions of the police version of events).
    Now we know why cops routinely arrest peaceful citizens with cameras.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

seems like a trend:

N.Y. Cop Who Shot, Killed College Football Player Wins Award

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/14...#ixzz1KCES7qbU
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

Duly noted.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I'm sorry, but those cops seem to have no proper training, a couple hotshot - straight out of the boot camp - marines could probably do a better arrest.
    Three guys screaming to the suspect at the same time is a great way to put all fours lives in danger.

Edit - Nope, ain't gonna post that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I'm sorry, but those cops seem to have no proper training, a couple hotshot - straight out of the boot camp - marines could probably do a better arrest.
    Three guys screaming to the suspect at the same time is a great way to put all fours lives in danger.
    "Get on the ground!" "Drop your weapon!" "Keep your hands up!"
    It's like that scene in Raising Arizona, but not at all funny, and deadly.

Hayseed: Well, which is it young fella? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, iffen I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And iffen I drop, I'm a gonna be in motion.
    --Albert J. Nock

Crap like this is why I'm too scared to have a concealed weapon her in Spain. I know once glimpse of the gun and I'm dead. If you think cops there overstep their bounds, you should see the Civil Guard here. They're paramilitary and basically have immunity, yet they have the legal right to enforce ANY law. Immigration, traffic, code violations, crime prevention, anything they want. I've had my car searched, illegally, a few times now at toll booths. First two times, I complained, told them my rights were being violated, asked for their ID's and I ended up handcuffed and ticketed, and my car still got completely searched. I can't imagine what they'd do if they found a (unregistered, illegal) handgun on me...Oh and I'm a foreigner here too...

"welcome to costco i love you" Idiocracy 2500 ad
    Last edited by w2992; 04-21-2011 at 04:04 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep, and I have no idea even what you posted. Doesn't matter.

"What will it take?"
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

/speechless and disgusted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Americans citizens: REMEMBER RUBY RIDGE and the HONORS GIVEN OUT to government agents for KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS/CHILDREN.

I see Fasco-Corporate Media/4th branch of American government is standing up for the people once again.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

LibForestPaul

So ex army and west point grad? And his fellow men and family are doing what? Baahhhh?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    So ex army and west point grad? And his fellow men and family are doing what? Baahhhh?
    Proceeding with the civil suit which will have all sorts of interesting discovery, I'm sure.

Personally, I prefer this approach:

Cornelius Vanderbilt was so angry when he learned that he had been betrayed by Morgan and Garrison that he wrote them one of the shortest, and surely most ominous, letters of all time. "Gentlemen: You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I'll ruin you. Yours truly, Cornelius Vanderbilt."

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

What - I am truely outraged! - No promotion? - is the gvmt slipping?????

Originally Posted by LibForestPaul

veterans should hunt these cops down for target practice. at least a 1000 rounds in each. vet killers

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-18-2012 at 12:50 PM.