Thread: The Libertarians in Egypt keep the R3volution Alive in Egypt

The Libertarians in Egypt keep the R3volution Alive in Egypt

Coptic Christians in Egypt Rally for Secular Constitution, Civil Rights

link

(AINA) -- Nearly 100,000 Christian Copts staged a rally today in Egypt. The rally began with a 5 mile march from the Coptic Shubra district to Tahrir Square. Many Muslims joined the march, as well prominent Coptic activists and heads of Coptic human rights organizations.

"We want to show everyone that Copts are present and have fair and lawful demands," said Father Mettias Nasr, one of the organizers of the rally. "We want a secular, democratic state, a constitution void of any religious clauses, and laws that prohibit discrimination."

The rally was organized by the Maspero Coptic Movement to commemorate the 40th day of the death of 9 Copts, who were killed by Muslims and the Egyptian army on March 9 in attacks on the Mokatam district, on the outskirts of Cairo. The remembrance cortege was in the form of a mobile pyramid with photos of the dead, accompanied by funeral military music and Coptic church scouts, who wore red, white and black shirts, the colors of the Egyptian flag.

Organizers raised banners demanding a new constitution that emphasizes the civil state, those responsible for torching and demolishing the church in Soul on March 5 (AINA 3-5-2011) and those who killed the Copts in Mokatam (AINA 3-9-2011) to be brought to justice.

Priests led the procession, showing photos of the Mokatam victims and of Coptic girls who disappeared without a trace, demanding the Supreme Council of the armed forces find the girls "because the authorities know who the abductors are" said Father Filopateer, an organizer. Demands were also made for the release of the 18 Coptic youths who participated in the Maspero Coptic Youth sit-in in March and who were arrested on March 17 by the army and sentenced to three-years in prison under false charges.

"We want our churches which were closed by the disbanded state security to be re-opened, people want to pray and the churches are closed," said Father Mettias.

Father Filopateer said "Anyone who attacks Copts is never penalized, matters are always settled through those ridiculous 'reconciliation' meetings, so the Copts are out today to say we have had enough of reconciliation meetings. We demand that anyone who attacks an Egyptian, whether Christian or Muslim, must be prosecuted. We are a country prosecuting its President, so how come those people are not brought to justice."

The march was originally scheduled to end at Maspero in front of the Egyptian TV building, but because of pro and anti Mubarak demonstration in Maspero, the Copts changed the route to end in Tahrir Square. During the long march, the procession was joined by many people along the way, with Copts holding crosses in their balconies, wishing them victory.

Activist Rami Kamel, member of the Maspero Youth Movement, told elMasry elYoum newspaper the rally aims at claiming Coptic rights, saying the only concession the Copts got after their nine-day sit-in at Maspero was the renovation of the church in Soul, which was handed over to the Coptic church this week. He said the military council did not honor all of its promises, such as bringing to justice the perpetrators of the Soul church attack or those who attacked the Copts in Mokatam, building of the Maghagha Bischopric and re-opening of churches closed for no stated reason by the authorities.

"We will continue to use legitimate means to put pressure on the military council until our demands are met," Kamel said.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Things getting pretty crazy in Egypt.

Riots Erupt in Cairo After Church is Burned
    A Coptic Church in Soul, Egypt, was burned by a Muslim mob, and peaceful Christian demonstrators were attacked in the streets of Cairo when they called on the government to rebuild the church.

Muslims Cheered Bombing of Coptic Church in Egypt
    Eyewitnesses claim Egyptian security forces left the scene shortly before a Jihadist bomb detonated outside a church in Alexandria.

Muslim Terrorists Attack Church in Egypt
    Jihadists have attacked a Coptic Christian church in Alexandria, Egypt — the latest terrorist attack against Christians during this Christmas season.

Anti-Christian Violence Continues in Egypt
    An Egyptian policeman murders Christians, while the Egyptian government withdraws its ambassador from the Vatican, citing papal interference.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Egypt could go either way at this point. It could get better than it was under Mubarak or it could get a lot worse. Let's pray for the former.

Thanks for posting.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Muslims joined the rally. This is important.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

They're not libertarians by any definition. They're just a zombie worshiping cult that is currently in the minority in Egypt. Were they in the majority in Egypt, Christians would be oppressing the rights of the minority groups as they have everywhere around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    They're not libertarians by any definition. They're just a zombie worshiping cult that is currently in the minority in Egypt. Were they in the majority in Egypt, Christians would be oppressing the rights of the minority groups as they have everywhere around the world.
    Yes yes, imaginary sky man zombies blah blah we're terribly interested in what you think with that sort of respect toward the beliefs of others (Even though they want a constitution devoid of religion! What was the point of any of that?).

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysEpistleReading View Post
    Muslims joined the rally. This is important.
    I agree.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And yet the "zombie worshipers" here in the U.S.A. have given minority groups their rights, and have even allowed themselves to be not represented on the U.S. Supreme Court. (Not a single protestant "zombie worshiper" is a SCt justice). Further you apparently want to see a professed "zombie worshiper" replace someone who nobody is sure what he worships as POTUS. Why is that if all "zombie worshipers" cannot be trusted?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're not libertarians by any definition.
    ^^^

Oh yes. Everywhere...
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

I'm confused. The article seems to indicate that these christians are joining with muslims to create a 'secular state.' But we have comments here that jumped on these christians as being theocrats? Did someone read the article differently than I did, or was this just another knee jerk reaction to the word 'christian.'?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'm confused. The article seems to indicate that these christians are joining with muslims to create a 'secular state.' But we have comments here that jumped on these christians as being theocrats? Did someone read the article differently than I did, or was this just another knee jerk reaction to the word 'christian.'?
    Some Muslims are joining the Christians to help push for Liberty in Egypt.

Those "comments" you're talking about are complaining they aren't "Libertarian" enough. lol.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Christians are evil... obviously.