Thread: Who Would Sell Gold or Silver Now?

Who Would Sell Gold or Silver Now?

The majority of people who hold precious metals as a hedge against a falling dollar won't sell at market price until they see a resolution of the debts of western nations.

Mainstream media, the majority of the public and value investors all believe that the precious metals are in a bubble. But that is because they do not understand the foundations underpinning a move into hard assets.

In this regard there are two camps:

1. The camp who believes that we live in a grand new world where governments can centrally plan economies better than the free market itself and where acceptance of government-sponsored, unbacked fiat paper monies is just a normal, unquestioned part of life.

2. The camp who sees central banks as being artificial and dangerous and who are quite surprised that this era of unbacked fiat currencies has lasted this long (nearly 40 years since the "Nixon Shock" on August 15, 1971)

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/04.11/who.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd sell only if I'd need fiat to pay the bills.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    I'd sell only if I'd need fiat to pay the bills.
    i would argue some things might be better to default then to sell ur PMs to pay the bills, of course in the end its personal preference.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

I sold my pms to make a downpayment on a house. I miss being in the game and its painfull to watch it rally to new highs ever since I sold, but I feel it was worth it. At least now I have a secure place to store any future pms I buy
    "Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

i think that if someone got in silver at below $20/oz would be making a good move by selling 1/2 of their silver, i am talking about the avg person making less than about $40,000/yr , if a person has plenty of money and don't need money for anything he should keep the silver till it hits 65-70/oz. but then again what do i know as i sold at $33/oz .