Thread: Rand Paul's views on online gambling?

Rand Paul's views on online gambling?

The Department of Justice shut down the three largest online poker sites yesterday that affected hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans.

This is a segment of the population that is very young and probably not that interested in politics. If Rand Paul were to step out in the lead on this issue and sponsor a bill in the Senate similar to the one in the House (HR 1174), he can gather a lot of support for himself, Ron Paul, and libertarian ideas. If Rand were to just follow and cosponsor a bill instead of being the lead sponsor, I don't think it would have the same impact .

Can anyone in Kentucky contact Rand's offices and get his views on online poker and HR 1174, or at least get the question to his staff so that he is aware of the issue?
    Last edited by tsai3904; 04-16-2011 at 12:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'd like to see Rand (or anyone else) go to bat for the gambling/gaming industry.

Here is his contact info at his senate office:

http://paul.senate.gov/contact_form.cfm

Ron Paul has received an A+ grade from the Poker Player Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Ron Paul has received an A+ grade from the Poker Player Alliance.
    Great info. That deserves a facebook ad.

Links Here:
    http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-07-20/ro...d-dont-tax-it/

Estimated Reach
    40,020 people
    who live in the United States
    age 16 and older
    who like poker players alliance

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    The Department of Justice shut down the three largest online poker sites yesterday that affected hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans.

This is a segment of the population that is very young and probably not that interested in politics. If Rand Paul were to step out in the lead on this issue and sponsor a bill in the Senate similar to the one in the House (HR 1174), he can gather a lot of support for himself, Ron Paul, and libertarian ideas. If Rand were to just follow and cosponsor a bill instead of being the lead sponsor, I don't think it would have the same impact .

Can anyone in Kentucky contact Rand's offices and get his views on online poker and HR 1174, or at least get the question to his staff so that he is aware of the issue?
    It's a double edged sword. Most people I know oppose the shut down but some of my more religious friends are all for it.

I am a Christian but I have engaged in arguments with other Christians all day over this.

I have a feeling a big piece of the Republican voting bloc is all for this.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

The poker players would give Ron millions in contributions. I know many supported him before. Time to advertise on Facebook!

Early ad update. Started it today about 2:00pm. See post #5.

5,400 impressions. 6 clickthroughs. .110% clickthrough rate.

This should seriously be a boon to Ron's campaign if we can capitalize on it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    Early ad update. Started it today about 2:00pm. See post #5.

5,400 impressions. 6 clickthroughs. .110% clickthrough rate.

This should seriously be a boon to Ron's campaign if we can capitalize on it.
    If you start a chip in for this, I would gladly help. Over on the poker forums, Ron Paul is getting a lot of positive feedback and questions from people who never looked into him before. It's good to know that there are some knowledgeable defenders of Ron Paul on those forums (or just people who use logic to make their arguments).

No limits poker tournament with proceeds going to RP's campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    That's a hell of an idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hell I'd play in that tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

I know he had degenerate online gamblers working on his campaign. Some even helped out in the blog world.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I think you're on to something. We could get a lot of poker boards into this, we'd have to plan the moment Ron announces.