Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Raising up to Life of Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Now there's another extraordinary claim.
    So you do have evidence to support your extraordinary claim that my claim was an extraordinary one? Well then what is it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I don't follow any of this. Is something here supposed to be evidence that supports your claim that Constantine and his gang of bishops purged books from the Bible? That whole quote is just some yahoo on the internet. You might as well quote yourself and call that your evidence. Notice how the author provides absolutely no evidence to support his claims. Evidence does not just mean finding someone else who says the same thing you do.

Which books of Enoch, Thomas, and Mary Magdalene do you mean? And what is it that you like about them?
    Of course you don't follow any of that. You haven't and apparently won't do any of your own research. If you don't care enough then why the hell should I?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-13-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I just don't see why posting those homilies is so inspiring. He allegedly raised one person from the dead. We have no clue as to how Lazarus died. Maybe he was killed for child molestation (not likely considering where he came from).

But we're to think it's great that his father's will is that so many people should die from various causes. Many billions. Why is saving someone from death so praise-worthy when killing even more is equally praiseworthy? Christians seem to forget their goal when talking about Lazarus. Either we all wish to die, or live.
    But, they say, it wasn’t the “will” of the “creator of all things” for death to exist. Those who accept that contradiction can believe all kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    But, they say, it wasn’t the “will” of the “creator of all things” for death to exist. Those who accept that contradiction can believe all kinds of things.
    Well if you think of evil and death as a created thing then that might seem like a conundrum because a created thing then comes from a creator. If you think of evil as absence of good and death as the absence of life, then when you grasp the difference of the two belief structures, you can see why the story of Lazurus is so inspiring for believers. There are two paths, one filled with light and one absent of light. Light is greater than darkness and can overcome the effects of death.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Then your argument is against all these sub-biblical, free-will conceptions of Christianity (which I agree are contradictory and ridiculous). You don't have any argument against true Biblical Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Of course you don't follow any of that. You haven't and apparently won't do any of your own research. If you don't care enough then why the hell should I?
    The person who wrote the article you copied and pasted is the one who hasn't done any of his own research, as evidenced by the article itself.

This shouldn't be about who can claim to have done the most research. It should be about actually supporting your claims with evidence. But since you made your baseless accusation concerning my research, check your private messages.

That silly conspiracy theory from the Dan Brown books that Constantine purged books from the Bible, which you repeated as fact, after, as you admit, never having researched the topic, is something no scholar believes. And it is clearly and provably false.

By the way, in the quote you pretend to be replying to, I asked if there was anything in what you copied and pasted that was meant as support for the claim that Constantine and his gang of bushops purged books from the Bible. Conspicuously you did not answer that. Nor did you answer my question about which books of Enoch, Thomas, and Mary Magdalene you like and why.
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-14-2014 at 10:21 AM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234