Thread: Canadian support at Philly rally

Canadian support at Philly rally

Myself and 2 buddies from up here in Waterloo, Canada (just southwest of Toronto) are talking about driving down for the rally in Philly. We haven't really planned anything yet and still need to make sure that weekend is open, but has anyone had any problems booking a hotel near the rally site yet? I figure we'll want something as close as possible if available, especially for the post-rally celebrations. For anyone who knows the city, are there many bars in that area, and is it relatively safe?

Hopefully we'll be able to make it down to cheer alongside you patriots. Americans aren't the only ones who want a political revolution in your country! I don't think all of Ron Paul's ideas would resonate with Canadians, but I can tell you his Foreign Policy and Monetary Policy definitely resonate with me. You guys are lucky to have someone who's willing to speak up about these issues for once, eh?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The rally is surrounded by TONS of bars. There is a HUGE variety of bars within a 5 minute walk.

The area is also very safe, except there have been alot of anti-canadian hate crimes commited lately (joking - it is very safe)

As far as hotels, I have not looked into it myself but I have heard most of the closest ones to the rally site are either booked full and/or very expensive.

I just checked out the Hyatt for you. This place is within a 10 minute walk from the rally and has rooms available....but they cost about 350$ US a night. At least you have those strong canadian dollars to use
    http://pennslanding.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

You could also try to get a hotel near the airport. These hotels are much cheaper, but are not in walking distance. You could take a cab back and forth for about 25$ each way if u dont want to drive drunk.

Please come! It will be great!

I actually believe most airport hotels have courtesy vans that run into Philadelphia and there is also a train line that runs directly from the airport into the city.

We dont take very kindly to canuks here in the states.

Airport hotels

Here what I found. I listed others on the rally site, look at City Line. But a great deal is Airport Sheraton. Working on a group rate, but if you book online, they are around $129 with two beds so folks can share.

Then you have an option to drive in (yuck) or the hotel has a courtesy shuttle to the airport, jump a train to Market East and you are three blocks from the venue. They run every half hour into the city and out. The last one out is at 11:25 pm., but should you miss it and need a cab, it should be fairly cheap since the airport is only a few miles. Looks like a nice hotel. here is the website: www.starwoodhotles.com/sheraton/index.html
    Then enter Philadelphia PA and the dates, scroll down to Sheraton Suites, Airport.
    Phone is 215-365-6600
    I will update if we get a group rate any cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by d991 View Post
    Myself and 2 buddies from up here in Waterloo, Canada (just southwest of Toronto) are talking about driving down for the rally in Philly. We haven't really planned anything yet and still need to make sure that weekend is open, but has anyone had any problems booking a hotel near the rally site yet? I figure we'll want something as close as possible if available, especially for the post-rally celebrations. For anyone who knows the city, are there many bars in that area, and is it relatively safe?

Hopefully we'll be able to make it down to cheer alongside you patriots. Americans aren't the only ones who want a political revolution in your country! I don't think all of Ron Paul's ideas would resonate with Canadians, but I can tell you his Foreign Policy and Monetary Policy definitely resonate with me. You guys are lucky to have someone who's willing to speak up about these issues for once, eh?
    You guys should hook up with the Buffalo and Rochester MeetUps and caravan down. We're on your route as well. It would be cool to have a big caravan into Philadelphia.

In fact, I know a guy in Lockport who needs a ride. Do you have room for one more?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro TT View Post
    Yeah...with their flappy heads and beady little eyes and what not.

I hope you are kidding.

Anybody that supports Ron Paul is a friend of mine.

Come on over my fellow northerners, here's to the world wide support for Ron Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you bring me some Molson XXX eh?

F*ck that sh*t! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!

That works too...XXX just gets me wrecked real quick!

Wink

We dont take very kindly to canuks here in havana.
    Speak for yourself pudro.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    I hope you are kidding.

Anybody that supports Ron Paul is a friend of mine.

Come on over my fellow northerners, here's to the world wide support for Ron Paul.

Here here! Come on down and give your support!

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

I met a Canadian at the Chicago rally. She came to hear Ron Paul speak because she was opposed to the North American Union. She showed us some flyers from Canada against the NAU.
    We will win this...