Thread: Obama-Boehner budget deal passes, Paul Ryan votes Yes

Obama-Boehner budget deal passes, Paul Ryan votes Yes

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll268.xml

260 Yays including Paul Ryan

The Nays are 70 including Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now, Geithner starts pointing the finger at Republicans and accusing them of all sorts of transgressions if they don't comply with raising the debt ceiling. Actually, raising the debt ceiling WILL help seal our fate. Let's put Geithner to the test and tell him to stick it. I'm tired of threats. Although both parties are guility of putting us in this financial mess, the Democrats are the most recent offenders so it's fairly academic to tie Democrats to the problem.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 04-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

HAHAHAHAHA, Paul Ryan is such a ridiculous charlatan. I knew he was a spineless worm, but I never thought he'd show his true colors again so soon. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Disappointed in Walter Jones for voting for it. But it looks like Amash, Chaffetz, Duncan(TN), and Bartlett(MD) voted against it, they are really Ron Paul's only consistent allies in the House.
    "Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JCLibertarian View Post
    Disappointed in Walter Jones for voting for it. But it looks like Amash, Chaffetz, Duncan(TN), and Bartlett(MD) voted against it, they are really Ron Paul's only consistent allies in the House.
    Flake (also a frequent ally) voted against it too, at least.

You know what the best part is? Paul Ryan voted yes, and Kucinich voted no. I'm sure his vote had to do with being upset about the screwed up priorities for cuts and increases rather than overall spending levels, but it's still funny.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 04-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Paul Ryan is Superman by day, Lex Luthor by night.

He's the prime example for illustrating the motto "Talk is cheap".

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Flake (also a frequent ally) voted against it too, at least.

You know what the best part is? Paul Ryan voted yes, and Kucinich voted no. I'm sure his vote had to do with being upset about the screwed up priorities for cuts and increases rather than overall spending levels, but it's still funny.
    Kucinich is more of a fiscal conservative than Paul Ryan, roflmao.
    Benjamin Franklin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

John(son) Boner

Quote Originally Posted by JCLibertarian View Post
    Kucinich is more of a fiscal conservative than Paul Ryan, roflmao.
    If it came down to the wire and they needed Kucinich's vote for it to pass, he would vote for it.

The only solace I have is knowing that as the economy, debt, and country as a whole get worse, Ron Paul will make more and more sense.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    The only solace I have is knowing that as the economy, debt, and country as a whole get worse, Ron Paul will make more and more sense.
    This is inevitable.^

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If it came down to the wire and they needed Kucinich's vote for it to pass, he would vote for it.
    True enough, but he is still more of a fiscal conservative in this case. Ironically, when it comes down to votes pertaining to large debt increases, both have similar track records.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA, Paul Ryan is such a ridiculous charlatan. I knew he was a spineless worm, but I never thought he'd show his true colors again so soon. LOL.
    Paul Rino

My guy (Aderholt) voted yea. BOOOOOOO

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama has a great quote about Paul Ryan in the news today:

The president also made clear he is no fan of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the GOP's Budget Committee chairman.

"When Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure, he's just being America's accountant ... This is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill--but wasn't paid for," Obama reportedly said.
    Unfortunately, being attacked by Obama will probably only make the Republicans more entrenched in their support for the faux fiscal conservative Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNcredibleEgg View Post
    Obama has a great quote about Paul Ryan in the news today:

Unfortunately, being attacked by Obama will probably only make the Republicans more entrenched in their support for the faux fiscal conservative Ryan.
    Beat me to it, thats a great quote.