Thread: great Bill Maher rant on Big Pharma

great Bill Maher rant on Big Pharma

I don't always agree with Maher, but sometimes he nails it. JMHO. Hope y'all enjoy this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, that was spot on!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow, that was spot on!!
    damn straight! Glad you enjoyed it, danno.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

That was awesome, very true and funny.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Loved it... but wtf is Rahm doing on his show?..

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Loved it... but wtf is Rahm doing on his show?..
    Hopefully $#@!ting his pants during that monologue.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yep, that was great LOL, thanks.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

I really hate Bill Maher on his stance and attack on religion, but I do enjoy quite a few of his rants.

I want him to endorse Ron Paul! He always seems to agree with RP when he interviews him...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a great video

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    This is a great video

I saw that shortly after it was posted on youtube. Still a classic.

Im not going to waste my time with that $#@! head.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    He does do a lot of crap, but as other posters have noted, the monologue in question is very good.

It's worth the watch.. Actually, I dare you to try and find a statement in there that you disagree with, and it's a pretty long monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkendonkey49 View Post
    We need to get Dr. Paul on that show again.
    +a zillion. Maher and The Daily show are the most RP-friendly that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    +a zillion. Maher and The Daily show are the most RP-friendly that I know of.
    Only because he slams the R's... not for much else.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's worth the watch.. Actually, I dare you to try and find a statement in there that you disagree with, and it's a pretty long monologue.
    Ok already found one "a government can't outlaw unhealthy things" (paraphrase) they have and do and that is where $#@! heads ideas will lead us to. He wants Obama to DRAG people to his healthcare plan. So what will stop him from asking Obama to DRAG people to eat healthier? The guy is a walking hypocrite.

Ok already found one "a government can't outlaw unhealthy things" (paraphrase) they have and do and that is where $#@! heads ideas will lead us to. He wants Obama to DRAG people to his healthcare plan. So what will stop him from asking Obama to DRAG people to eat healthier? The guy is a walking hypocrite.
    The point of that part of the monologue was that the government can't outlaw everything that can possibly hurt you. ("the government isn't your nanny-they're your dealer") Is he on record as wanting the regime to force Obamacare on us? I'm not aware of that. I've only heard him being sarcastic about that.

The point of that part of the monologue was that the government can't outlaw everything that can possibly hurt you. ("the government isn't your nanny-they're your dealer") Is he on record as wanting the regime to force Obamacare on us? I'm not aware of that. I've only heard him being sarcastic about that.
    I don't watch his show anymore but I remember that he would often use collectivist rhetoric like, "we just need to force the stupid people into (whatever fed program) because they do not know what is best for themselves. "

I'm sure that he believes all of us idiots need to be forced into obamacare or whatever wonderful programs the geniuses in Washington come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by rolle View Post
    I don't watch his show anymore but I remember that he would often use collectivist rhetoric like, "we just need to force the stupid people into (whatever fed program) because they do not know what is best for themselves. "

I'm sure that he believes all of us idiots need to be forced into obamacare or whatever wonderful programs the geniuses in Washington come up with.
    Are you sure he wasn't joking? George Carlin also used to use collectivist terminology facetiously to make a point in a humorous way. /curious

Are you sure he wasn't joking? George Carlin also used to use collectivist terminology facetiously to make a point in a humorous way. /curious
    It has been a few years since I have watched his show so maybe his views have changed. But definitely remember him being serious about there being a need to force the "idiots, morons, red staters, etc..." into whatever program he was talking about.

He (like a lot of progressives) is very good at identifying problems but his/their understanding of the cause and solution to the problems is always wrong. His biggest complaint against democrats/obama is that they do not have a backbone and should move farther to the left.

Maher does have a point about the public's willingness to accept easy answer in many areas, including health. But he takes it way too far when he implies that the medical establishment is in on some great fraud to make money off naive and stupid people.

Besides, he's a bit a lunatic when it comes to issues which involve science and medicine:

Then again, considering his political views, I'd say it's fair to call him a lunatic outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Rate View Post
    Maher does have a point about the public's willingness to accept easy answer in many areas, including health. But he takes it way too far when he implies that the medical establishment is in on some great fraud to make money off naive and stupid people.

Besides, he's a bit a lunatic when it comes to issues which involve science and medicine:

Then again, considering his political views, I'd say it's fair to call him a lunatic outright.
    There is actually truth to that. The medical/pharma industries in this country collude big time with the regime. This is very well documented (see Dr Andrew Weil, Dr Joseph Mercola, Dr Bob Martin, etc, etc). Even RP has spoken out against big Pharma.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-21-2011 at 09:17 PM.

There is actually truth to that. The medical/pharma industries in this country collude big time with the regime. This is very well documented (see Dr Andrew Weil, Dr Joseph Mercola, Dr Bob Martin, etc, etc). Even RP has spoken out against big Pharma.
    It seems to me like Ron Paul's bill was written to prevent an unconstitutional overreach of the federal government.

The three doctors you mentioned each have their own lengthy page on www.quackwatch.org, so I'm a bit skeptical of your claim. See 1 2 and 3.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Rate View Post
    It seems to me like Ron Paul's bill was written to prevent an unconstitutional overreach of the federal government.

The three doctors you mentioned each have their own lengthy page on www.quackwatch.org, so I'm a bit skeptical of your claim. See 1 2 and 3.
    Do you seriously not believe that Corporate Pharma colludes with the regime?

Courtesy of Judicial Watch:

"Apr 24, 2008 | Parker Waichman Alonso LLP Merck Inc.'s efforts to make the controversial Gardasil vaccine mandatory for young girls has hit a roadblock in one state. In February, the Massachusetts State Senate sent a Gardasil bill “to study,” making it unlikely that a vote on the proposed legislation will occur in the 2008 legislative session.

Gardasil, approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006 is meant to protect against several forms of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) that cause cervical cancer. The vaccine has been much hyped, and Merck has waged an aggressive campaign to convince state legislatures to make it mandatory for girls before they are likely to become sexually active. Recently, 20 states pushed for federal mandates to make Gardasil mandatory for sixth grade girls."

Re-read that Ron Paul piece. He says "This bill forbids Federal funds from being used for any universal or mandatory mental-health screening of students without the express, written, voluntary, informed consent of their parents or legal guardians. This bill protects the fundamental right of parents to direct and control the upbringing and education of their children." This couldn't even be done without a corporate-state collusion. That threat of medical fascism is what necessitates RP's bill.