Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck Dream Ticket: Allen West/Michelle Bachmann w/ Ron Paul as Treasury Secretary

Thumbs down Glenn Beck Dream Ticket: Allen West/Michelle Bachmann w/ Ron Paul as Treasury Secretary

Glenn Beck must mean he's a "fiscal libertarian" because I don't see how anyone can seriously claim to be a libertarian and support West/Bachmann over Ron Paul:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck...mann-paul-and/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ughhh Glen... please stop talking...please

ok this is where we as Ron Paul supporters can react in 2 different ways
    1. We can whine and complain and get pissed at anyone that does not endorse Rp as Prez and give up at even trying to get those Beck listeners into our camp or
    2. Be happy a very popular guy like Beck wants our guy to be the sec of treasure and get those beck listeners to eventually come into our camp.

For us to have a shot at winning we have to adopt the second option.

Even the wrong ones want us running the treasury. Business-cycle carry traders and bond vigilantes, represent!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    ok this is where we as Ron Paul supporters can react in 2 different ways
    1. We can whine and complain and get pissed at anyone that does not endorse Rp as Prez and give up at even trying to get those Beck listeners into our camp or
    2. Be happy a very popular guy like Beck wants our guy to be the sec of treasure and get those beck listeners to eventually come into our camp.

For us to have a shot at winning we have to adopt the second option.
    Yes indeed. Was it not that long ago when no-one listened to Ron Paul and everyone thought that he was a "crank" etc. To be considered Treasury Secretary is surely quite a good thing and shows that your message has become far more mainstream.

And besides, I understand the appeal of Allen West. He's well-spoken and articulate, a serious fellow who generally has his heart in the right place.

glad to hear this so that people stop thinking Beck is anything other than a neo-con war monger.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

It's a much better image of Ron Paul now than Beck seemed to have of him in 2007.

While President Paul would be the ultimate prize, Ron Paul as Sec. Treas in any administration would be worth all the work his movement has done to date.

From his statement last night on Fox News it seems he will be running this time, but really if he doesn't win the Republican primary what better position to have him at?

Think about it, the power to audit Fort Knox... and the FED...,
    Last edited by WilliamC; 04-12-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Its Glenn Beck. Where is the unicorn for Sec. of Defense?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he wants West to prove he is not a racist, but West brings nothing unless the Dems nominate Hillary. treas sec is nothing, as the cabinet serves at the pleasure of the president, and Ron Paul would be terrible taking orders from a neo-con

best ticket: Paul/Judge Nap

West at def, Schiff at Treas, Amash at State, Kucinich at UN, McKinney as Ambassador to Palestine, Mitt at Trans, Palin at energy; Newt at Ed, Nap as concurrent Sec Homeland sec; Ryan at OMB, Sully at TSA....
    Last edited by cindy25; 04-12-2011 at 07:23 AM.

I'd like to see Judge Nap as Attorney General rather than VP.

If Ron Paul is the nominee he will have to get someone more mainstream in order to win, even if it is someone with wrong-headed foreign policy views like Gingrich or Palin.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 04-12-2011 at 07:38 AM.

What Beck is saying is that Ron Paul's level of libertarianism is too much...

Think about it, Beckers...

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Its Glenn Beck. Where is the unicorn for Sec. of Defense?
    Sorry, I don't understand the unicorn reference.

Ron Paul would have a great deal of power as Sec Treas in any administration.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand wrote kindly of West in his book if I'm correct. There is an excerpt in there about West citing the extreme inefficiency he witnessed in Afghanistan in terms of misutilizing military resources.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post

Don't get me wrong, I think Ron Paul would make a great treasury sec... But Vince Lombardi would have been a great linebackers coach... But do we want first round exits with good linebackers, or Super Bowl wins? Nolan Ryan would have been a great closing pitcher/relief pitcher... But do we want two/three great innings or a no-hitter?

Think of it this way, 3 years ago would someone like Glenn Beck even mention Ron Paul? Going as far as wanting him as the Sec. of the Treasury? We have made progress!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    Think of it this way, 3 years ago would someone like Glenn Beck even mention Ron Paul? Going as far as wanting him as the Sec. of the Treasury? We have made progress!
    Think about it. Would Hannity nominate Ron? Limbaugh? This is a big deal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    You think Ron Paul would be great at that position, just imagine who he'd pick... Progress is not destination...

The unicorn reference is crude humor directed toward mental illness. Blast me if you will.

Sure RP would make a great Sec Tres, but what a waste.

The intent of my original post is to point out the political arena is being influenced by people of diminished mental capacity; either delusional or just plain low IQ. As this country is being drug down by suicidal debt and war on a whim, should we be more selective in whom we take counsel?

In order to play professional football, you have to take a Wunderlic test so the employer can make a judgment on mental capacity. How well do you think Beck or Bachmann would do on that test?
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 04-12-2011 at 08:33 AM.

What you Libertarians fail to understand is that our founders wanted wars declared without congressional approval and the Patriot Act. That is why you fail to understand why people like Bachmann, West, and Perry are far more educated about the Constitution than people like Medina and Ron Paul.

Now, resume to your tin foil hat conspiracy theories!

Never trusted the shill since his fiasco with Medina.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

It's a much better image of Ron Paul now than Beck seemed to have of him in 2007.
    While President Paul would be the ultimate prize, Ron Paul as Sec. Treas in any administration would be worth all the work his movement has done to date.
    From his statement last night on Fox News it seems he will be running this time, but really if he doesn't win the Republican primary what better position to have him at?
    Think about it, the power to audit Fort Knox... and the FED...,
    I haven't researched it, but I think I can say with confidence that the Treasury Secretary can't do anything unless like that without permission. More likely is they would appoint him as Treasury Sec. so he resigns his congressional seat, then restrain him to the point he quits or is fired and is out of public office.

Like I've said before, if Paul manages to win the nomination, Pat Buchanan should be veep.
    Go Gophs! Go Twins! Go Vikes!

Don't Tread on Me

Ron would never do it, because he knows that no administration would let him do what he would want to do, or needs to be done, in that position. How could we afford to invade iran if ron paul treasury secretary stabilizes our monetary supply and quits printing money?

No he woukd not accept i think.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by payme_rick View Post
    You think Ron Paul would be great at that position, just imagine who he'd pick... Progress is not destination...
    And "Elections are short term efforts, revolutions are long term projects" - Ron Paul. If Ron Paul was treas. Sec, that would be a win for the liberty movement. Maybe not presidency but we would be moving in the right direction and I think RP would LOVE that role. This is just one of the talking heads "dream ticket" though. kind of like my "dream bracket" where I have Gonzaga winning the national championship.

I don't know why people are complaining about this. Yeah, it's not where we want to be, but it is a hell of a lot farther than we were. Glenn Beck basically just said "I like these guys, but we need someone like Ron Paul on the checkbook." We are getting closer and closer each day. Even at the very least, this bodes well for 2016.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how about nobody for any government office.... just an idea oh but if you do want a "leader" you can voluntarily enter into a contract with that person and leave everyone else out of it :x

While I like Buchanan I think that Paul would be forced to offer the VP spot to someone more mainstream, like Palin or Bachman.

But I would like to see Buchanan as Sec. of State.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I haven't researched it, but I think I can say with confidence that the Treasury Secretary can't do anything unless like that without permission. More likely is they would appoint him as Treasury Sec. so he resigns his congressional seat, then restrain him to the point he quits or is fired and is out of public office.
    I'd imagine that he could drag a lot of secrets and dirty dealings to light without having to ask permission because he would have the access to them for the first time.

And anyone who would appoint him to this position would know what they were getting into, so I think all sorts of audits would be going on.

Of course it will take an act of Congress to abolish the FED, but I think that even the FED could be reigned in with Paul as Sec Treas.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEngland View Post
    Yes indeed. Was it not that long ago when no-one listened to Ron Paul and everyone thought that he was a "crank" etc. To be considered Treasury Secretary is surely quite a good thing and shows that your message has become far more mainstream.

And besides, I understand the appeal of Allen West. He's well-spoken and articulate, a serious fellow who generally has his heart in the right place.
    Why I don't trust West and don't think his heart's in the right place:

While In The Army, West Performed Mock Execution On An Iraqi Detainee. As Slate reports, "Army investigators learned that West participated in the August 2003 forcible interrogation of an Iraqi police officer thought to be involved in a plot to assassinate him and other soldiers. In their report, the investigators found that West directed four enlisted soldiers and a female civilian interpreter to punch and kick the Iraqi detainee repeatedly in an attempt to get information. The investigation also found that West brandished his pistol during the interrogation and fired it near the detainee's head in a mock execution to scare the detainee into talking...Fourth Infantry Division commanding Gen. Raymond Odierno initially brought criminal charges against West, but a pretrial hearing officer recommended that those charges be dismissed. Instead, Odierno gave West an administrative punishment and fined him half a month's pay for two months, or about $5,000. In spring 2004, West retired from the Army." [Slate, accessed 5/20/10]

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why I don't trust West and don't think his heart's in the right place:
    I don't know. It's hard to judge a man before you walk in his shoes. Being in a situation where everywhere you turn, there could be an enemy waiting. That has to be extremely stressful. Furthermore, being responsible for your men's well-being is an incredible burden to bear everyday.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-12-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Even the wrong ones want us running the treasury. Business-cycle carry traders and bond vigilantes, represent!
    Do they want us to run the Treasury, or do they want to distract and divert us from running the Country?
    Last edited by 123tim; 04-12-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast