Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Technically, can a "Nobel peace prize" holder be tried for war crimes?

  1. #1
    Banned


    Blog Entries
    8
    Posts
    2,939
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Question Technically, can a "Nobel peace prize" holder be tried for war crimes?

    This is just a hypothetical question, can President of a country be tried for war crimes while holding nobel peace prize if there is evidence that repeated war crimes have been committed under his command?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    This is just a hypothetical question, can President of a country be tried for war crimes while holding nobel peace prize if there is evidence that repeated war crimes have been committed under his command?
    In theory? Yes.

    In practice? Lol.

    A Nobel peace prize affords a person no more legal protection than a "World's greatest dad" award does, in theory.
    Last edited by Kilrain; 04-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.

  4. #3

    Default

    The president of this country can't be tried, or even indicted unless and until he leaves office. And a Nobel Peace Prize is about as meaningful as a Grammy.
    'It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we "know" that ain't so.'--Will Rogers

    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The president of this country can't be tried, or even indicted unless and until he leaves office.
    Sure he can, just not in the US. Again, in theory.

  6. #5

    Default

    He won't be tried with or without it. However, it is irrelevant to the process, it is just a decoration some twits overseas wanted to award.

    Every president has pardoned the president before them for crimes. I can only think of one man who might be in the election this time who would not be likely to continue that trend, and he's amazingly popular on this forum.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-12-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear. -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  7. #6
    Banned


    Blog Entries
    8
    Posts
    2,939
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default

    Informative replies, thanks all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    Sure he can, just not in the US. Again, in theory.
    That does not seem fair if rumor is true that all men are created equal.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    Informative replies, thanks all.



    That does not seem fair if rumor is true that all men are created equal.
    Napoleon says: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He won't be tried with or without it. However, it is irrelevant to the process, it is just a decoration some twits overseas wanted to award.

    Every president has pardoned the president before them for crimes. I can only think of one man who might be in the election this time who would not be likely to continue that trend, and he's amazingly popular on this forum.
    Are you talking about me?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

  10. #9
    Banned


    Blog Entries
    8
    Posts
    2,939
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Napoleon says: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    Also informative.

    Bit off topic, this is going on under current President's command:


    LINK
    Last edited by doodle; 04-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.

  11. #10

    Default

    The Nobel, in this instance, is a get out of jail card that never expires.

  12. #11

    Default

    No, that's why they hurried up and gave it to him so that he'd have his 'Get outta Jail' card to do what he pleased. He has done a great job perpetuating the warfare/welfare State. Satan is proud.






Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •