Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a country song that I really, REALLY like - Country Boy by Aaron Lewis

Found a country song that I really, REALLY like - Country Boy by Aaron Lewis

I have this weird love/hate thing with country music, but when I find one I love, I usually really REALLY love it. One that falls into that category is "Country Boy" by Aaron Lewis:

And the raw link for the mobile platforms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The guy from Staind?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The guy from Staind?
    yes

aw dude, so Staind was just a farce?

George Jones shows up!

I knew I was at home last weekend when I was in a group of people where there was country music on the radio and we were debating whether we should go to Cracker Barrel or Chick-Fil-A to eat.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Easy choice if it was Sunday...
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Easy choice if it was Sunday...
    Saturday. It was mainly about whether we wanted to eat fast or sit down and enjoy our meal.
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Need to have him on-board for the Campaign.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    George Jones shows up!

I knew I was at home last weekend when I was in a group of people where there was country music on the radio and we were debating whether we should go to Cracker Barrel or Chick-Fil-A to eat.
    Chick-fil-A is the food of the gods.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

just too many stereotypes for me to enjoy the song... diesel truck... hank... jeans... tractor... a hank jr. reference... dirt road...

but coming from Lewis, I understand what he's trying to do here... just let everyone know that though he threw down some heavy music at times that he's not some LA freakshow and that in reality he's a country boy... I can respect that... esspecially the fact that the tractor is "orange" and he avoided the John Deere reference lol... I swear, most of the people I see around here sporting John Deere shirts, caps or bumper stickers have never been within five feet of one... unless it was a lawnmower ha...

Another one the things that made me realize I was at home is when a few of us asked to turn it up when this song came on the radio:

I wanted to live in rural Virginia from the first time I visited 5 years ago.

I like it.

Check this out, not country, but it is Waylon Jennings' son.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    George Jones shows up!

When we were growing up, the only fast food my mom would allow us to eat was an hour drive to Chick-Fil-A,because the owner was a Christian, of course

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    When we were growing up, the only fast food my mom would allow us to eat was an hour drive to Chick-Fil-A,because the owner was a Christian, of course
    In-N-Out Burger is owned by Christians as well. There are Bible verses on all their wrappers, cups, etc.

There is only one country song...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

holy crap that pic is funny. also i want that animal thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    good song
    also i want that animal thingy.

i have no idea what i am doing, i was trying to respond to the anarchy graffiti picture.

technology is my friend.......

technology is my friend........

technology is my friend....................
    Last edited by LauraB; 04-10-2011 at 09:48 PM.

This one song trumps all other country songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMx__6Zc3S0

I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I have never heard of Chick-fil-a before. I had to go and look it up ..

What an odd name for a restaurant.. My brain keeps reading it as "Chickfilla" ... Like in a ghetto slang for fill your chick up.

Same with In-N-Out Burger what a horrible name.. sounds like you eat it and be ready to be in the $#@!ter.

To the original topic ... Arron Lewis from staind is not country.

Another thought I had along the way... why does a place called popeye's sell chicken and not spinach?
    I mean isn't Popeye famous for eating spinach?
    Last edited by LibertyRevolution; 04-11-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    I have never heard of Chick-fil-a before. I had to go and look it up ..

What an odd name for a restaurant.. My brain keeps reading it as "Chickfilla" ... Like in a ghetto slang for fill your chick up.

Same with In-N-Out Burger what a horrible name.. sounds like you eat it and be ready to be in the $#@!ter.

To the original topic ... Arron Lewis from staind is not country.

Another thought I had along the way... why does a place called popeye's sell chicken and not spinach?
    I mean isn't Popeye famous for eating spinach?
    You're missing out. That's all I have to say.

Chick fil a is magnificent. Chicken fries, waffle fries, the best chicken sandwhiches ever, milkshakes.... too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is only one country song...

I have some albums....this guy has some raw songs....lol
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Chick fil a is magnificent. Chicken fries, waffle fries, the best chicken sandwhiches ever, milkshakes.... too good.
    They have excellent fries. I really miss them. We don't get good stuff like Chick-Fil-A, Dunkin Donuts, Whataburger, Shipley Donuts, Captain D's, or Sonics out here in California.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    They have excellent fries. I really miss them. We don't get good stuff like Chick-Fil-A, Dunkin Donuts, Whataburger, Shipley Donuts, Captain D's, or Sonics out here in California.
    Chick-Fil-A is in California. There are a few Sonics, as well.

I don't eat fast food though. Blech

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I've eaten at a Sonic in California that I used to live right by. I think Sonic is pretty good, but they're not my fave by any stretch.

I don't know of either a Sonics or Chick-Fil-A in the San Jose area at least. I was excited when they finally opened a Long John Silver's in Palo Alto. I love fast food. Not as much as real food, but once in a while I like to indulge. Plus it's cheap and it's dependable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast