Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Driver's License

Question about Driver's License

I got my new TN driver's license today and on it there is: DD followed by a 16 digit number. Does anyone know what DD stands for or what this might be? I tried google and couldn't find anything. Maybe i'm just bad at searching google. Do other states have this?
    the rEVOLution begins!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NH uses your initials and dob backwards for DL number.

It has the same driver's license number i've always had which is 9 digits but also has this new DD number that i've never seen before that has 16 digits
    the rEVOLution begins!

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    It has the same driver's license number i've always had which is 9 digits but also has this new DD number that i've never seen before that has 16 digits
    FEMA camp assignment number...

I'm only half kidding.

On the Ontario licenses:

I'm not the most technological person in this conversation, I'm quite sure. But, as I understand RFID, it is a physical chip that is obvious (gold, etc.) My new license does not have anything of the sort. It does however carry a second set of numbers that I am not sure of, called DD/REF and some pretty high tech security features.
    Interestingly, if you do a search for "DD" as an abbreviation, "Digital Data" is fairly high on the list.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    On the Ontario licenses:

Interestingly, if you do a search for "DD" as an abbreviation, "Digital Data" is fairly high on the list.
    that is interesting.

bump.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Only question I have; Does it have an RFID Microchip in it?

(Real ID)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

(Real ID)
    You ask too many questions, guards take the mundane away...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

(Real ID)
    i am also wondering that
    the rEVOLution begins!

heres a sample picture of the license from TN DMV:

notice no arrows pointing to and explaining the DD Number
    the rEVOLution begins!

According to the internets, some people think it stands for Defensive Driving and is a number to prove that you took the course.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    According to the internets, some people think it stands for Defensive Driving and is a number to prove that you took the course.
    Also according to the internets, many people who're seeing it on there didn't take Defensive Driving courses
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Also according to the internets, many people who're seeing it on there didn't take Defensive Driving courses
    Good point, didn't read far enough before posting. Funny thing is that it looks like many (all?) states are putting it on their licenses and yet there seems to be no official explanation.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

The example in an earlier post on the thread would be more revealing if the numbers and letters actually corresponded (ie - the "DD" number is just your DL and DOB scrambled together randomly, or something, to generate a reference number unique to your license). It's all very strange because you'd think your DL is already a unique reference number, and that anyone copying a license would easily be able to copy the reference number as well.

*shrugs* It's not on mine.

it's probably just some number representing an 'account' they have for you on file. for all we know it means 'driver document' followed by the 'number' associated to the account. i think this is much more likely. a cop could just enter the number in his system to pull up all relevant dmv info on you.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    it's probably just some number representing an 'account' they have for you on file. for all we know it means 'driver document' followed by the 'number' associated to the account. i think this is much more likely. a cop could just enter the number in his system to pull up all relevant dmv info on you.
    why wouldn't they just use the DL number they have already given. it's much shorter. or one of the two barcodes on the back
    Last edited by garyallen59; 04-09-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    the rEVOLution begins!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got my new TN driver's license today and on it there is: DD followed by a 16 digit number. Does anyone know what DD stands for or what this might be? I tried google and couldn't find anything. Maybe i'm just bad at searching google. Do other states have this?

Have you tried calling the DMV and asking?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    it's saturday so there not open. i received my license today thru mail renewal. but planned on calling monday if no one here figured it out.
    the rEVOLution begins!

It could be the numbers represented by one of the barcodes on the back. In case you draw a line through the barcode.

bump for sunday morning bunch
    the rEVOLution begins!

Quote Originally Posted by jp5065 View Post
    It could be the numbers represented by one of the barcodes on the back. In case you draw a line through the barcode...
    ...and/or scramble the strip with a magnet.

I smell a federal database. That said, DD could also stand for Driver's (as opposed to ID card) Class D.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

So, does it have an RFID Chip in it?

(Bump...)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

darn! my Texas license has one, too! it's at the bottom so I never noticed it until now after you mentioned yours.

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

National ID seems to be the answer

looks like this is the answer:

http://www.articlesbase.com/security...m-2097047.html

National Id Validation (Security) System
    Posted: Apr 04, 2010 |Comments: 2 | Views: 787 |

National ID

National ID means National Identification of a citizen of a country which is denoted by a unique number. National ID or National Identification Number is vastly important for a country's citizens. There are two types of National ID. One for the permanent citizen and the other is for the temporary citizen who is living as a guest in the country.

There are so many countries that use national ID for their citizens. The government creates the National ID for the purpose of taxation, passport, for the government agencies and so on.

Bangladesh has a National ID for its citizens. The Bangladesh Election Commission (BEC) was responsible for creating National IDs for the country. The Bangladesh Election Commission, in partnership with the Bangladesh Army, established the Bangladesh Voter Registration Project to digitally register all legal Voters in the country in advance of general elections in December 2008. The biometric registration of voters which began in early 2007 resulted in a database that included photographic and fingerprint records for 80 million voters. BEC mainly created a voter registration ID for the purpose of voting because they faced many difficulties in the previous years during voting periods. They also created a database for the people of 18 years and above. The database contains several information of a citizen of Bangladesh such as name, father's name, mother's name, husband's name (in case of married women), address, birth date and so on. With this information they created a Voter registration ID which was called National ID.

Structure of the ID

Our National ID number contains 13 digits. The structure is "DDRTTUUSSSSSS". The 1st two digits "DD" for District code of the ID holder, next one digit "R" for R.M.O code, the next two digits "TT" for Thana code, next two "UU" are for Union code and the last "SSSSSS" six digits are a sequential number for each citizen of the country. The figure shown below shows the structure of the National ID of Bangladesh which has been created by BEC (Bangladesh Election Commission).

Here, DD = Code for district

R= code for R.M.O

TT = code for Thana

UU = code for Union

SSSSSS = a serial number for the card holder

Some examples of National ID of Bangladesh are given below:

In this example the 1st two digits are district code which is the code of district Jamalpur. Next one digit for R.M.O and the next two digits for Thana Deoangonj, next two are for Union and the last six digits is a serial number. That means the next number is 3921507785194 for same district, same R.M.O, same Thana, same union.

It is another example of National ID structure. We can see that the number holder is citizen of Dhaka, and the location is in keranigonj thana, subadda union and the serial number is "365057". So it is clear that "26" is the code of Dhaka district, "1" for R.M.O which name is south keranigong, "38" for thana keranigong and "69" is for the union subadda.

Purpose of National ID

The National ID holds a great advantage for the citizen of any country Illegal people cannot stay in a country without permission of the government of that country. National ID can be used for the purpose of citizenship , permanent residents ,work, taxation, government benefits, health care and other government-related functions. Our National ID is appeared on an identity card issued by the Election Commission.

Although there was a policy adopted that the ID would be used in opening Bank Accounts and the ID card holder would get 22 additional benefits .Meanwhile our National ID is mainly used for the purpose of voting. Still now there is beneficial use of the National ID.

Our National ID system

There is some limitation in our National ID. The main limitation is the ID is the structure of the ID. No system for ID validation and verification. An individual can easily make an illegal ID. Recent newspaper reports show that how easily one can get a fake ID.
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    videos:
    video:

it's saturday so there not open. i received my license today thru mail renewal. but planned on calling monday if no one here figured it out.
    Bump!

So, did you get the chance to call the DMV? What's the final word on this?

Bump!

So, did you get the chance to call the DMV? What's the final word on this?
    I'm curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
    looks like this is the answer:

http://www.articlesbase.com/security...m-2097047.html

National Id Validation (Security) System
    Posted: Apr 04, 2010 |Comments: 2 | Views: 787 |
    That's probably it. It would explain why NH licenses don't have it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Not to be picky, but the explanation posted by lynnf doesn't match the description given by garyallen:

I got my new TN driver's license today and on it there is: DD followed by a 16 digit number.
    (emphasis added)

In lynnf's description, the code is only thirteen digits, NOT sixteen. In addition, the "National ID number" in lynnf's description is actually represented in final form by all thirteen digits being, well, digits. Garyallen stated that there was actually a "DD" in front of a sixteen digit number...

At any rate, I would be interested in the Tennessee DMV's explanation, so I hope we get a solid follow-up post by the OP.

Not to be picky, but the explanation posted by lynnf doesn't match the description given by garyallen:

(emphasis added)

In lynnf's description, the code is only thirteen digits, NOT sixteen. In addition, the "National ID number" in lynnf's description is actually represented in final form by all thirteen digits being, well, digits. Garyallen stated that there was actually a "DD" in front of a sixteen digit number...

At any rate, I would be interested in the Tennessee DMV's explanation, so I hope we get a solid follow-up post by the OP.
    I didn't represent that it was an exact match: note that the section refers to itself as the implementation of Bangladesh's national ID. So what if the US uses 16 digits? The DD usage is too much to be a coincidence.
    videos:
    video:

Sounds like a testbed for REAL ID.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast