Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative

Constitution Party, Libertarian Party, Tea Party Alliance - TRUE Third Party Initiative

Who here supports the idea of these three groups opening up a dialog about creating a Real Third Party to challenge (and beat) the Republican / Democrat political Establishment?

Right now, the Constitution Party and Libertarian Party are a joke in terms of political power.

That's all I ask for, just open up a dialog about the idea.

Contact the Constitution Party!
    contact@constitutionparty.com

Contact the Libertarian Party!
    chair@lp.org
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-04-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You stole my idea.

I've got friends in the copyright office that will be contacting you. /sarcasm
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

the Tea Party Alliance can pull at TEA PARTY EXPRESS people?
    the Libertarian Party is able to pull at INDEPENDENT VOTERs...??
    the Constitution Party pulls in MANY of the Au~H2O people...???

if a 3rd party candidate is viewed as viable 2-3 weeks before election day they have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    if a 3rd party candidate is viewed as viable 2-3 weeks before election day they have a chance.
    Third Parties will not win the election with 4% of the vote.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Third Parties will not win the election with 4% of the vote.
    Third parties NEED to be able to get into the debates & on the ballots;which is why i keep posting this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election!-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rd-party/page2

No one appears to be listening though
    Last edited by s35wf; 04-09-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s35wf View Post
    Third parties NEED to be able to get into the debates & on the ballots;which is why i keep posting this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...cal-Elect-quot

No one appears to be listening though
    Third parties NEED to form a Coalition, otherwise, they're just wasting everyone's time and money.
    ----

Even with a coalition, there would need to be state-by-state legislative reform to make a third party win possible, no matter how much money or even public support the party might have. It just isn't viable as a 2012 thing.

To look at an idea like this realistically, there would need to be a push for legislative reform with each state having a unique bill to overcome the unfair rules that either fail to recognize a third party or afford special privileges to a major party. Then there would have to be such a powerful public push that both parties break from their caucuses and vote to make sure they have a viable third opponent to their next election. It just is a really hard thing to convince them to do, and that's why it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by BarryDonegan; 04-09-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    Even with a coalition, there would need to be state-by-state legislative reform to make a third party win possible, no matter how much money or even public support the party might have. It just isn't viable as a 2012 thing.
    I just want to get the ball rolling.

I highly doubt the CP, LP, and TP could hammer out a solid alliance by 2012.
    ----

I think this is super important, even if they don't stand a chance of winning. It begins the dialogue of third parties against the Big Two. Just like the dialogue is starting now of legitimate government cuts. Even if it fails, it begins conversation more than we've ever seen.

Such a party would simply take away votes from the Republican Party. They still wouldn't ever win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post

To look at an idea like this realistically, there would need to be a push for legislative reform with each state having a unique bill to overcome the unfair rules that either fail to recognize a third party or afford special privileges to a major party. Then there would have to be such a powerful public push that both parties break from their caucuses and vote to make sure they have a viable third opponent to their next election. It just is a really hard thing to convince them to do, and that's why it doesn't happen.

Ummmm Isnt this what i've been telling you guys is CURRENTLY HAPPENING with this PETITION CAMPAIGN!!! HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE ACTUALLY LISTENING????

"
    We NEED ALL of US to not only campaign for Ron to get him thru the primaries as a Republican, but also AT the SAME Time, We ALL Need to become active in this so that we are prepared in advance for what they've done to us in their two party "system" So when that day comes WE HAVE A SAY in getting "someone" decent be it Ron or ________. To be in debates as a Independent:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286013-Petition-Campaign-for-2012-Election!-What-do-you-think-about-quot-Americal-Elect-quot

Starting in CA, then from what I've been informed will spread nationally! Told the FL (miami/dade county) area will be opening up end of May. FL (orlando/central FL area, probably May/June).

Need to follow progress from this in ALL States & become active in it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Such a party would simply take away votes from the Republican Party. They still wouldn't ever win anything.
    This^^ The establishment in both major parties and their assorted cronies have nothing to gain from allowing competition. Thus, it will never happen. Focus on local victories and pushing back against the fascists at the national level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

In the 2008 Presidential general election, the Libertarian and Constitution parties' nominees combined for 0.55% of the popular vote. So they would appear to be insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    In the 2008 Presidential general election, the Libertarian and Constitution parties' nominees combined for 0.55% of the popular vote. So they would appear to be insignificant.
    No strategically minded person will vote for a small third party because it's a logical impossibility to win.
    ----

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We'd have to buy a major network in order to jumpstart a third party. A third party will simply be blacked out in terms of media exposure.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    We'd have to buy a major network in order to jumpstart a third party. A third party will simply be blacked out in terms of media exposure.
    No doubt. However, if we did buy a major network, the other networks would run a major smear campaigns against it by saying the Radical Right Extremists have hijacked the XYZ Network.

The Council on Foreign Relations has a tight grip on the News outlets.

----

No strategically minded person will vote for a small third party because it's a logical impossibility to win.
    If their strategy is to grow the party or vote their conscience they would. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 as an official write in candidate on the California ballot. I think the Tea Party and Ron Paul supporters might combine for a viable 3rd Party. My point was only that I don't know that getting Libertarian Party voters and Constitution Party voters on board would help significantly.

As a parallel effort to retaking the leadership of the GOP from neoconservatives and liberals, this idea is probably worth pursuing. Personally, I'm in favor of any initiative that involves surrounding our enemies.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 04-09-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    And what has the Republican Party done differently than the Democratic Party? They talk like libertarians but govern like Democrats. This latest budget flop proves it. $33 billion is hardly anything to brag about. Republicans will just socialize us a little slower than the Democrats. The word "conservative" means to conserve the status quo, and that is pretty much what the Republicans are about, maintaining our corporatist/fascist government.

I say YES, open up a dialog with the CP, LP and any other libertarian leaning parties. I have no confidence in the Establishment controlled Republican Party. We need a truly independent party, the Establishment fears that for a good reason. They want us to support their Republican Party.

And if a third party fails, well at least we tried something different. But if it succeeds...
    --------------------------------------------
    First step to ending the income tax: end payroll tax withholding.
    Require each American to write a check to their state and federal governments every month.

Ideological purity has kept the Constitution and Libertarian parties apart and will continue to do so. No way will they be able to paper over their differences on abortion and illegal immigration.

This is just a bad idea. Compromising at this point just cant be the answer when its been the problem all this time. At this point with the way the laws are you can run and win as a dem or rep but nothing more. If all those three now got together and took over the republican party or the democrats i guess they could argue over who gets what after they kicked the zombies out.

Thats actually happening now at least in my neck of the woods. The local party has been taken in this county and most of the other ones.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

The only way we can create a true third party large enough to be a force is by forging an alliance with the Left.

This means a Libertarian/Progressive alliance.

However, this would mean compromise. Libertarians would have to give up their goal of slashing domestic spending, and Progressives would have to give up their goal of raising taxes and increasing regulations.

I have no problem with an administration that achieves nothing but a foreign policy of free trade and nonintervention, tax cuts, repealing excess regulations, and returning to a true gold standard. All of these things can be accomodated by the Left if it includes something like instituting free college tuition for all citizens and free healthcare insurance for all, regardless of preexisting conditions.

A Paul/Nader alliance would be something very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post
    I have no problem with an administration that achieves nothing but a foreign policy of free trade and nonintervention, tax cuts, repealing excess regulations, and returning to a true gold standard. All of these things can be accomodated by the Left if it includes something like instituting free college tuition for all citizens and free healthcare insurance for all, regardless of preexisting conditions.
    I don't think completely destroying America's health care system is something we should accept as a condition to cut interventionism. What you're proposing is worse than the status quo.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    I don't think completely destroying America's health care system is something we should accept as a condition to cut interventionism. What you're proposing is worse than the status quo.
    I'm not endorsing any of that. I want a completely free market in healthcare. But that tidbit is what the compromise would entail IF you want to see taxes cut, Fed audited and abolished, wars and military intervention ended, PATRIOT Act repealed, drug wars ended, and sound money restored.

Thereafter, in order to cover all Americans with healthcare insurance and free college education, we all pay 5%, 15%, or 25% progressive income tax. I want to see all taxes abolished, but for what we're getting in return, that's a pretty amazing deal.

I think the LP would find itself the red headed stepchild of such an alliance. I could see the CP and the Tea Party getting along just fine. A few LP remarks about abortion or some of the more militant atheists and I bet 90%+ of the CP and the current Tea Party would want nothing to do with them.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Donkelephants Exposed

Who here supports the idea of these three groups opening up a dialog about creating a Real Third Party to challenge (and beat) the Republican / Democrat political Establishment?

Right now, the Constitution Party and Libertarian Party are a joke in terms of political power.

That's all I ask for, just open up a dialog about the idea.
    This is just a reminder to those who believe third parties are irrelevant to our political process:

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

The GOP would have to nominate someone that pisses off the Tea Party so much (**cough*romney**cough*cough**) that they'd split off on their own and at this point we'd jump in and try to steer them our way. We'd actually be better off if the GOP nominated Romney than someone like Palin or Bachmann who would keep the tea party glued to the GOP. Nominate Romney who would pretty much alienate the base and the entire South and all bets are off as to what the Tea Party would do.
    Go Gophs! Go Twins! Go Vikes!

Don't Tread on Me

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    This is just a reminder to those who believe third parties are irrelevant to our political process:

I love the video. Its true in its way i just don't see the vast majority of people ever voting for anyone other then one of the 2 partys. The TV said thats throwing away a vote. You don't think they will argue with the TV do you?
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    I love the video. Its true in its way i just don't see the vast majority of people ever voting for anyone other then one of the 2 partys. The TV said thats throwing away a vote. You don't think they will argue with the TV do you?

Professor Carroll Quigley explains why United States Policy doesn't change:

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.

- Professor Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (1966), p. 1247-1248
    ----

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast