Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: 12 million this quarter??

  1. #1

    12 million this quarter??

    How much will 12 million really help this campaign? What will the media say about it if anything? Do ron paul's chances go up alot?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    The media will $#@! the proverbial brick! IT will give him enough money to campaign hard, not only in the early primary states but will give him legs to fight through super tuesday and beyond. He can actually spend money on states like California where his ideas will be very well received. Along with increase in polls, like 7.4% in NH and rising, he will become undeniably a first tier candidate and they will begin to treat him as such.
    Next Moneybomb:
    Constitution Day Moneybomb, Sep 17th!

    Moneybomb Calendar:
    Sept. 17th - Constitution Day Moneybomb
    Oct. 19th -
    Black THIS Out!! Moneybomb
    Nov 11th - Veterans Day Moneybomb
    Dec 16th - Tea Party Moneybomb

  4. #3
    First of all, Welcome to the Forums Mr. Chicken!

    To answer your question, YES! $12 million will help tremendously! That puts us up in the top tier candidate fundraising. You better believe they'll say a lot about it! Just think how much press we got for $5 million! If we reach the goal it will definitely put us ahead of McCain in donations. Thompson, Romney, and Giuliani's max donors are already tapped! Then you figure in all of the advertising we can do with all this money and his chances go up by leaps and bounds! If we can get up to $3 million by the end of this quarter we should be in pretty good shape.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmedlin View Post
    The media will $#@! the proverbial brick! IT will give him enough money to campaign hard, not only in the early primary states but will give him legs to fight through super tuesday and beyond. He can actually spend money on states like California where his ideas will be very well received. Along with increase in polls, like 7.4% in NH and rising, he will become undeniably a first tier candidate and they will begin to treat him as such.

    What HE said.

  6. #5
    i dont see how they could ignore it.

    i'm really hoping we win new hampshire. that's my biggest concern. if we get new hampshire then everything can fall into place.
    "There is no such thing as society: there are individual men and women, and there are families." --Margaret Thatcher

    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."--Margaret Thatcher

  7. #6
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????

    Is it to do with the poll numbers?
    "Not everybody will take care of themselves like they should. Not everybody will be responsible. But when we allow people to become more creative, then we understand the real true purpose in life is to strive for virtue and excellence. We can't do that with government bearing down on us every single day." - Ron Paul

  8. #7
    The fundraising totals will not mean too much as far as media goes. The anouncment for the totals wont come until around january 10th, which is after several primaries already happened. By that time, if Paul did not do well in the early primaries, no media covereage will help him.

    That doesnt mean the money isnt important though. The money is very important.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????

    Is it to do with the poll numbers?
    No it is because they dont wan't an anti-empire candidate to win.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    yes, it's all about poll numbers. Plus, there's a Huckabee push going on right now. Hell, Gail Collins wrote an editorial about how great he is in the NYT this morning. GAIL COLLINS!

    He's a dark horse that the media "gets," i.e. he wants to use the power of government to impress his will upon the people. He's not an alien like Ron Paul.

    12 million dollars would destroy any doubts about whether or not he's a mainstream candidate. That would be on par with Giuliani, who has already more or less saturated the market for 2,300 dollar donations.

  12. #10
    My thoughts...

    I think that meeting....and exceeding the 12 million goal will speak volumes about the strength of this campaign, especially given that the MSN anointed front runners have a downward spiral in terms of fund raising, while the campaign of Dr. Paul is on an upward trajectory, having doubled the amount raised with each successive quarter.

    Further, 12 million is what the campaign said is needed to mount a serious national campaign for the nomination. Expenses abound from office rental, travel expenses, broadcast advertisements, print media advertisements and so on and to mount a serious campaign money is needed, and the 12 million dollar number is what the management of Dr. Paul estimated is needed.

    I do believe we will meet...and exceed the 12 million goal by 31 December.
    I believe the 5th of November will be a 1.5 million dollar day.
    And I believe this Revolution is for real!

  13. #11
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????
    Because he's TPTB flavor du jour. They're giving him a try since Freddie bombed.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    The fundraising totals will not mean too much as far as media goes. The anouncment for the totals wont come until around january 10th, which is after several primaries already happened. By that time, if Paul did not do well in the early primaries, no media covereage will help him.

    That doesnt mean the money isnt important though. The money is very important.
    No. We're running a live total, remember? So we'll pretty much know by the end of December how much he's raised and that word will get out! Just in time for the Iowa caucus on January 3rd!
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    No. We're running a live total, remember? So we'll pretty much know by the end of December how much he's raised and that word will get out! Just in time for the Iowa caucus on January 3rd!
    Yea, but the media wont have any candidates to compare our numbers with until after january, so there is no reason to assume our fundraising will get much coverage before then. Lets hope I am wrong though.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????

    Is it to do with the poll numbers?
    I think they view Ron Paul as too "out there" to have a chance. Personally it was my biggest thing against him when I first considered donating. In fact he does seeem to have different views than other politicians and a lot of people will hate him for it. But the REASON he has these views that are so different is because he does not let public opinion, special interests, or MSM tell him what to think. He is a real philosopher with books published. Perhaps any philosopher with books published would appear to have some extreme views if they actually went on stage and supported them without compromise. In fact the only "extreme" thing he has said is getting rid of the IRS and reppealing its underlying amendment, but in fact there is enough reasonable reasons against it (our founding fathers wouldn't have wanted it) and enough realistic evidence it could be done (if you look at the data there really is at least some solid ground for that goal being realistic) that it isn't really as extreme as people first think. We started off with low and commercially centered taxes, therefore it isn't that extreme to roll back to that idea.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????

    Is it to do with the poll numbers?
    While you are partially corrrect ... I disagree with the extent to which you claim the media is controlled. I to agree that the very inner circle media elite actually influnce their content to get a desired result. However, most journalist are not directly trying to rig anything. They are simply following protocal. They sincerly believe in the polls (as the polls are historically fairly decent at predicting elections when name recognition is saturated). My point is that for us to get more coverage, we have to either 1) get the phone poll numbers up or 2) win New Hampshire.

  18. #16
    Umm...it's not like he'll have $12 million in January to start spending on advertising.

    It means he'll have $12 million raised between now and January which he will be able to spend between now and then.

    That means a lot of advertising.

    The media part of it is minor compared to the help it gives the campaign.

    I predict that only Mitt Romney will have more money than Ron Paul at the end of the quarter if he can get $12 million (And Mitt will only have that much because of his deep pockets). The other candidates are on a downward path as far as fundraising goes.

    By then, it'll be about primary wins rather than money. But those donations help the campaign NOW.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by philgest View Post

    I do believe we will meet...and exceed the 12 million goal by 31 December.
    I believe the 5th of November will be a 1.5 million dollar day.
    And I believe this Revolution is for real!
    I agree!! And I've been adding http://www.thisnovember5th.com/ to the bottom of messages I am sending for the MySpace friends of Ron Paul drive. I am amazed at the number who respond saying they will give each month AND the 5th of November- one said $1000. Since Ron Paul said "why would anyone object if people want to give on one day?" on the Adam Curry podcast yesterday I have resumed promoting it. Already 9,000 pledges and I suspect a huge number more on the side waiting but not pledging. Nov 5th should blow $2 million easily in a day maybe a lot more. So $12 million looks very doable!

  21. #18
    The media and DC political insiders look at money. They are very jaded.

    Right now some may look at Ron Paul and say maybe he can win one or two states but can Ron Paul win ten in a row in the later primaries. Is he a national presence?


    Ron Paul has the best national grassroots, although they can still be greatly improved, but he also needs the money.

    That is why Ron Paul needs to raise money in the eight figures or over ten million to combat that skepticism.

    Ron Paul is on a great upward trajectory unlike the other candidates.

  22. #19


    With supporters like Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing, we'll definitely make $12 million!
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

  23. #20

  24. #21
    is that THE Patrick Ewing??

  25. #22
    The MSM only responds to two things when deciding to give a candidate attention:

    1) Poll numbers
    2) Financial numbers

    Ron's financial numbers are better than his poll numbers at this point, although the poll numbers are going up. Ron's Q2 number generated some buzz. The Q3 number generated ALOT of buzz. A Q4 number of $12M or more will generate a DEAFENING buzz.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by nbhadja View Post
    is that THE Patrick Ewing??
    It's gotta be! How many other Patrick Ewing's are there? Him and his son, Patrick Ewing Jr. How many others could there be? There he is, in the left hand column about 6 rows down on chowda's donation list! A real live Hall of Famer! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

    http://ronpaulgraphs.com/donor_names.html

    Edit: I got carried away on the hall of famer. He will be eligible next year though! Even better! He can bring up Dr. Paul at his induction ceremony!
    Last edited by Ron Paul Fan; 10-25-2007 at 11:27 AM.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    It's gotta be! How many other Patrick Ewing's are there? Him and his son, Patrick Ewing Jr. How many others could there be? There he is, in the left hand column about 6 rows down on chowda's donation list! A real live Hall of Famer! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

    http://ronpaulgraphs.com/donor_names.html

    Edit: I got carried away on the hall of famer. He will be eligible next year though! Even better! He can bring up Dr. Paul at his induction ceremony!
    It could be this guy http://web.meetup.com/54/members/3848070/



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    As of right now, there has been only $12K donated today. What's up with that? I've never seen donations so low. Aside from the huge amount the campaign added in yesterday, the online donations were horrible yesterday too.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CavortingChicken View Post
    How much will 12 million really help this campaign? What will the media say about it if anything? Do ron paul's chances go up alot?
    The simple fact is that it doesn't really matter what the media says about it, if Ron Paul doesn't get 12 million from us he really wont have a chance to win a national campaign. He's probably going to spend an average of 2.5 million a month starting with October, and he needs money in the bank to last until the end.

  31. #27
    12 million will make him the largest fundraiser for the Republicans in the 4th quarter. Rudolph, Willard Mitt and Freddie will all bring in less than 12 million. If Ronald can out raise them in the 4th he is well on his way because the other campaigns will be broke.

    I've notice that Paul has basically spent what he raised the previous quarter. Someone can go back and check but (of the top of my head) in the second quarter he spent about 700k raised 2.3, 3Q spent about 2.3, raised 5.1. I would expect he will spend about 5.1 this quarter leaving 12 million cash on hand in January. That will be more cash than any other candidate.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by pengieh View Post
    What a bastard. That guy really needs to change his name because he got all of us in a frenzy about this! He could have at least warned us before hand! It's great that he donated, but he's no Patrick Ewing. Well, I guess technically he is. But he's not the Patrick Ewing!
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    The fundraising totals will not mean too much as far as media goes. The anouncment for the totals wont come until around january 10th, which is after several primaries already happened. By that time, if Paul did not do well in the early primaries, no media covereage will help him.

    That doesnt mean the money isnt important though. The money is very important.
    Ron Paul has taken control of the process by publishing it on his site. Ron Paul can be getting hyped for his fund-raising throughout this quarter.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    I try not to be a conspriacy theorist but if the mainstream media is expected to respond to fundraising then why do they keep pushing huckabee as 'top-tier' and talking about him way more than Ron Paul when paul raised 5x his amount last quarter????

    Is it to do with the poll numbers?
    I think they are building up Huckabee some intentionally to take attention/votes away from Ron Paul. Someone who votes for Huckabee is likely to vote Republican in the general election after their guy doesn't win in the primaries. They know we aren't going to do that.

    It costs nothing for them to build up Huckabee some, because they know he doesn't have the funding to actually win.

    At least, that's my take on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Rand Paul Raises 2.7 Million in Third Quarter; Conway 1.7 Million
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 06:45 PM
  2. 73,000 away from 5 million this Quarter
    By amistybleu in forum 51st Anniversary Mass Donation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
  3. $20 Million Quarter Possible??
    By dt_ in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:00 PM
  4. 5 Million+ for 3rd QUARTER!!!!
    By Thomas_Paine in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
  5. 10 Million this quarter, and this is how we do it!
    By mavtek in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •