Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HuffPo: Rand Paul "impressed" and "wowed" Iowa Republicans

HuffPo: Rand Paul "impressed" and "wowed" Iowa Republicans

Rand Paul Impresses Iowa Republicans In Trip To Explore 2012 Presidential Run
    by Jon Ward
    Huffington Post

WASHINGTON –- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) impressed Iowa Republicans during his trip to the Hawkeye state over the weekend, sources in the state said.

In meetings with state GOP figures, they said, the freshman senator showed a level of knowledge and interest in policy and in the political process that wowed the other attendees.

“It was more centered on policy than any of the other meetings between the governor and other would-be 2012 prospects,” said a source with knowledge of Paul’s meeting with Gov. Terry Branstad (R).

“I didn't get a sense of posturing by Rand like maybe any of the others,” the source said. “It was a high quality meeting. Interesting, since he's been the ‘rookie’ of the 2012-ers. He handled himself surprisingly well.”
    Read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_844649.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Smiles all around

You can sense their fear in the comments.

I like Rand's unique ability to piss people on the left off so effortlessly and elegantly.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 04-04-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    I like Rand's unique ability to piss people on the left off so effortlessly and elegantly.
    It's uncanny. I think it is because they secretly like what he says; but know they aren't supposed to like it.

Big smiles all around... for sure.
    Nice work everybody that worked to get Rand elected to the Senate! Nice work indeed!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

good article. it's always painful reading comments though on HuffPo, Daily Kos, Washington Post etc. when the name Rand Paul is mentioned...it really is funny

on a side note: LOL, is notrightorleft someone here?

to say Rand Paul is solid.. well ...that would be the king of understatements.

I continue to be thoroughly impressed.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, I have to wonder if I ever ran into a HuffPo commenter on the street. They're so devoid of any independent thought.

"Well, I guess they're easily impressed! Hurr Hurr!"

90% of the comments are that. No actual criticism of substance, except one guy who throws in the Medicare thing with no explanation even though if Rand turned away Medicare patients, he'd then attack him for throwing old people out on the street.

Rand is a political monster at the very least..he may very well be "The One".
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Just commented:

I love reading these comments. You can tell these liberals here are nervous! You must be really on to something, Rand. (They know deep down that you are the only one who would ever do anything to prevent unconstitu*tional war and defend privacy.)

I'd be very interested in seeing some polls with him in the mix, has there been any or is the talk too recent?

Most politicians are such tools. That's one reason our guys seem so brilliant. If something comes up, they just 'act', they don't have to find out what they are supposed to think.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The raging comments are pretty fun to read
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    Rand is a political monster at the very least..he may very well be "The One".
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...244955-The-One

Look at the comment section, makes me cringe.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The comments have no substance. It sounds like they are just flailing away like little children mad at their daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    The comments have no substance. It sounds like they are just flailing away like little children mad at their daddy.
    I'm telling you, that is how we know we have a winner on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm telling you, that is how we know we have a winner on our hands.
    Ohhhhh yeah

Senator Paul once told me I had great vision.

Granted he's my eye doctor.

He is a natural lol

i do not see him pissing off the anti-war left just the left wing of the gop establishment aka biggovrepublicans!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    i do not see him pissing off the anti-war left just the left wing of the gop establishment aka biggovrepublicans!!
    That is because there is no anti-war left.

That is because there is no anti-war left.
    Ah, but there is. They have 'grassroots', too, though they all want to be turned into 'astroturf'. Only problem is, the antiwar left hasn't been 'on message' since the election ended. Poor used and abused liberals.

And, no, that portion of the biggovmanylittlewarsrepublicans who call themselves Democrats and depend on those particular voters really, really, really hate us because we live their talking points and they naturally suffer in the comparison.

Well, what can we say? Nothing. Just this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ah, but there is. They have 'grassroots', too, though they all want to be turned into 'astroturf'. Only problem is, the antiwar left hasn't been 'on message' since the election ended. Poor used and abused liberals.

And, no, that portion of the biggovmanylittlewarsrepublicans who call themselves Democrats and depend on those particular voters really, really, really hate us because we live their talking points and they naturally suffer in the comparison.

Well, what can we say? Nothing. Just this:
    That sure was a whole lot of words just to agree with me.

That sure was a whole lot of words just to agree with me.
    I sincerely hope it was 'clarification' and not 'obfuscation'.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Huffpost super user:
    A demagogue practicing demagoguery... rather that what he should be: a dentist practicing dentistry.
    Same guy responding to comment about letting Rand put his hands in his mouth:
    Certainly not... but, he is from West Virginia and from what I've seen in my visits there (two trips on a family vacation) he IS needed.
    Same guy responding to being corrected:
    You're right... ophthalmologist it is. I can see where he is a little weasely to be a dentist. Thanks... fanned for taking the time to help me see my error.
    Seriously....? retarded..... They supposedly know all about him, but don't.

You can lead a horse's ass to the opthamologist but you can't make him put his glasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You can lead a horse's ass to the opthamologist but you can't make him put his glasses on.
    HeHe.

Rand has an eloquent way of communicating and reaching establishment R's and turning them onto liberty before they even know it.

Rand 2016

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Based on those outrageous comments, I have come to the conclusion that the white liberal is the most repulsive creature on the planet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast