Thread: "Stossel" episode filmed at 2011 International Students for Liberty Conference

"Stossel" episode filmed at 2011 International Students for Liberty Conference

Tonight, the episode of "Stossel" that was filmed at the 2011 International Students for Liberty Conference in Washington, DC airs tonight.

Tune in on Thursday, March 31st at 10pm and 1am ET to show your support for the student liberty movement! This is our big chance to show a wide audience that students are serious about individual, economic, and academic freedom.

Talk About It Online! Share your thoughts during the show by mentioning @SFLiberty and @FBNStossel on twitter with the hashtag #2011ISFLC.
    I'm excited to watch!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I'm in love with that girl who just asked about the austrian theory of the business cycle

Hahahaha me too! <3

What a great show though. Boaz was phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I think I'm in love with that girl who just asked about the austrian theory of the business cycle
    Hahah, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Truth.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fixed
    Last edited by Eric21ND; 04-01-2011 at 02:37 PM.

I'm there to the very far left, looking unimpressed, at 4:20
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    Someone needs to call out Stossel on his comments about WW2. He is completely wrong.
    I am surprised he wasnt booed out of the room. The idiot thinks dropping 2 atomic bombs on japan killing countless number of innocent civilians was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am surprised he wasnt booed out of the room. The idiot thinks dropping 2 atomic bombs on japan killing countless number of innocent civilians was justified.
    Well, regardless of those views, this was an amazing episode, I just happened to catch it last night by accident and it still amazes me stuff like this is on the MSM. Stossel deserves huge props for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendenR View Post
    Well, regardless of those views, this was an amazing episode, I just happened to catch it last night by accident and it still amazes me stuff like this is on the MSM. Stossel deserves huge props for that.
    I agree, but god dammit, that was an extremely disappointing answer. I'm glad some audience members boo'd him, hopefully it helps him reconsider that position.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    I agree, but god dammit, that was an extremely disappointing answer. I'm glad some audience members boo'd him, hopefully it helps him reconsider that position.
    A lot of people there were not impressed by a lot of the answers both Stossel and Boaz held, but it was mostly discussed off camera.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

what the $#@! was that part about "we are toppling dictators in the middle east"? that's a dumb policy that grows the government, idiot.

Establishment libertarians are too close to the conservative/Republican Establishment

Don't be fooled by Boaz and the rest of the Cato/Reason crowd. They talk a good game. But they were a.w.o.l when Dr. Paul ran. In fact, they were hostile to his campaign. And they promote people like Dick Armey and Steve Forbes, claiming they're somehow libertarian. Of course, there are exceptions. I'm sure there are some good people who work at Cato and Reason.
    "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. "

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. "

Thomas Jefferson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.