Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Re-cutting "FOR LIBERTY" to be used as a RP/R3V 2012 campaign tool - View within

Can we pre-order the videos yet?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    Can we pre-order the videos yet?
    Will be getting a Re-cut specific site up at the RonPaulFilm.com address, but it will likely be next week sometime. For the time being I could add them to the regular doc site as a pre-order, since that is a functioning store. We're kind of debating on the quantity breakdowns we want to offer. Since these are meant for handouts we won't really sell single units.

Am thinking 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 for starters, with each one being a slightly better discount. Do those packs seem about right?
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    obviously too late, but for consideration in adding this to a future cut.

Are you talking as a bonus section?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Are you talking as a bonus section?
    whatever works. I just think he did a great job with such an honest and open endorsement that it deserves to get out there.

Corey and I just finished the subtitle file for the main program, so we'll have full CC on the re-cut DVD! Man that was rough. 24 hours between the both of us, basically just hammering it out.

Hella thanks to Angelatc though, she wrote the file for the original DVD but we could never get it to sync properly, so we weren't able to use it at the time. But we were able to use much of her work, adjusting it as with the timecodes to get everything in sync. And of course thanks to KramerDSP for encouraging us to do subtitles in the first place. So stoked that's finally done.

Are you going to upload the final product to that website so we can preview it?
    Last edited by Eric21ND; 06-17-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Corey and I just finished the subtitle file for the main program, so we'll have full CC on the re-cut DVD! Man that was rough. 24 hours between the both of us, basically just hammering it out.

Hella thanks to Angelatc though, she wrote the file for the original DVD but we could never get it to sync properly, so we weren't able to use it at the time. But we were able to use much of her work, adjusting it as with the timecodes to get everything in sync. And of course thanks to KramerDSP for encouraging us to do subtitles in the first place. So stoked that's finally done.
    You guys are the absolute best! Great news to come home to after winning a house game poker tournament. I can't wait. I'm glad I didnt have to sue you! (bad joke related to the Netflix lawsuit thread which I will reply to when I wake up tomorrow). I will do everything in my power to distribute the DVD's to the Deaf community.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Tease of the new section haha.

Cool. I am so glad you're able to use it. Not being able to get that to sync the first time was seriously one of my biggest disappointments, especially because I was on such a high while working on it.
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    Are you going to upload the final product to that website so we can preview it?
    Got it up.

59:09 (59:04-05 on the in-video timer) has a pretty severe audio edit... almost like it wasn't actually a sentence originally spoken. That's the only thing I noticed though.

Nice work.

That was wonderful, just wonderful. I'm sure if people would see this video, they would begin supporting Ron Paul.

Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Adam, I think you should substitute the video in the first post of this thread with the new updated version. Some people may be watching the outdated version here for the first time instead of the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Adam, I think you should substitute the video in the first post of this thread with the new updated version. Some people may be watching the outdated version here for the first time instead of the new one.
    Done, good suggestion.

Chris, what about making campaign commercials for primetime TV out of excerpts of this cut?

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Chris, what about making campaign commercials for primetime TV out of excerpts of this cut?
    Whatever you need let me know.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whatever you need let me know.
    Thank you Chris.

Hey, this was great. I just watched the full 2 hour 2008-campaign version a week or so ago with a friend who already seemed to like what little he knew of Ron Paul, but I think this convinced him, and was a good way to learn more.

I watched the re-cut soon after that, and I thought you guys did a great job on that. I may be commenting on a previous version... I'm about to watch the latest, so I apologize if my comments don't reflect the latest version. I have only a few.

1.) I wasn't big on was the kid that was like "spread the message!" because when I see kids say suff like that I feel it's not very genuine as kids just go along with whatever. I mean it's cool to teach kids and to see them interested, but to have them as advocates to me seems like they're being taken advantage of. It's easy for people to discount a message when they see something like that.

2.) I wish the ending would've transitioned to the current campaign. It's not easy to recognize at the end that he is running again this time. So while I like that it ends with the message that the idea and the revolution live on, and it is optimistic, it didn't leave people with a way to get involved or continue the revolution through the current campaign. It might've been nice to see his 2012 announcement, and maybe part of the straw poll speech where he talks about striving for virtue, and that the brushfires are spreading or whatever.

3.) I really liked the old intro of them handing out the constitutions at the Packers game. It was a nice way to bring people in without getting too political right off the bat. The new intro might be seen a little more as a slam against everyone else right off the bat. No big deal though.

3a.) Minor... but in the 'television' intro, I don't really care for Gravel and Kucinich being in there. Neither were part of the same rhetoric last time, and Kucinich and Paul work together quite a bit for the Constitution.

Anyway, I really like the recut. It took a lot of the 'nerdy' parts out, stayed just as (or more) interesting as the long version, and conveyed the same message. I like all of the new footage as well.

It would be cool if the HD version was included as a PC-only mp4 on the disc, although that might take too much space. Maybe provided via bittorrent, donations, or for purchase on the site. I watched the HD Youtube version (THANK YOU for putting that up on Youtube!), and it looked great!

Deborah K: Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment.
    HAHA. No way! Me and my friend laughed a lot at that. I loved it! Please don't take offense with that, by the way. I thought it was a great moment because I think it conveyed the overall feeling of most people involved at that point, and I thought it helped connect people who weren't involved last time to that feeling. Everyone feels like that sometime, so I think it was something everyone could relate to.

- Darin

Just finished watching the new cut. If I watched it before I posted, I'd barely have anything to comment on!

I don't know if you guys are done editing this, but I saw this clip the other day where Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams talk about the changes that have taken place since the last campaign because of Ron Paul. It's a perfect summation.

Youtube - Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams on The Age of Ron Paul (about 20 seconds in)

Anyway, hope I'm not overstepping my bounds with comments and suggestions. Thanks again for the film, and I really enjoyed it!

- Darin

Deborah K: Chris, Corey, excellent work! And I'm glad you took out my "I got drunk" comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    HAHA. No way! Me and my friend laughed a lot at that. I loved it! Please don't take offense with that, by the way. I thought it was a great moment because I think it conveyed the overall feeling of most people involved at that point, and I thought it helped connect people who weren't involved last time to that feeling. Everyone feels like that sometime, so I think it was something everyone could relate to.
    - Darin
    hehe, yeah I've heard that before, but don't you think, for campaign purposes it was best to remove it for this cut? I most certainly do! Glad you liked it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    Just finished watching the new cut. If I watched it before I posted, I'd barely have anything to comment on!

I don't know if you guys are done editing this, but I saw this clip the other day where Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams talk about the changes that have taken place since the last campaign because of Ron Paul. It's a perfect summation.

Youtube - Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams on The Age of Ron Paul (about 20 seconds in)

Anyway, hope I'm not overstepping my bounds with comments and suggestions. Thanks again for the film, and I really enjoyed it!

- Darin
    Sounds like we addressed most all your concerns with the updated version then?

As with every story, advertisement or movie production, a very important question is..."who is the intended audience?"

A video with so much material (especially right at the beginning) about ending the wars (because the main topic of the last presidential election turned out to be foreign policy, so the early clips of 2008 are about ending the wars) would mean that the most likely audience for this video is those most likely to accept the anti-war position, especially those who consider that to be the most important thing. Most of them voted for Obama in 2008, and tend to be of the younger generation.

So, with that in mind, I would tailor the music, graphics, and any other variable that can be changed, to the younger audience, and especially Obama voters, and think of how to show that Dr Paul was who they really wanted to support, but they just didn't hear about him until it was too late.

I met a lot of people like that over the past 3 years who registered Democrat to vote in the 2008 primaries because they believed the lie that "all the Republicans are for the war in Iraq" and, simply reacting to the partisan tactic, ended up supporting Obama in the primaries and certainly the general election 2008.

Whether there is enough people like that in Iowa, NH, South Carolina and Nevada is another thing, however, so I think there needs to be a second strategy running parallel to that: an economic and monetary policy message geared toward people opposed to the bailouts and Federal Reserve.

There is a great need to get an economic based message out, targeting fiscal conservatives and people who tend to be older and also more likely to vote in the Republican primaries in these states, but aren't totally committed to military interventionism or non-interventionism. That is a different audience than the most likely "For Liberty" audience, so a completely different project would be needed to reach those voters.

Most of the videos and projects we see on RP websites are made by younger people and tend to be fit for younger audiences, though this is unintentional and not a bad thing. But it may take some intentional audience-based targeting to make videos, flyers, and other ads that would appeal to older and/or economically concerned Republican voters.

I am a mapping person, not a video maker or marketer, and I am focusing on what I do best, geographically mapping likely voters for door-to-door canvassing purposes. I can't make videos anyone would find worth watching, nor do I have the software or hardware to do that, so I am hoping that people with video and marketing skills can take up the task.

Please, we really need some videos that highlight Dr Paul's economic and monetary policies that are made with the audience of fiscal conservatives in mind.

Thank you.

New store is up. We are now accepting pre-orders. Should start shipping on or around July 15th.

http://ronpaulfilm.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456