Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-cutting "FOR LIBERTY" to be used as a RP/R3V 2012 campaign tool - View within

Re-cutting "FOR LIBERTY" to be used as a RP/R3V 2012 campaign tool - View within

In anticipation of RP/R3V2012 Corey and I have taken our original film and re-cut it, creating a much much shorter version which can be more easily taken in. We plan on mass producing this new version in minimalist packaging (which will in itself be RP2012 informational lit), and making them available in bulk on a new website for dirt cheap to be used as grassroots campaign handouts. Obviously we are waiting for RP to announce, but wanted to get a jump on this as we all know how crazy it will get once this thing kicks off!

Right now with the re-cut we're sitting at just under 60 minutes when the final credits roll. In the original the roll was around 110 mins, so so far we've shaved off almost 50%. But the shorter the better really. We want people to watch until the very end since there are some really emotional and powerful scenes there.

Those of you familiar with the original 110 minute version of the doc may notice some things right away.

1) the Walk for Freedom journey is gone. They still arrive in MN at the end but appear as just attendees of the Rally along with everyone else. While the touching story of their walk is fitting in the film's original structure, it serves less purpose when wanting to use the film as a quick educational tool promoting RP2012. Cutting W4F shaved 30 minutes right off the bat. Sorry to Michael and crew

2) Less detail on grassroots projects. Most still remain in some form or another, but are now just touched on vs giving all the backstory, etc. The purpose now is to give information about Ron Paul and why he is deserving of your Primary & General vote!

3) Some of the later debate clips were consolidated into a general section about half way through, focusing on how the media attacked RP and how he differs from the neocons in foreign policy, etc. Liberty vs Tyranny.

4) Many clips were removed that served no purpose in the re-cut, or helped generally speed things up and save on time.

5) There is an updated serif font for name tags vs the hard edges of the original one. Some people's subtitles were updated, like Kokesh for example.

6) There is a Red Giant filter on the whole film that pops the colors more, blurs the left-right edges, and adds a gentle vignette. Purpose is to add a bit more beauty and eye candy people are used to seeing in movies and TV shows.

7) The end credits crawl (text over black) is still the original version. We'll be updating that a bit for the final re-cut and with updated websites at the end.

8) Thinking of the idea of a permanent lower right watermark with "RonPaul2012.com" or whatever the official campaign site is. Open to suggestions if that's a good idea or not.

9) There is a burned-in timecode window to help better reference possible edits or changes.

We were thinking of putting up a title card in the very beginning (currently not in) with a couple short sentences like: "This is the story of the Ron Paul's 2007-08 Presidential campaign. We hope it helps you better understand Dr. Paul's unique and exceptional qualities as a candidate in the upcoming 2012 election." This is an important card since it's literally the first thing people will see when viewing. We are open to everyone helping work on that card to make it the best it can be.

We're still looking for places to shave off minutes to make it even shorter if possible. We've opened the cut up to anyone with the password, so feel free to view it and offer any suggestions. We hope by taking some time with this it can be a powerful tool to be used during the upcoming campaign.

Password: 2012

[Edit] - this is the latest version after critique from this thread, however the DVD version may differ slightly.

Edit - The disc will have about 45-60 mins available for bonus/ancillary material to be included - which can be recent speeches, new Avaroth vids, things like the "What If" video, or whatever. Looking for the best stuff to put on there! Surely new vids will start getting cranked out once he announces. Open to what to include in this available disc space, and we can even update these in future DVD pressings as the campaign rages on. May have to open a new thread for that when the time comes.
    Last edited by AdamT; 06-23-2011 at 12:14 AM.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thank you! That's terrific!!

Ron's inspiring people to do and be more is big. I hope you left in some of the grass roots effort, even if not details of all the projects (Mary Ruwart's interview was good for example.) Unfortunately, I'm more coming up with stuff to add (like parts of Gunny's speech last night saying how Ron banished his apathy and prompted him to register, and a year later run for the state office he won), but I do understand the purpose of shortening it. I'll look forward to the end result to go with the For Liberty DVD I have!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    ...I'm more coming up with stuff to add (like parts of Gunny's speech last night saying how Ron banished his apathy and prompted him to register, and a year later run for the state office he won), but I do understand the purpose of shortening it.
    I don't think we can add new material to the film, but there will be about 60 mins available on the DVD for bonus/ancillary material to be included. Should almost start a new thread just about that! But yeah, I forgot to mention that (will edit above).

I know you can't add new, that was just an aside. Don't worry about it! I was just commiserating on the difficulty of cutting anything when there is so much to say.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Just watched the full chopped down version. It's really good, and I think this will be a winning asset in 2012. My plan would be to add this DVD to every lit drop i do.

thanks adam for all your work. we are all proud of you Ron Paul 2012 , any chance you have aravoth involved in making new 2012 videos? hint hint edit i saw your edit with aravoth in it
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 03-29-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

The new cut is FANTASTIC.

One suggestion: The guy that is interviewed at 8:10 could be done without. His mere appearance gives that fanatical image that I think we should really try to stay away from. All others who are interviewed help the campaign's perceived credibility.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulNation.Org View Post
    One suggestion: The guy that is interviewed at 8:10 could be done without. His mere appearance gives that fanatical image that I think we should really try to stay away from. All others who are interviewed help the campaign's perceived credibility.
    I think you're totally wrong. Are you an elitist?
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

Adam, will there be subtitles for this new version?
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweman View Post
    I think you're totally wrong. Are you an elitist?
    objectivist

How can I check out the new cut?

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    Adam, will there be subtitles for this new version?
    Yes! Forgot to mention this, but we are definitely planning on it once it's locked. At half the length it'll be much easier to transcribe and get everything in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    How can I check out the new cut?
    Go to the Vimeo and put in the pass: 2012
    http://www.vimeo.com/21630145

this is awesome!

+rep and rated
    Last edited by Thomas; 03-29-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes! Forgot to mention this, but we are definitely planning on it once it's locked. At half the length it'll be much easier to transcribe and get everything in sync.
    Awesome! The video looks great from the skimming I did through it. The quality is phenomenal, and I think a lot of people will be swayed positively by the movie.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you can let us know how much it costs asap, our YAL chapter can purchase a ton with our budget to screen on campus or hand out.

My eyes start watering everytime I watch this... I agree making it slightly shorter will help get the point across to the masses much better.

Is it possible to get this on the Biography or History Channel? They wouldn't have any problem with viewership and ratings.
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 03-29-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

I actually did something similar about a year ago.... I got it down to about 20 minutes if I remember right and have a DVD arch file ready to go.... but I don't have means to mass produce and wasn't sure the producers would like that I did it... so glad you're on it! I'll move on to other things
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Can we get the original onto Amazon Video on Demand, Zune Marketplace, and iTunes Movies?

Quote Originally Posted by constitutional_insurgent View Post
    Can we get the original onto Amazon Video on Demand, Zune Marketplace, and iTunes Movies?
    Getting on Amazon is simple. They should look into it. I've got some products on amazon in the past, and I have some friends who got their independent films on Amazon with no problem. I believe you just need a unique UPC code.

awesome! This will be great as a tool.

This was vitally important to have a high quality, concise overview of the Ron Paul movement. This will bring the general public up to speed very quickly. Now we just have to put it in the hands of every republican in Iowa and NH. Certainly will be a Herculean task, but if anybody could do it, it's us!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    This was vitally important to have a high quality, concise overview of the Ron Paul movement. This will bring the general public up to speed very quickly. Now we just have to put it in the hands of every republican in Iowa and NH. Certainly will be a Herculean task, but if anybody could do it, it's us!
    Agreed. This DVD needs to be part of our lit drops

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by constitutional_insurgent View Post
    We looked into iTunes, which costs about $1000 to get it up there. You have to go through one of their "approved aggregators". Haven't looked into Amazon VOD or Zune. We do have the original DVD on Amazon, so I assume that's half the battle getting it on VOD?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    We looked into iTunes, which costs about $1000 to get it up there. You have to go through one of their "approved aggregators". Haven't looked into Amazon VOD or Zune. We do have the original DVD on Amazon, so I assume that's half the battle getting it on VOD?

Is there any update on Netflix instant? How does that work, is it just a long process or are there costs involved?

Netflix has to get a demand. People should keep adding it to their Queue as a "saved title".

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fo...berty/70148642

I have many ideas for extras. What's the criteria for adding them? Do you want them strictly about Ron Paul? How many extra can we have length wise? I would include interview/lectures by some people who support Ron in certain areas. Thomas E. Woods on economics, Michael Scheuer on foreign policy, etc. Is this going to be DVD format or can we get high quality Blueray 1080p?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    I have many ideas for extras. What's the criteria for adding them? Do you want them strictly about Ron Paul? How many extra can we have length wise? I would include interview/lectures by some people who support Ron in certain areas. Thomas E. Woods on economics, Michael Scheuer on foreign policy, etc. Is this going to be DVD format or can we get high quality Blueray 1080p?
    Blu-ray would be amazing but is a lot more expensive and not everyone has players. No macs play them. DVD is way more common.

There would be about 45-60 minutes available for the bonus stuff. Needs to be quick, interesting, and well-done videos that won't bore people to death. Avaroth kind of things. They would have to add to wanting to learn more about Ron Paul and to get people to vote for him.

If you have the space on the bonus materials, I think the John Stossel 20/20 interview with Dr. Paul is his best most informative video on the issues and his reasons for those positions.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast