Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: David Frum: Rand's plan to eliminate foreign aid has a "sinister edge"

  1. #1

    David Frum: Rand's plan to eliminate foreign aid has a "sinister edge"

    Video is of David Frum talking to Glenn Greenwald about Rand wanting to cut all foreign aid as part of his proposed $500 billion in spending cuts. Frum of course focuses just on the fact that Israel is one of the countries that receive foreign aid. Glenn sticks up for Rand pretty good and challenges Frum on the fact that Rand is not singling out Israel, he has proposed cutting foreign aid to ALL countries. Frum counters back that the amount of foreign aid we hand out is "infinitesimal", then he throws some kind of underhanded jab implying Rand Paul and his father are anti-semitic: "Rand Paul's case has got a little bit of a sinister edge, given the particular history of the Paul family".

    Last edited by jct74; 03-27-2011 at 09:28 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    He's not going to get anywhere with Greenwald about that, maybe Greenwald will finally get it, if he didn't before, where this supposed 'anti-Semitism' charge comes from. From people like Frum who think there should be a never ending spigot of money and defense from us to one particular country over all the rest.

    Plus, Frum doesn't mention that Rand's plan was to cut $500 billion, not just aid. It was part of a huge package...the only part Frum CARES about is Israel aid, and as far as I am concerned, singling ONLY that out to discuss from all the CUTS proposed, above education funds and domestic programs, has a sinister edge, right there. How can he justify that?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-27-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  4. #3
    The funny thing is how all of this 'give Israel money or you're anti-semitic' blackmail reinforces certain old Jewish stereotypes. Anyone ever see The Merchant of Venice?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

  5. #4
    Cutting aid to Israel, no matter the reason, no matter the cause and no matter the fact we don't have aid to give, means you hate Jews. That's the reasoning because it's sadly the most effective and only argument they have.

  6. #5
    Cashing in on guilt.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

    Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

    Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    underhanded jab implying Rand Paul and his father are anti-semitic: "Rand Paul's case has got a little bit of a sinister edge, given the particular history of the Paul family".
    What history is he speaking of? I dont' think there was anything about jews in those discredited newsletters was there?

  8. #7

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What history is he speaking of? I dont' think there was anything about jews in those discredited newsletters was there?
    No. He is speaking of the same stuff about wanting to cut foreign aid to ALL and not wanting policing of the world, which came up in Iraq etc, and that was spun.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    ... I dont' think there was anything about jews in those discredited newsletters was there?
    ... Paul’s talk of an “industrial-banking-political elite” – any criticism of bankers, and their federally-insured con-game, is “conspiracism” and probably “anti-Semitic,” too. ...
    http://takimag.com/article/why_the_b...mear_ron_paul/
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

    Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

    Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

  12. #10
    Criticizing bankers is anti-Semitic. I've never seen a people so anxious to perpetuate the stereotypes about themselves as the Zionists.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

  13. #11
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-21-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  14. #12

  15. #13
    specs - thanks for the NY Sun link (again). I should have bookmarked that one a long time ago.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

    Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

    Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That is what I thought. So no history at all of anti-semitism from the Paul family. I wonder if Frum is the "friend" that claimed to the nysun that Paul was an anti-semite? A claim they rebuked:
    http://www.nysun.com/editorials/the-...uestion/87146/

    If there was a "history" then they would have talked about it, no doubt.


    Hey frum, you little , just because you say it is true doesn't make it true.
    Frum is a champagne bottle?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Frum is a champagne bottle?
    LOL, just click the "Reply With Quote" button to figure out what that it is, you can then see the name of the image. Here, I'll just copy it for you:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6881/smalldouche.gif

    It stumped me at first too.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    LOL, just click the "Reply With Quote" button to figure out what that it is, you can then see the name of the image. Here, I'll just copy it for you:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6881/smalldouche.gif

    It stumped me at first too.
    LOL!

    Thanks.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17

  21. #18
    Just more from NewSpeak from Frum.

    He says that because Israel is the leading receiver of foreign aid, that Rand is singling them out. That's horsesh*t. There have been several public opinion polls that point to Americans en masse wanting to cut foreign aid until we can at least solve problems here at home. And if you ask Rand about foreign aid and Israel, he makes a great point that we also ship piles of weapons to the islamic states surrounding Israel -- is that an idea Frum supports?

    Glad to see Glenn Greenwald, a dyed-in-the-wool PROGRESSIVE, sticking up for Rand and setting the record straight against a so-called "conservative" like David Frum.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister


  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Just more from NewSpeak from Frum.

    He says that because Israel is the leading receiver of foreign aid, that Rand is singling them out. That's horsesh*t. There have been several public opinion polls that point to Americans en masse wanting to cut foreign aid until we can at least solve problems here at home. And if you ask Rand about foreign aid and Israel, he makes a great point that we also ship piles of weapons to the islamic states surrounding Israel -- is that an idea Frum supports?

    Glad to see Glenn Greenwald, a dyed-in-the-wool PROGRESSIVE, sticking up for Rand and setting the record straight against a so-called "conservative" like David Frum.
    Rand didn't even single out AID, it was a $500 billion budget cut. Israel aid is less than 1% of that. But its impact on Israel is all Frum cares about, or even tracked, as is clear from his reaction when Greenwald said Rand wasn't singling out aid to Israel. It is FRUM that singles out Israel, not anyone else.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  23. #20
    And David Frum's head comes to a sinister point. What else is new?
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

    Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

  24. #21
    Frum is an idiot. The amount of foreign aid we hand out is not "infinitesimally tiny". According to Wikipedia we hand out $44.9 billion in foreign aid a year - $11 billion in military assistance and $33.9 billion in economic assistance.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

    I looked at Rand's $500 billion spending cut proposal though and it says cut the State Department by $20.321 billion, with no mention of how much of that is due to eliminating foreign aid.
    http://www.randpaul2010.com/wp-conte...0Bcutsbill.pdf
    http://www.randpaul2010.com/wp-conte...ion-cuts-2.pdf

    Does anyone know why there is such a large mismatch with the $44.9 billion number?
    Last edited by jct74; 03-27-2011 at 04:38 PM.

  25. #22
    ^
    Well, Wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate. However, why don't you e-mail the Senator's office asking for clarification on that point, and let the rest of us know what they say?
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

    Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

  26. #23
    David Frum is sinister in his core.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 03:56 AM
  4. David "axis of evil" Frum's website attacks RP's book
    By Liberty Star in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •