Thread: Want to understand the Fed?

Want to understand the Fed?

Beware, this is a long article, but it's MEATY. Especially look at the buying power of the dollar today versus 1913. (down towards the bottom)

http://financialsense.com/fsu/editor...2007/1020.html
    We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeesh!

The things people don't want you to know...
    Precinct Captain - TX4508
    Proud Ron Paul Republican

For those who prefer watching to reading, I would HIGHLY recommend hitting video.google.com and looking up "The Money Masters". If you watch this, you'll understand why I keep telling everyone that Ron Paul is our Andrew Jackson!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

My favorite is "Money as Debt". It is 47 minutes long and has animated cartoons that explain the whole scam in a way that ANYONE can understand it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74362583451279

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionGal View Post
    For those who prefer watching to reading, I would HIGHLY recommend hitting video.google.com and looking up "The Money Masters". If you watch this, you'll understand why I keep telling everyone that Ron Paul is our Andrew Jackson!
    Yes yes yes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

Once you watch this you will understand the power of the bankers, and where every single member of the richest people in the world made their money, what a 'debt based economy' really is, and why our monetary system has over 1000 years of proof that it was doomed at the start.

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai0 View Post
    Yes yes yes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

Once you watch this you will understand the power of the bankers, and where every single member of the richest people in the world made their money, what a 'debt based economy' really is, and why our monetary system has over 1000 years of proof that it was doomed at the start.
    thanks for posting the link!! I didn't have time to go get it when I posted earlier!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin.
    Not only the creation of the Fed, but all the havoc it has wrought, how banks and governments have been bailed out time and again, and how we've been stuck with the worthless paper.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom24 View Post
    Beware, this is a long article, but it's MEATY. Especially look at the buying power of the dollar today versus 1913. (down towards the bottom)

http://financialsense.com/fsu/editor...2007/1020.html
    Thanks!

The Money Masters is riddled with factual inaccuracies. The goals of TMM are not our goals.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Whatever the case may be, they present 'fractional reserve banking' and 'debt based economy' in a way where the concept is easily understood.

Once you understand the inherent dishonesty of fractional reserve banking, the rest is just bonus material.

Do I doubt that the people who create the money around the world could keep all this out of our history and educational system?
    Absolutely.
    No more than they have kept the concept of freedom and property rights out of public school for a very long time.

If you went and told the founders after the revolutionary war that they would have to rent all land from the government AND pay a percentage of all income and financial gain to them as well, they would have picked their rifles back up.

test
    Last edited by libertarianguy; 01-21-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    The Money Masters is riddled with factual inaccuracies. The goals of TMM are not our goals.
    just for a newbie's sake, what are some inaccuracies in the video? It seemed a little dated to me, but that's about all I picked up on. TIA.
    "What to the Slave is the 4th of July." "No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own."
    -Frederick Douglass

Awesome - great find!
    If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Tired of Digg? Join Mixx and the Ron Paul group there.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai0 View Post

If you went and told the founders after the revolutionary war that they would have to rent all land from the government AND pay a percentage of all income and financial gain to them as well, they would have picked their rifles back up.
    May I have permission to use that? Heard it expressed before of course but never so succinctly! Think it would be great to use as part of a group of sayings when passing out literature and encouraging folks to look into Dr Paul.
    If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Tired of Digg? Join Mixx and the Ron Paul group there.

I have some (IMHO) good articles on the Federal Reserve on my blog.
    I have my own blog at http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/.

Let me know if you like it.

Help control the government population. Have your government spayed or neutered.

Sometimes discussions on this forum get out of hand. If you have any questions about the Federal Reserve, the income tax, or the gold standard, you can PM me or leave a comment on my blog.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why rely on conspiracy based arguments for the Fed when you can read the arguments made in it's day?

http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...on%3Aamericana

Oh, that's right monetary policy is dry and boring. Drama is a much better learning tool /sarcasm