Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many here, are firearms owners?

How many here, are firearms owners?

The reason I ask, is that I feel we can do a better job on the gun forums in promoting Dr. Paul and his ideas. Each forum usually has a political section reserved for such discussions. Most gun owners on the forums, are hard case Constitutionalists and freedom loving people. Most are Ron Paul people without even knowing it. It is up to us to make them know it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A good resource to finding gun popular firearm forums is by using stumbleupon and searching through the gun pages.

I post on gunsnet.net all the time half are already for Ron Paul the other half are neo-cons

I have had great success at one, failed miserably on several others.

Gun owners who support the NRA do not fully grasp the concept of true liberty and freedom, and they voted en masse for GeeDubYa...TWICE.
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Quote Originally Posted by rpliving View Post
    I post on gunsnet.net all the time half are already for Ron Paul the other half are neo-cons
    Agreed, however they absolutely usually place their voting preference around the 2nd Ammendment. Most, I have found are Fred supporters. Here is an interesting page giving Fred's record concerning the 2nd Ammendment, IT's actually pretty dismal. If we can take the issue away from Fred, we stand to pick up support.

http://conservativesagainstfred.word...cord/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    The reason I ask, is that I feel we can do a better job on the gun forums in promoting Dr. Paul and his ideas. Each forum usually has a political section reserved for such discussions. Most gun owners on the forums, are hard case Constitutionalists and freedom loving people. Most are Ron Paul people without even knowing it. It is up to us to make them know it.
    Yeah, all sorts of people from all walks of life own guns. Those who go on the internet to talk about the guns they own are the kind of hard core 'don't tread on me types' that will likely embrace Ron Paul.
    Home is where my brothers lie. I stop and kneel at Arlington. You can go around if you like.

Any interest in creating a gun forum here?

I own a russain mosin-nagant 91/30 and a remington nylon 66, and am looking at getting a .308 bolt action soon.

as far as a gun forum, hells yes!
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think a 2nd amendment sub forum would be great
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

Yes you would think that fellow gun owners would embrace Paul, but most it seems have embraced Fred, and when confronted with Fred's dismal gun control record they call it bull$#@! propagated by the liberal lefty alarmist group the GOA. I really don't get it. BTW, I've got more stuff than I can count.
    Last edited by SWATH; 10-24-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

got a 410 shotgun and a 30 cal carbine. I'm 47y/o and hadum since I was 12 or 13

Here is my HDR (Homeland Defense Rifle):

Here is my 14-year-old son's:

This ain't all, but you get the idea...
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Sadly I am disarmed. It was the anti-2nd amendment laws that caused me to start learning, and led me to Ron Paul.
    I was posting on a gun forum until they closed the political discussion.
    I would like to own them again. Getting Ron Paul elected is the only hope of restoring the 2nd amendment.

Last edited by pcosmar; 10-24-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: add pic
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I posted Fred's lame voting record for the 2A on a gun forum and was banned for life.

Makes me ashamed to be a gun owner. I had thought gun owners tended to be more educated than the average voter because many take their individual rights seriously. The fact that so many gun owners support Fred amazes me because the guy is just an empty suit. Not that you have much choice if you are a gun owner and pro-war (as many are), but I would have more respect if pro-war gun owners were for MCCain as opposed to Fred.

A gun forum here would be great!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i am a gun owner, but i am not knowledgeable about them, or about RP's voting record regarding them...

but i do this this is an important issue to be out there pushing...

I have a gun for very finger and a couple toes too
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by rpliving View Post
    How can a gun owner be a neocon knowing they are going to lose there guns unless they do something about it? Unless they are part of the machine.

I think its a pretty safe bet that most Ron Paul supporters exercise the right protected by the Second Amendment.

I've often wondered if RP might not be the only candidate who is personally armed while campaigning.

My gf/fiance/partner got me a .22 revolver for Valentine's Day this year - pretty cool, huh?

Are the Michigan gun laws what disarmed you, PCO?

JM

Quote Originally Posted by alien View Post
    Ron Paul is packing?
    Probably, I would be.

I think Huckabee has a CCW too...

My weapons in order of preference: (as in, if I had to use them)

.22 semi auto rifle
    9mm Ruger pistol
    30/30 lever action rifle
    .38 pistol (my wife's. no jokes about her gun being bigger than mine!)

45 lb. recurve bow and arrows
    Many many shuriken - throwing stars (I have won several competitions with these. I am very good with them but prefer the others for both range and stopping power. Throwing stars are mostly distraction)
    A couple of blow guns (again mostly for distraction)

Several Bo staffs
    Two sets of Sai
    Two pair of Tonfa
    A pair of functional katanas, various belt knives and other "dagger" type knives.

Knees, elbows, fists, feet. I am too old but I imagine I still remember enough I could do some damage. My wife has ten years of training also.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alien View Post
    How can a gun owner be a neocon knowing they are going to lose there guns unless they do something about it? Unless they are part of the machine.
    Makes no sense to me either

My wife owns an Heckler & Koch P2000SK .40S&W. We both have CCW (concealed carry) permits here in Connecticut.

Huckabee is the only other candidate who sincerely and genuinely supports the second amendment rights of citizens. Of course he is a neocon interventionist, so entirely unacceptable for that reason.

I love a quote I heard recently: "The Second Amendment is my concealed weapons permit."

Quote Originally Posted by jgmaynard View Post
    My gf/fiance/partner got me a .22 revolver for Valentine's Day this year - pretty cool, huh?

Are the Michigan gun laws what disarmed you, PCO?

JM
    Yes and no.
    First,some stupidity in my youth. I paid for that, served my time, have lived honestly since and had received a restoration of rights.
    Michigan does not recognize the restoration. The Brady laws prevent me from having my record corrected. If I had $100K to spend I could buy my rights back.
    To say I am a little unhappy about it would be an understatement..
    http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/2006/08/...-gone-well.htm
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul supporters are outnumbered on the gun forum on which I post. Most of them are for Fred and all about fighting them there AND here. Some have said they would vote for RP if he's on the ballot, but won't actively support him. Almost a lost cause. You can type 'til you're blue in the face.

You'll excuse me if I don't publicly list my firearms for the whole world to see.
    All your voter base are belong to us!

The only gun I own at the moment is my great grandads Winchester. I think guns are necessry tools and was a sharpshooter in school. I'd rather plink cans than hunt rabbits, but that's just me. Sure wish there were more hunters though to keep the deer from starving in the NE winter
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast