Thread: Nobel Committee asked to strip Obama of Peace Prize

Thumbs up Nobel Committee asked to strip Obama of Peace Prize

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh how I wish they would!
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Banned

Blog Entries
    What a scam.

Who even knows why he was awarded it in the first place?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Great! They should strip Al Gore while their at it. Seriously, the Nobel "peace prize" means nothing anymore.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Seriously, the Nobel "peace prize" means nothing anymore.
    Nonsense. The meaning has merely changed. Once upon a time it celebrated the kind of peace that soothed Alfred Nobel's troubled conscience. Now it celebrates that kind of Orwellian 'peace' that made Alfred Nobel rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Seriously

Krugman has a prize for Economics??? Whha

Gore has one for being a soothsayer of Apocalypse??? AHh?

And Obama has a peace prize for blowing up Muslims in the Middle East??? Just lol

I mean a Noble Prize is a freaking joke, I would piss on one. These are only the clowns I know of who received it.

The very name is an oxymoron. Alfred Nobel Peace Prize. Next we'll have an ExxonMobil Prize for Oil Conservation.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nonsense. The meaning has merely changed. Once upon a time it celebrated the kind of peace that soothed Alfred Nobel's troubled conscience. Now it celebrates that kind of Orwellian 'peace' that made Alfred Nobel rich.
    IIRC it's not really true that Nobel got rich from war. Dynamite has always been used far more in nonmilitary applications than military ones.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Who even knows why he was awarded it in the first place?
    The statement the committee put out about it was so vague, they came really close to saying he won because of hope and change.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    IIRC it's not really true that Nobel got rich from war. Dynamite has always been used far more in nonmilitary applications than military ones.
    Well, it was the case back before they invented Perpetual War, certain things were more widely available for peaceful uses. And, yes, he had peaceful uses in mind for dynamite when he invented it. That said, the man made a hell of a lot of money off of war. Didn't you know that his misgivings over this fact are what famously led him to set up the foundation and the prize?

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/article.aspx?id=565

"Great armies also quickly found use for the new explosive, and so the so-called lord of dynamite made a handsome profit selling his sometimes murderous creation (often to both sides) in major European conflicts."

who cares.. these old world institutions are obsolete.. when the 50s and 60s idiots die off and the 20, 30s grow up, they likely wouldn't even be there anymore. internet sentiment will render them irrelevant eventually.. let the old men enjoy their rotten solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Didn't you know that his misgivings over this fact are what famously led him to set up the foundation and the prize?
    Yeah. It's one of those famous stories, like George Washington chopping down a cherry tree. I'm not sure if the Nobel one is any more true.

Obama won't lose his peace prize. Now that he has access to the U.S. military for personal use, who is going to piss him off?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Yeah. It's one of those famous stories, like George Washington chopping down a cherry tree. I'm not sure if the Nobel one is any more true.
    Well, old Alfred is dead in his grave, so no one really needs to take his sentiments into account anyway.

Like the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, dedicated to promoting scientific and technological research, funding tear-jerking stories of decades-old discrimination on PBS. Who cares what Sloan wanted done with his hard-earned money? He's dead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even the prize for literature is a complete joke. Russian, American, and European writers are generally the best. But almost every year they give the prize to some "ok" writer of some backwater third world country in some politically correct BS move.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    Seriously

Krugman has a prize for Economics??? Whha

Gore has one for being a soothsayer of Apocalypse??? AHh?

And Obama has a peace prize for blowing up Muslims in the Middle East??? Just lol

I mean a Noble Prize is a freaking joke, I would piss on one. These are only the clowns I know of who received it.
    They gave one to the European Union. No, you heard that right, the entire European Union got the prize in 2012. Whooptie freaking do! I guess they split the prize money among all the citizens?

The requirement for getting the prize these days is basically just "be a liberal".

Don't hold your breath. Taking it back would just be an admission of an initial Nobel Prize FUBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Taking it back would just be an admission of an initial Nobel Prize FUBAR.
    Not upgraded to FUBAR as of now but it is officially a "mistake" now:

Cooper: President Obama's Nobel Peace prize regretted by organization official

Edmund Robinson on 21/12/2015
    On second thought If he had it to do over again, the ex- director of Norway's Nobel Institute says in a new book, President Barack Obama would never have been awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace prize. "[We] thought it would strengthen Obama, and it didn't have this effect," Geil Lundestad told The Associated Press. "Even many of Obama's supporters thought that the prize was a mistake."

http://thespokedblog.com/2015/12/21/...-regretted-by/