Thread: More on Rand's relationship with Al Franken

More on Rand's relationship with Al Franken

There's a short video to go along with the article. One piece of information I was not aware of is that Rand has both a Democrat and Republican mentor, with Kay Bailey Hutchison being his Republican mentor.
    http://www.startribune.com/politics/...118054394.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Franken is certainly no Feingold, but I hope this partnership could yield some results. I imagine Franken would like to see us out of Afghanistan and maybe even have habeas corpus restored.

I'm really curious about his agenda though. He has been very low key ever since he got into office. If he really cared about the issues in the same way Rand does, why isn't he using his celebrity to help promote those issues? I don't imagine that Franken has the corporatist agenda that most of his colleagues do.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

but at the same time Franken is scared to stand up to democratic leadership on many issues since he voted YES for the patriot act