Thread: Adrian Peterson: NFL Like ‘Modern Day Slavery’

Adrian Peterson: NFL Like ‘Modern Day Slavery’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_836090.html

“It’s modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money,” Peterson continued. “The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_836090.html
    well damnit, that just brought my respect for him down a notch

except he could quit whenever he wants to. . . and still be filthy rich.

I love hearing from grossly out of touch millionaire athletes.

You know if they can't agree, I would think it would end up going back to a system like baseball where there are nearly no caps and no floors. GREAT deal for the quarterbacks who are probably worth more than the rest of the team combines in some cases. I think the NFL is best served by a union, but the players have to negotiate downward because they have the weaker hand in this battle. The leverage lies with the owners right now so deal with it.
    Last edited by Agorism; 03-15-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Sign me up for that slavery where the league minimum is $250k.

What a jackass.

For that kind of money i wouldnt mind getting whipped a couple of times.
    “The Bible says that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous. It is high time that we have top Christian businessmen, businesswomen, bankers, you know, who are men and women of integrity, running the economics of our nations. That’s what we are waiting for. - Pastor Thomas Muthee (Palin personal friend), Wasilla Assembly of God (2005)

(Disclaimer: Obviously the forum owners dictate the rules but if it depends on me you are allowed to insult me in any way, shape or form.)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "modern day slavery" is actually "real slavery", which continues to exist in many parts of the world.

So if I read the article correctly he thinks he has the right to review his bosses' profits to use as leverage in salary negotiations, as opposed to just being paid his market value?

Honestly I hope they don't come to an agreement and cancel next season. Maybe that would mean football fans would start paying attention to things that actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    except he could quit whenever he wants to. . . and still be filthy rich.
    same with the tyrannical US govt and the complaints against it. You can leave if you dont like it. Its not like nobody is stopping you from leaving the country. But yet, we all decide to stay and whine about it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

it's a huge mess thanks to the government.

And the Player's League is currently moving to decertify so that they can sue for anti-trust.

So....things could blow apart quickly, if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    same with the tyrannical US govt and the complaints against it. You can leave if you dont like it. Its not like nobody is stopping you from leaving the country. But yet, we all decide to stay and whine about it
    government does not equal private ownership. in other words, you're totally wrong.

*As someone who believes in the ideas of Liberty and the U.S. Constitution, it is my duty to defend this country from tyranny. Not run away because my parents' generation left it in tyranny.
    Last edited by Nate-ForLiberty; 03-15-2011 at 07:25 PM.

I don't think the slaves had padding and helmets when they took their beatings AP.

lol, slaves weren't paid 10s or even hundreds of millions of dollars during their multi-year contracts

Wow, so you bypassed your senior year at OU to enter the Plantation Draft? YOU at least had options, dumbass...

I guess you can't spell "ignOrant $#@!" without an O U...

Quote Originally Posted by payme_rick View Post
    Wow, so you bypassed your senior year at OU to enter the Plantation Draft? YOU at least had options, dumbass...

I guess you can't spell "ignOrant $#@!" without an O U...
    That was really cheesy.....

Cheesy as all hell I admit ha, but as a UT fan I felt it was an appropriate time to drop an ole t-shirt saying you always see on campus during "OU Week"... Substitute "ignOrant $#@!" for "cOck sUcker"...

Then again, you may be referring to my "Plantation Draft" comment, in which my only reply is "multi-year contract?"

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    We are not required to leave when the regime is tyrannical. It is the regime that must leave. To say otherwise is to assume that the regime owns the rest of the population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Foolish comment. I think he'll reconsider and retract soon.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure "modern day slavery" is actually "real slavery", which continues to exist in many parts of the world.

So if I read the article correctly he thinks he has the right to review his bosses' profits to use as leverage in salary negotiations, as opposed to just being paid his market value?

Honestly I hope they don't come to an agreement and cancel next season. Maybe that would mean football fans would start paying attention to things that actually matter.
    They'll just switch to hockey or the latest reality show.

Pretty stupid statement.

How old is he? Due to my own past, I won't hold any stupid statements against anybody if they are under 27, as long as they retract them in the future.

this belongs in the wtf section
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    well damnit, that just brought my respect for him down a notch
    The fumbles did that for me a long time ago. What the hell good is it to have a 2,000 yard back that you CANT trust in the fourth quarter.

They have turned racism into a mockery.