Thread: did we not raise enough $ or is ron just not in it to win it?

Question did we not raise enough $ or is ron just not in it to win it?

so since cpac ive been updating events for early states

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-to-straw-poll

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...p-to-NH-debate

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...p-to-SC-debate

how come ron isnt doing anything? is he not getting invited to events? certainly we could do something to help with that. is he declining invites? why? is he broke? or is he just not in it to win it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know much about such things, but I think it is a strategic timing issue only.
    I fully expect Ron to run, and to run to win, but I think he is waiting for one of two things: the other shoe to drop with the economy, or for others to announce first so they can make their positions on the economy, so he canexpose their foolishness.

I really tend towards the latter - people are getting much more savvy about the economy and now that the good times are no longer rolling, they are looking for answers. If Ron announces, I think all that will happen is Huckabee and Romney will start mimicking him. So maybe he is letting them go first, so that they can commit to some positions for him to oppose them on...
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Ron Needs to announce by Mid April if he wants to have a chance to win. Needs to get his name out there so voters know who he is. Being in ALL the debates is crucial. If he waits until after April it will be hard for us to raise money and get the name ID up in time for Ames straw poll. He will probably announce around the same time his new book comes out on April 19th. I am fine with that. Just don't miss any debates Ron! first one is May 2nd i think

im not talking about announcing im talkin about courting these republican town/city committees, tea parties, etc

If I had to guess, I'd say some of it has to do with time constraints. He's always pretty eager to get back to Washington to vote on stuff.
    The Golden rule: Those that own the gold make the rules.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

I think something happened this last week, he missed some votes and Amash posted that it was because of a family issue he had to attend to. But he seems to have been planting plants this weekend, so maybe it is past now.

I honestly think he is torn about whether to run or not.

I hope Carol is OK.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It looks to me like he's running. He's already been to Iowa, and is planning a New Hampshire visit and more trips to Iowa. In 2007 he started much more slowly. The debates are coming up (May 2nd), so we will know soon enough.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

Unforeseen events aside, he will run - hell he is already really running.

The problem is the first to declare will be the target of media attacks right from the start as they will be the only target of the left. Nobody wants to undergo that aside from the fact that reaction to that person's positions will clearly show weak spots within the GOP which the next person to declare can decide to not have..."I differ with my opponent on his unpopular plan to...".

Imagine the difference of Romney declaring first, being hit with left attacks while the GOP talks about his Mormonism and his Romney-care...and then comes in Paul with Paul announces first the left attacks on the ideas grand-mom will have no SS and the GOP talks about his "isolationism" and then Romney declares.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What I'm asking is not
    Why hasn't he announced yet

What I'm asking is not
    Did we not raise enough to convince Ron

What I'm asking is
    Did we not raise enough to fly him around to various speaking engagements

Or is it that Ron is not getting invited to these things

I imagine Ron is not being invited some speaking engagements that favor the GOP machine. I also imagine Ron is pretty busy balancing an unofficial campaign with his duties on the domestict monetary policy subcommittee which has an important meeting coming up in 2 days.

Because all of us could be working on trying to get him invited to things (ESP in early states)