Thread: State Dept Spokesman PJ Crowley "Resigns" After Comments On The Torture Of Bradley Manning

State Dept Spokesman PJ Crowley "Resigns" After Comments On The Torture Of Bradley Manning

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good move by the Obama administration, they can't allow their spokesmen to publicly undermine their policies.

The thing that scares me is if I am ever locked up, no one will care about me either.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Rate View Post
    Good move by the Obama administration, they can't allow their spokesmen to publicly undermine their policies.
    But by doing this, they are undermining their image as a progressive and transparent administration.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    But by doing this, they are undermining their image as a progressive and transparent administration.
    Better to appear regressive than disorganized and incompetent.

You see, in the State Department you get fired if you have a lick of common sense and at least a basic sense of morality.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Rate View Post
    Better to appear regressive than disorganized and incompetent.
    Yes, we wouldn't want our evil overlords to be disorganized and incompetent, would we?