Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Grassroots effort - Christian Starter Kit.

NEW Grassroots effort - Christian Starter Kit.

This is the Ron Paul Evangelical Starter Kit:

I have a plan to show Ron Paul to Christians all over the United States.. Here is the deal. I have started a google spreadsheet that lists the names of all 50 states with the major cities.

I need everyones help in filling out this spreadsheet. The way that you fill out the spreadsheet is to go to www.maps.google.com, then type "church near denver,co" or whatever city you want to search. Then it should bring up a lot of churches in the area. Then go to these church websites. Copy and paste the website into the spreadsheet. Yes it is that easy. I will be using a program that gathers the email addresses from the webpages that you send me. The more volunteers the better. If you want to volunteer then send me your email address to austin.garrison@gmail.com and I will send you the link to the spreadsheet. This could be huge, as Ron needs the conservative religious base that usually support the Repubs for him to win. And I believe that if they hear this message then they have no choice but to vote for him.

Once the spreadsheet is filled up, I will then send out an email to all of these pastors with the following email:

**Update** I have acquired a program that scans church websites for email addresses. If you would like to help the effort just send me church URLs.
    ---------------------

***email being developed***
    ---------------------

IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO FIND EMAIL ADDRESSES TO INPUT INTO MY SPREADSHEET YOU MUST EMAIL ME AT AUSTIN.GARRISON@GMAIL.COM IN ORDER FOR ME TO INVITE YOU, SO YOU CAN EDIT IT.
    Last edited by ionlyknowy; 12-15-2007 at 03:20 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if anyone has any suggestions that would make the email better... for instance if you have a better video to use for the points I am attempting to make, then please tell me...

I'll get you the contact information for all the churches in Blacksburg/Christiansburg VA area. I'm also going to spend a few Sundays and hit up all of the churches here. I'm going to leave fliers on their windshields while they're in service.

I can say right now those are way too long.

irememerb I tried to show some friends a Ron Paul DVD, (without watching it first) and it failed horribly, because all the long, dry videos were up front, and all the emotional grabbers were at the end, and by the end... they couldn't give a rat's ass.

Well, I could take out the 1st video... since it is 27 minutes long. The rest are only about 8 minutes. I think that is reasonable.

I like the first one though because it is from a conservative talk show it looks like, and it gives a lot of good info about the NAU

I have some thoughts ... let me finish taking a look at your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3515 View Post
    I have some thoughts ... let me finish taking a look at your videos.
    Ok awesome, thanks

I am going to be sending this to my meetup group and I ask everyone else to send it to their meetups also.

It will take a substantial effort to fill in the spreadsheet so we need as many people as possible.

There currently are not limitations on how many people I can share the spreadsheet with on google docs.

No. No.

No.

You need a 2-4 minute "grabber" video. Right from the start. That should be enough. After that, don't tell them to view more. Ask politely. ("by the way, here is some more info if you're still interested: *list videos* "). Then give your little speech about Ron Paul, and then be done. The quicket the better. Try to keep the amount of time they're required to spend on the e-mail and YouTube under 7-8 minutes. This way, they will be curious on their own, and your "oh, by the way, if you still have time...." links will be watched with more fervor (rather than obligation).

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGuyROb View Post
    No. No.

No.

You need a 2-4 minute "grabber" video. Right from the start. That should be enough. After that, don't tell them to view more. Ask politely. ("by the way, here is some more info if you're still interested: *list videos* "). Then give your little speech about Ron Paul, and then be done. The quicket the better. Try to keep the amount of time they're required to spend on the e-mail and YouTube under 7-8 minutes. This way, they will be curious on their own, and your "oh, by the way, if you still have time...." links will be watched with more fervor (rather than obligation).

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.

Ok so the main points that I want to make with this email is the connection between the CFR----> NAU -----> and all the other candidates running EXCEPT Ron Paul.

I am a Christian and I previously believed that the war was an necessary evil against radical islam. And I know that this is the crucial point for other Christians.

Now, Christians believe that one day there will be a one world government that the antichrist will be given control of and will persecute Christians. They also believe that the antichrist will have them take a mark on their right hand or forehead and whoever does not have the mark will not be able to purchase goods or hold a job.

We have seen this in the micro RFID chips.

Now, if we can show a pastor of a church that every candidate except Ron Paul is a member of CFR and supports the NAU, then Christians will not want to vote for them anymore and will be forced to vote Ron Paul.

We must make them believe that their religion has been hijacked by the powers that are, and exploited for their benefit.

If you do not like what I have in the email then could you please give me the videos to use or make your own and send it to me. If not, then I will continue using what I have.

Another thing, the baby boomer generation is worried about retirment right now, and most are confused about RP's views of Social Security. They see RP as a threat to them getting their Social Security, so whatever we can do to dispell this thinking would be a good thing.

I have already made the spreadsheet and it took me hours.. so I am dedicated to this. If no one volunteers, then I will update the spreadsheet myself. But I would love to have a bunch of help to make it more successful.

I was thinking that everyone that is a Christian, and that is familiar with the churches in their area, can update the spreadsheet with their info... and more if they want.

if you can prep it and send it to me I can try to run it by my dad this weekend, he is a pastor.

I do agree the 27 min video is way too long however.
    No one reads signatures.

what do you mean by prepping it?

That would be great! thanks

I could probably just take the 27 min. video out completely and put it at the end for reference purposes or "if you are interested in learning more..."

I mean, just tweak the mail, wait till some suggestions come tomorrow. there is a better short piece by Lou Dobbs about the NAU, but he isn't well received by some, so I don't know how it would work with all.
    No one reads signatures.

Ok, I took the 27 minute video off and put it at the end.

If anyone has suggestions or even an entirely new setup, then tell me.

But I think that the points that I have put in my original post should be covered.

Last edited by ionlyknowy; 10-24-2007 at 03:00 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to send you a private message so the ideas are not broadcast to everyone (e.g., those from other campaigns who might be looking for what's coming next).

Last edited by ionlyknowy; 10-24-2007 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ionlyknowy View Post
    Ok cool,

Question.. should I take down the post of the link to the spreadsheet in my last post?
    YES!!! Immediately!!

Ok bed time, I'll be back throughout tomorrow for suggestions as they roll in..

Quote Originally Posted by rs3515 View Post
    I'm going to send you a private message so the ideas are not broadcast to everyone (e.g., those from other campaigns who might be looking for what's coming next).

Very smart idea. I have been trolling and there is one particular forum with people over here looking for ideas to steal.

I would probably start with this:
    http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

And then throw in this for good measure:
    http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

The only problem is, many Christians (that are political) are so "Hannitized" that their first response will be "Oh Ron Paul, he's a ________" - whatever was said on Fox News last night.

I've given up trying to tell people that "They hate us because we're over there" - they don't believe that - even though it came from the same CIA that said Iraq had WMD - which they believe hook line and sinker.

Oh one more thing - even people in my church think the CFR and the NAU are conspiracy theories... (ignorance is bliss) But I think focusing on the COST of all these government programs is the only tangible thing that can draw their attention.

So I just say "Who is going to pay for all this big government? Are you?"
    Last edited by Phenom24; 10-24-2007 at 04:40 AM.
    We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What part of the first video about the cfr/nau is speculative?
    "... Ron Paul said things that 'thunk' right in my head-bone ..."
    - Stephen Colbert

Great idea, though I think keeping it short and sweet is best. Pastors are very busy people, and many of us don't have the time to sit back and watch a half and hour of videos sent by someone anonymous.

I would keep it to one video. Personally, I feel that this one is the best out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

BTW were you hoping to get mass support from this? Because of 501(c)(3) regulations, there's little if anything pastors can do to promote political candiates or parties.
    Last edited by tfelice; 10-24-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Emails

I probably cannot do the spreadsheet. But I am compiling a list of emails, as many as I can from the Hudson Valley NY, area for you.

That movie Zeitgeist you linked to in the letter also viciously attacks the deity of Jesus Christ. That might be a problem if the pastors want to see more of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwback280s View Post
    That movie Zeitgeist you linked to in the letter also viciously attacks the deity of Jesus Christ. That might be a problem if the pastors want to see more of the film.
    true, don't do this movie...... it takes WAY WAY to long to get into any substance anyway.
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom24 View Post
    I would probably start with this:
    http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

And then throw in this for good measure:
    http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

The only problem is, many Christians (that are political) are so "Hannitized" that their first response will be "Oh Ron Paul, he's a ________" - whatever was said on Fox News last night.
    I agree but only to a point.

This could be a fruitful endeavor if you concentrate on the historic "peace churches". This is where a lot of conscientious objectors come from when we have a military draft.

They are:

• Mennonites
    • Quakers
    • Church of the Brethren

According to this, you should also look at Churches Of Christ (especially older members) and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Other good prospects would be:

• Unitarians
    • B'hai (Persian universalism, about 150,000 in the U.S.)

Anyone got any more? How about Buddhists or Hindus?
    Last edited by TooConservative; 10-24-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added to the lists

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast