Thread: SPLC's Mark Potok on CNN - 'Radical Right' More of a Threat than Radical Islam

Angry SPLC's Mark Potok on CNN - 'Radical Right' More of a Threat than Radical Islam

And you do know who that is, don't you boys and girls?

CNN Guest: 'Radical Right' More of a Threat than Radical Islam

March 07, 2011

http://nation.foxnews.com/cnn/2011/0...-radical-islam

Mark Potok of the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center claimed on Monday's Newsroom on CNN that radical Islam wasn't "our biggest domestic terror threat," that instead, "that pretty clearly comes from the radical right in this country." Anchor Suzanne Malveaux touted Potok as "expert on extremism" from "one of the most highly regarded non-governmental operations that are monitoring hate groups."

Malveaux brought on the SPLC spokesman at the bottom of the 12 noon Eastern hour to discuss the upcoming hearings by the House Homeland Security Committee on the radicalization of American Muslims. The anchor first asked him, "From your study of tracking radical groups, potentially hate groups, what do you think of this hearing? Is al Qaeda radicalizing Muslims? Is that our biggest homegrown terrorism threat right now?"

Potok replied with his "radical right" claim, and went on to criticize the chairman of the House committee, Rep. Peter King
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Body count of "Muslim extremists" =

Body count of "Right-wing extremists" =

So, how is that again, SPLC?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Body count of "Muslim extremists" =

Body count of "Right-wing extremists" =

So, how is that again, SPLC?
    The only "terrorists" I'm concerned about are mostly concentrated in a 50 mile circle of swamps on the Potomac river.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And you do know who that is, don't you boys and girls?
    It sounds like he's talking about Peter King - in which case most RPF members would agree with him.

Potok replied with his "radical right" claim, and went on to criticize the chairman of the House committee, Rep. Peter King
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    It sounds like he's talking about Peter King - in which case most RPF members would agree with him.
    Yes, he went on to criticize King.

But the right wing terror threat that Potok is always talking about is you, BT.

What about the guy who did this?

Maybe he is talking about those "radical right" kooks?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by South Park Fan View Post
    I suppose he is correct by default.
    How so?

If we follow the official line, then OKC and a few people here and there are still less than 300 deaths.

Take the other hand, and you end up with over 3000 in less than 10 years, or a greater than 10 to 1 ratio toward Islamic extremists, unless the SPLC are 9/11 truthers .....
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post

Maybe he is talking about those "radical right" kooks?
    Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as, or even to believe that he and Nichols were the alleged masterminds.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    ...a greater than 10 to 1 ratio toward Islamic extremists....
    You're both using logic, the thread is about TV.

Last edited by Indy Vidual; 03-07-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The only "terrorists" I'm concerned about are mostly concentrated in a 50 mile circle of swamps on the Potomac river.
    Hear, hear! Groups like the SPLC, and the entire Federal National Security apparatus make their wages whipping the American people into a frenzy of unreasoning fear. These groups are the main users of fear to obtain political ends in this country - the very definition of terrorism.
    Last edited by Inkblots; 03-08-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Patriots don't kill innocent women and children. I still don't know what to classify McVeigh as, or even to believe that he and Nichols were the alleged masterminds.
    Unless you have evidence he did not do it, you classify him as a terrorist. What was done there was outrageous and despicable.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Hear, hear! Groups like the SPLC, and the entire Federal National Security apparatus make their wages whipping the American people into a frenzy of unreasoning fear. These groups are the main users of fear to obtain political ends in this country - the very definition of terrorism.
    Hear, hear!
    FJB

Yea, I'm the same way. There is simply too much that doesn't add up vis-a-vis OKC and McVeigh/Nichols. I have no illusions that the Feds wouldn't have withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense team and the jury.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post

Clinton?
    I wouldn't consider him to be "radical right".

OKC was a government run Op.
    McVeigh was a government soldier, with NO ties to any Patriot group.
    He was run off from several.
    And he was only a bit player. the designated decoy/patsy.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-08-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

These are the same people who basically called th Oath Keepers a hate group. It's getting very hard to take them seriously anymore. SPLC has very little to do with the South, poverty, or even anti-racism and everything to do with expansion of federal powers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish Mark Potok would watch this clip

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."