Thread: Obama Impeachment: Right and Left joining forces ?

Banned

Blog Entries

Exclamation Obama Impeachment: Right and Left joining forces ?

Newt had used the impeachment word few days ago too. Is Obama impeachment gaining traction?

March 02, 2011

House Republican Utters Impeachment
    A Republican congressman has told a left-leaning blog that if there is collective support, he would favor the impeachment of Barack Obama over his decision to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act.

Right is not happy about DOMA, massive Obama spending, decreasing liberties and gropings.
    Left is not happy about Obama's wars in Afghanistan/Iraq, killing of innocent civilians by drone attacks, decreasing liberties and gropings. Obama veto of UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements would further drain his support.

Do you see Obama impeachment in forseeable future?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO, he still has a LOT of support, more than you could fathom.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    Among conservatives, liberals, neocons?

Other than neocons, hard to see strong support for him in other ideological camps. People are hesitant now even being called "democrats", a far cry from just couple of years ago/

just look at the polls he still has like 45-46% favorablity

Banned

Blog Entries
    just look at the polls he still has like 45-46% favorablity
    What was Clinton favorability rating at the time he got impeachment proceedings started against him?

Found it, it was more than 10 points higher than Obama's current approval rating:

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Bill Clinton is handling his job as president?

Approve

98 Jan 6-7 59%

1997 56%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116584/pr...l-clinton.aspx
    Last edited by doodle; 03-04-2011 at 05:28 PM.

never happen... too many zombies worship him and does it really matter? It was a complete waste of taxpayer money/resources on Bill Clinton. He continued to lied, he's remained famous, his fatass wife stuck with him, and wealthier than ever.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I dont see it getting far unless theres some more terrible $#@! to come out of this adminstration.

This will only give him more support.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. Of all the things to potentially impeach him for, DOMA is the one that has the most traction.

Yep, Tea Party is an abject failure.

Why take the effort in impeaching him when he'll just be replaced by someone just as bad?
    Last edited by Zatch; 03-04-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatch View Post
    Why take the effort in impeaching him when he'll just be replaced by someone just as bad?
    So there is no point of holding elections either right?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    never happen... too many zombies worship him and does it really matter? It was a complete waste of taxpayer money/resources on Bill Clinton. He continued to lied, he's remained famous, his fatass wife stuck with him, and wealthier than ever.

True, but zombies are far far less now than they were couple of years ago. Even liberal Helen Thomas called Obama a "coward" and "non-liberal" in interview posted in FP.

Costs compared to what we are spending in Iraq, Afghanistan would be negligible. Neocons are under pressure and on the run, this could create an opportunity for anti Obama activists.

Especially impeaching him for one of the very few good things he's done. Jesus Christ.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madfoot View Post
    Especially impeaching him for one of the very few good things he's done. Jesus Christ.
    Of the things he has done, does the bad outweigh the good or the converse is true?

Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    So there is no point of holding elections either right?
    No, it's just not worth the effort to impeach and have him replaced by Biden. Better to just wait for the election, in my opinion.

Banned

Blog Entries
    No, it's just not worth the effort to impeach and have him replaced by Biden. Better to just wait for the election, in my opinion.
    You are not concerned how many more American lives will be lost in mismanaged wars without a clear purpose, how many more 100s of billions will be spent with no return for American people, how many more innocent people will be killed by drone attacks, how many more Israeli settlements would be built on occupied palestinian land with Obama veto protection and how many more Americans' children will be forced to undress at airports by Obama agencies by the time there is a Change?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone remember Dennis Kucinich on the floor of congress reading a LONG call for the impeachment of G.W. Bush in 2008?
    http://www.stinkfight.com/2008/06/09...ing-impeached/
    I was really excited about it. Didn't even make the news. Not the mainstream news, not even the fake news, like Colbert and Stewart. I was amazed.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by April1775 View Post
    Does anyone remember Dennis Kucinich on the floor of congress reading a LONG call for the impeachment of G.W. Bush in 2008?
    http://www.stinkfight.com/2008/06/09...ing-impeached/
    I was really excited about it. Didn't even make the news. Not the mainstream news, not even the fake news, like Colbert and Stewart. I was amazed.
    Wow, can you imagine MSM and pro war lobby outcry if someome drew a semi naked sketch of Obama like that Bush sketch?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Other than neocons, a shrinking section of democrats, and Israeli lobbysts, not much support for Obama. Besides his puppet masters.

This. You never know, under Biden the country could shift in a positive direction (at least artificially) and be enough for Biden to win the 2012 election. Then, MORE of the same shenanigans.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Although Obama may be a plant of neocons, is it wise to impeach a sitting President just because his policies might be bad for American liberties?

Nearly Half of GOP Support Impeaching Obama
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/in-the-aggr...eaching-obama/

Wouldn't the point of impeaching Obama be that other presidents would be afraid to go to war without congressional approval, not because Biden would be better then Obama(which he would not be)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Wouldn't the point of impeaching Obama be that other presidents would be afraid to go to war without congressional approval, not because Biden would be better then Obama(which he would not be)?
    Yes. Such an action could potentially help us by setting up a precedent.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Public opinion doesn't matter. Nearly everyone in Congress (Dem and Rep) is united behind Obama in his new war.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd like to know where they come up with the samples from those 'favorability polls.' I suppose it's possible, but come on. Are there really almost half of the American people who think any president does a good job?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'd like to know where they come up with the samples from those 'favorability polls.' I suppose it's possible, but come on. Are there really almost half of the American people who think any president does a good job?
    The Ministry of Truth?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Public opinion doesn't matter. Nearly everyone in Congress (Dem and Rep) is united behind Obama in his new war.
    That ^^^

The public outcry against the bankster bailout was huge, massive, never before seen, in ratios of a 1000 to one against.

They went right the $#@! ahead and did it anyway.