Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newt launches website to accept donations for 2012 run

Newt launches website to accept donations for 2012 run

newtexplore2012.com

He wants to hear from you. There's a webform where you can offer him suggestions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will he accept my donation of a nicely wrapped turd?

My suggestion:

"For a lovely addition to any meal, try bacon!"

Newt must be destroyed!

Attack countdown sequence has now been initiated:

ATTACK!!!!!!

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

This was my suggestion:

"I would love to see you run Newt, however I am concerned that the Republican base is moving toward Ron Paul. I'm not sure you will be able to garnish the support if Dr. Paul runs"

Get ready to Slam on Newt Gingrich. The Tools you need!

The Real Newt Gingrich - Get the DVD!

2009 - Newt Gingrich: The Establishment’s Conservative
    Self-proclaimed conservative Newt Gingrich could be the next Republican candidate for President, but with his unconstitutional track record, will he be right for America? By Rebecca Terrell

2011 - Newt Gingrich's Environmentalism Hurts Him at CPAC
    Newt Gingrich's radical environmental record resulted in a dismal performance in the CPAC straw poll. by Daniel Sayani

Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi Agree on Global Warming / Climate Change
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-NIbZXNRns

Newt Gingrich, The Grinch Who Stole Conservatism
    http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=1997
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Get ready to Slam on Newt Gingrich. The Tools you need!
    This needs to be shown to as many Republican Primary voters as possible:
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I wonder what the processing fees are for CC donations? I'll donate all day long ...
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    --------------i am being nice ----------------
    --------------here is my 2 cents -------------
    ----NEWT's EGO has to be ONE BIG EGO!-------
    i have just tossed my own humble two cents in

--------------- i am being nice ----------------
    today i have spent several minutes thinking about
    ----NEWT and his ONE BIG CONCEITED EGO-----

--------------- enuff said ---------------------

Someone should do a similar Newt Campaign website... url parity, bombs/wars, philandering, Fascist campaign points. Oops, appears someone has jumped on one of my ideas!

Roemer 'hijacks' Newt website
    3/4/11 10:52 AM EST Updated: 3/4/11 12:17 PM EST

Buddy Roemer is trying to get a piece of Newt Gingrich's online action.
    Continue Reading

Transpose the words in the URL for Newt Gingrich's exploratory website, and you won't get Newt. Newt Gingrich's exploratory website can be found at NewtExplore2012.com, but if you navigate to ExploreNewt2012.com, you'll get Roemer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    Newt must be destroyed!

Attack countdown sequence has now been initiated:

ATTACK!!!!!!

TMike
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 03-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Great article on Newt's fundraising capabilities and where the money goes:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/50335.html

It seems like he lives off his donations.

Id rather burn my money

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    This was my suggestion:

"I would love to see you run Newt, however I am concerned that the Republican base is moving toward Ron Paul. I'm not sure you will be able to garnish the support if Dr. Paul runs"
    sending messages like that is just going to encourage him to run...

Newt Gingrich is Pure Evil

Apparently, government check points, forced blood tests, drone spies, molestations, and extraction of your DNA still represents way too much freedom in America. So the tyrant Newt Gingrich, wants Singapore-style drug tests for each and every American too!

In Newt's world you see, everyone is a suspect, everyone is guilty, and everyone must submit to their Ruling Class Betters. And all this time you probably thought it was Osama bin Laden who hated your freedom. Suckers. Because it's schmucks like Newt Gingrich who, well, not only hates your freedom, but just plain hates you!
    Though the right wingers will love it.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

http://www.facebook.com/NewtExplore2012?sk=wall

Please join me in educating the facebook users on Newt's 2012 page!

Simply 'like' the page to post a comment and then, if you don't want to give the impression that you support Newt, just 'unlike' after you make your posts.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Newt Gingrich is Pure Evil

Though the right wingers will love it.
    What makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Because the right loves the War on (Some) Drugs.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Because the right loves the War on (Some) Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    --Albert J. Nock

Where is Anonymous when you need them.

You're kidding, right?
    No. If you have a serious reason for thinking that based on some kind of evidence, I'd really like to see it.

They come out with polls from time to time asking voters of various political orientations what issues they think are most important. I don't ever recall seeing conservatives rate the war on drugs anywhere in the top ten. Do you?

http://www.facebook.com/NewtExplore2012?sk=wall

Please join me in educating the facebook users on Newt's 2012 page!

Simply 'like' the page to post a comment and then, if you don't want to give the impression that you support Newt, just 'unlike' after you make your posts.

erowe1, the war on substances and sick people marches on. Gary Johnson gets booed by conservatives every time he mentions legalizing marijuana and ending the WoD. I read RW blogs and a vast majority of them and their commenters support prohibition. Cato's Rittgers recently scolded the social conservatives for using the commerce clause to wage it. They may concede it's a failure, but they don't want to end the federal WoD or legalize or even decriminalize. Please, show me some evidence that I'm wrong. It would make me very happy!

RileyE104, I'm so sorry! I went to his FB page, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-04-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    erowe1, the war on substances and sick people marches on.
    But why? Is it because of conservatives? If so, I haven't noticed that. Like I said, if you have evidence for that, I'd like to see it. The biggest drug warriors I usually see are moderates. Newt's a perfect example. Rudy Giuliani and Romney are too. People far to the right of them, like Tom Tancredo, Pat Robertson, Pat Buchanan, George Will, William F. Buckley, and Ron and Rand Paul all have come out against it. Even Huckabee, who's at least conservative on social issues, if nothing else, is more ambivalent on the war on drugs than most of the more socially liberal Republicans are.

Any time I see someone on TV touting how great drug laws are, it's always some law-and-order type--a district attorney, or a cop, or something. It's never someone who's known as a conservative on the issues overall. Among pundits, the one I've heard most vocally in favor of the drug war is the centrist, Bill O'Reilly. You don't hear Limbaugh, Beck, or Hannitty getting too excited about it. If you go to the website of any avowedly conservative group and look through all the information, articles, blog posts, or whatever, and take note of what political issues they care about, I don't think you'll see the war on drugs in any of them.

That Rittgers article is directed against Republicans in Congress (and it's a stretch to call them conservative--but for the sake of argument I'll play along), not ordinary conservative people who care about issues more than campaign funds. If you were to look behind the curtain and see why those politicians (and it's not just Republicans) support the drug war, and whose approval they're trying to get, you'll find that it's not their issues-oriented constituents they're trying to curry favor with, it's other special interest groups who have particular vested interests in the drug war.

Is it possible that the reason you say conservatives love the war on drugs is because you've heard it repeated so many times that you take it for granted as conventional wisdom?

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that in the Supreme Court case Rittgers mentioned, the 5 justices who agreed most strongly with the pro-drug war position were the 5 most liberal ones (Stevens, Kennedy, Souter, Ginsberg, and Breyer). Renquist, O'Connor, and Thomas all dissented, and Scalia took a middle position. If all those conservatives out there who you think love the drug war so much responded to that by cheering on the liberal justices and chiding the conservative ones for betraying them, I missed it.
    Last edited by erowe1; 03-04-2011 at 03:05 PM.

RileyE104, I'm so sorry! I went to his FB page, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
    Your help would HELP! lol

Posted on Newt's 2012 wall:

I have a question: How do you expect our government's budget to be balanced and spending to be cut without reigning in the empire we have built overseas through the use of an interventionist foreign policy? I'm all for cutting entitlement and welfare spending, but it's time that we cut wasteful military and warfare spending ALSO. It distracts us from actually having a strong national defense.

erowe1, stop splitting hairs. And I gave you several examples. Of course actual sm. govt conservatives and libertarians oppose the WoD. Necons, socons and the majority of Republicans in CONgress (BIRM) support it.

RileyE104, I'll try! Great comment!
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-04-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

erowe1, stop splitting hairs. Of course actual sm. govt conservatives and libertarians oppose the WoD. Necons, socons and the majority of Republicans in CONgress (BIRM) support it.
    I understand why you say that about the majority of Republicans in Congress, for the reason I mentioned (which has nothing to do with any form of conservatism). But why do you add socons? For that matter, why even add neocons? As far as I can tell, support for the war on drugs is not a big part of the agenda of any non-office holding people or groups that are associated with either social conservatism or neoconservatism. Am I wrong about that?

And it seemed like when you mentioned that Newt's stance would be popular with right wingers, you meant conservative voters. Did you actually only mean moderate Republicans in Congress? If that's all you meant, then I agree.
    Last edited by erowe1; 03-04-2011 at 03:16 PM.

::bangs head on desk:: erowe1, is the conservative (of any stripe but the libertarian faction) agenda to end it?

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Pot-Le...ea-Party-Rally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMqZmXe4ME (4:16 mark)
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-04-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Matt Collins... you are funny. Global Warming

PS: There's a lot of great/funny statements on that page... yeah Newt the FONY, is just a FASCIST. lol
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 03-04-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast