Thread: How to Convert a Christian (to Ron Paul)

How to Convert a Christian (to Ron Paul)

I'm come from an Evangelical Christian perspective on this and if you're not a Christian you may not have thought of things this way. Warning this is a long post, so if you don't care to "witness" to Christians then you can disregard this thread. I particularly am addressing how Ron Paul's policies can allow Christians to better pursue Christian objectives. If you don't approve of Christian objectives and you want to criticize me for appealing to those objectives know that in many swing states the Christian vote can and will determine who gets elected [as admittedly that ought not be]. Moreover, if you wish to criticize Christian objectives this is not the right place (there's a hot topics forum for that), since I'm not even promoting Christian objectives here I am pointing out ways to convert a Christian (to Ron Paul). I'd also like to hear constructive criticism on this, to be able to promote a strategy guide for reaching out to those Pro-War Christians can be enormously beneficial.

1. Distinguish Ron Paul from Liberals by pointing out his Conservative Voting Record and length of time in Congress.
    2. Point out his work done to promote the Pro-Life cause (rejecting Roe v. Wade) (congressional bills and stuff)
    3. Point out the fact that he made Christ his Lord and Savior at a Billy Graham Rally and still calls Him that to this day.
    4. He has two brothers who are ministers one is a Lutheran and one is a Methodist and intended on becoming a minister himself at one point.
    5. Point out the detrimental effects of US Foreign policy on the ability of people to do missionary work in the Middle East and the rest of the world.
    5a) This is a more subtle point which may need a little explanation for a Christian not in the know and it revolves around the fact that a principle in Evangelism which is almost universally recognized is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a stumbling block for many people in and of itself, any other barriers if they can be torn down must be and is essential for effective missionary work.
    5b) Many people around the world despise the United States for uplifting the Israelites and neglecting the plight of the Palestinians.
    5c) The unChurched world looks at the United States as an imperialist power with it's only regard to being to it's own selfish gain... something which when American missionaries come and try to share a gospel of free grace comes off as at best as hypocritical and at worst a manipulative ploy.
    6. Just War Theory can help get a Christian to recognize that the war was a bad idea in the first place, it cannot get them to make the conclusion that the occupation will not succeed against the insurgency.
    6a) I recommend trying to get them to think of any time in history where an occupation has succeeded against an insurgency without resorting to genocide or forcing the insurgents into slavery.
    7. Ron Paul has a view about homosexuality which is entirely consistent with Christianity which is that they as a group deserve no special rights, it is only individuals who can be granted rights... to do otherwise is detrimental to the idea of freedom and equality.
    8. As to Charity Christ appealed to individuals to be generous and humanitarian towards their fellow brothers... not once did he make a point that the Roman government has a responsibility to do it. That would have just been another excuse for people not to help their fellow humans.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    ok so any chance you would write up an email or fact sheet to send out to christian friends

lol theres a google ad that says "Overcome Masturbation" - Christian, Biblical, Confidential Online interactive private ministry

You can also provide a person a copy of Ron Paul's 'Statement of Faith'

Click here: http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

CBN'S David Brody has written some good articles about Ron, which have served as a segue for MY mom.

Their reporter was filming all our Tyvek banners this Sunday in Orlando and the cameraman said I could thank Brody on tape, which I did and I also thanked Pat Robertson and told him "We need you!"
    Last edited by ButchHowdy; 10-23-2007 at 08:51 PM.

There is also no other person running for president who has even taken the time to fill out an official statement of faith (Probably because they don't want to be pinned down to any kind of ideology).

I knew about the Lutheran minister brother. But are you sure he has another minister brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Corydoras View Post
    I knew about the Lutheran minister brother. But are you sure he has another minister brother?
    I've got an updated Statement of faith... Straight from Drew Ivers ... managing the Ron Paul Campaign for the State of Iowa. It mentions his other brother who is a minister.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmicwag View Post
    Pray.
    I agree Christians ought to pray about their nation (that this nation will smarten up and recognize who is the right man to lead us), but if a person isn't a Christian I hardly believe they'll pray, but they may use these points to appeal to a Christian who is misinformed or undecided when it comes to voting for Dr. Paul.

I am a Christian and I would vote for Ron Paul even if he was not a Christian just because of his stance on the issues. That is what matters for leading the nation. Of course being a Christian doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    You can also provide a person a copy of Ron Paul's 'Statement of Faith'
    Yes- in Nashville we are flyering church parking lots with this paper on Sunday mornings.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

evadmurd

Thanks, Josh for providing that document. That hit the spot.