Thread: Constitutional Carry Threatened in Wyoming by Veto!

Constitutional Carry Threatened in Wyoming by Veto!

Constitutional Carry threatened by Governor's Veto!

As you know, the Jenning-Jaggi Constitutional Carry bill has passed through the Wyoming legislature with overwhelming numbers and is currently sitting on Governor Matt Mead’s desk for his signature or veto.

But, as I write this alert, anti-gun forces are mobilizing to push Gov. Mead to veto the legislation.

I just got word that several organizations are right now banging the gong for a Governor’s veto -- and Gov. Mead might topple under their effort.

Sadly, we already know that Gov. Mead is on the fence about the Constitutional Carry bill. According to the Chicago Tribune, Mead's staff is saying that the Governor is still undecided about this common-sense legislation that passed overwhelmingly through the Wyoming legislature.

All of your hard work to pass this bill could be torpedoed by Governor Matt Mead if you and I do not take action today, right now -- literally, there is not a minute to waste.

There are three simple, easy steps that you can take to make the difference with Gov. Mead.

1) Call the Governor's office at (307) 777 - 7434 and urge him to sign this widely supported, common sense legislation.

2) Click this link,http://governor.wy.gov/contactus/Pages/default.aspx and use the contact form to email the Governor as well. If you need help with what to say, click here for a sample you can cut and paste.

3) Finally, make sure you forward this to as many pro-gun friends as you have. I know I have more than a few of them, and I bet you do too.

Governor Mead could make a decision about Constitutional Carry at any moment so there isn't a moment to lose. PLEASE Act now!
    "In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sent an e-mail to Mr. Mead yesterday.

It looks as though he IS going to sign this today - it would be political suicide to do otherwise...that was the bulk of his campaign platform...
    "In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." ~ Mark Twain

Bump for WYOites. Jam those phone lines, y'all! The world is watching Wyoming right now, and we like what we see!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Are there enough votes to override a veto?

Constitutional carry passes in wyoming!!!

Governor signs Constitutional Carry in Wyoming

This afternoon, I watched as Governor Mead signed Constitutional Carry into law while saying his office had been clogged with emails and phone calls from people demanding he sign the Jennings-Jaggi Constitutional Carry bill.

Even though so called "political experts" say your activism doesn't matter, today's events show who has the real power in politics... You!

The anti-gun crowd fought this legislation every step of the way. The plain and simple truth is when push came to shove, it was your phone calls and emails that pushed this freedom-restoring bill through the legislature.

This legislation marks a fantastic first step toward restoring your right to self-defense in Wyoming. Now is the time for us to forge ahead and repeal the numerous criminal safe zones in Wyoming.

Even though the Jennings-Jaggi bill has made it possible to carry a firearm without going through a laborious permit process, we are still a long way from being done.

Wyomingites are still not allowed to defend themselves in their places of worship, where they teach their children, or even when out to eat with their family. That is simply wrong.

Our Constitution doesn't come with a list of places where our rights no longer apply. That's why Wyoming Gun Owners' number one priority is eliminating these places where criminals are armed, but the law demands you to be unarmed.

I honestly want you to take a minute and think about the power your actions had in passing Constitutional Carry in Wyoming. It's an unquestionably great achievement, and it is because men and women like you across Wyoming got involved. You deserve to feel good about that.
    Excerpt from WyomingGunOwners.org - Anthony Bouchard

WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR LIBERTY & WYOMING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WyoLiberty View Post
    Excerpt from WyomingGunOwners.org - Anthony Bouchard

WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR LIBERTY & WYOMING!!!!
    That just inspired me more and gave me the chills. Thank you so much for posting that. Today has been a great day for us!!
    Last edited by ds21089; 03-02-2011 at 08:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're very welcome!

FANTASTIC news!!! Congratulations, liberty-lovers of Wyoming. You've just made history!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me