Thread: My letter to American Legion Magazine

My letter to American Legion Magazine

Which I have been notified will be published in the next issue

In response to an article in the previous issue regarding the confiscation of holy talisman tobacco pouches by drill instructors when members of the Ho-chunk tribe go to basic training, and by commanders when housed in Barracks.

To the editor:

We can argue all day about the justification for confiscating these menís tobacco pouches, but you can expect it to continue as long as our Government continues to ban any natural substance whether it be tobacco, marijuana, hemp, shrooms, coco leaves, poppies, etc.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which there is the fruit yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Besides being an affront to God, our war on drugs is also bad economic policy costing American taxpayers $41.3 billion/year. It is also bad crime policy as any prohibition shows that the prohibited item doesnít stop being available. Itís suppliers just become blackmarket crime lords who have no problem dealing to children instead of responsible shopkeepers.

I hope this lesson encourages the Ho-Chunk tribe to fight for an end to the War on Drugs, and the unconstitutional federal agency, the DEA.

Cpt Jack
    Wonder what response I'll get...
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're getting a good one from me. Think I'd have said something about freedom of religion as well, as that's what the pouches are basically about. But then, that's why my letters tend to run long...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Van Dyke
    Last night CNN International CNN gave me ten minutes live to talk about Bernie Sanders who has been scantily covered by them in favor of the Donald J. Trump circus. It was pre-empted completely to cover another outburst by Trump. This pandering to the scandal hungry public is a total lack of responsible journalism. I accuse CNN of extreme bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Ron is wrong...

The article already covered the freedom of religion aspect, but failed to recognize that the problem wasn't a lack of religious respect, but a no-tolerance drug war policy.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

+ rep

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    why were they taking them?
    They were afraid some redneck having snuff withdrawal would dip them.

Indians have been awfully good to the armed forces over the generations. Hope this helps drive a wedge in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Van Dyke
    Last night CNN International CNN gave me ten minutes live to talk about Bernie Sanders who has been scantily covered by them in favor of the Donald J. Trump circus. It was pre-empted completely to cover another outburst by Trump. This pandering to the scandal hungry public is a total lack of responsible journalism. I accuse CNN of extreme bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Ron is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    why were they taking them?
    Mistaken for marijuana. Uncured tobacco is green, like dope, not brown like cigarette stuffing.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    Mistaken for marijuana. Uncured tobacco is green, like dope, not brown like cigarette stuffing.
    morons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They cut so much out of my letter when they printed it as to lose all the most important arguments, and they edited it and turned the meaning of one sentence backwards by adding a word.

Pretty disappointing.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    They cut so much out of my letter when they printed it as to lose all the most important arguments, and they edited it and turned the meaning of one sentence backwards by adding a word.

Pretty disappointing.
    Copy to compare?

I remember during AF technical school, they didn't let us use tobacco... weird.

I second the request for the edited version.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I second the request for the edited version.
    The war on drugs is bad economic policy, costing U.S. taxpayers $41.3 billion/year. And it is bad crime policy, as any prohibition shows that the prohibited item doesn’t stop being available. It’s suppliers just become blackmarket crime lords who have no problem dealing to children instead of to responsible shopkeepers.

I hope this encourages the Ho-Chunk Nation to fight for an end to the War on Drugs, and the unconstitutional DEA.
    CPT Jack. R. T.