Thread: Mike Church says Yes to ConCon and no to Moffett's opposition to Senator Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dammit. I wish they would quit building this issue up into something.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Well, at least conservatives are talking about the Constitution again.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Balanced budget amendment is a big issue.
    What I don't get is why Sen. Paul praises the parasites in Frankfort, acting like they balance-the-budet. They do not! They issues bonds; rob from funds; borrow money from Medicaid 2012 for Medicaid 2011. Is Rand simply being intellectually dishonest ignoring these facts?
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Balanced budget amendment is a big issue.
    I don't really think so, but I understand why Rand does, and I support him in that. Not this method of getting it, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    What I don't get is why Sen. Paul praises the parasites in Frankfort, acting like they balance-the-budet. They do not! They issues bonds; rob from funds; borrow money from Medicaid 2012 for Medicaid 2011. Is Rand simply being intellectually dishonest ignoring these facts?
    I think that is called 'marketing' if you like it or 'pandering' if you don't.

You were the one making the point the other day how much more effective this style of delivery makes Rand over his father.

It is the classic 'they should be just as good as you guys already are!' approach to selling his position.

why are our people pushing for a Con-Con now?!?!?!!?!@? I will defect if they pull this $#@!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    why are our people pushing for a Con-Con now?!?!?!!?!@? I will defect if they pull this $#@!
    The House is going to kill it. It is Dem controlled. If they don't, we can worry about it then. If you are in KY, you can write your House member, otherwise there is nothing to be done at the moment. I'm against it as well, but I don't want to undermine Rand's effectiveness. I think this was a detour, and what he really wants is Mike Lee's budget amendment passed in the US Congress. He either was sold the idea, or came up with it himself, that doing this would put pressure on US congress. I think it is too risky, but we first learned he was thinking about it when he had already committed to go with Williams in front of the KY Senate to ask for it, and that was already too late to prevent yesterday's series of actions. If we don't blow it up, I am hoping it will go away.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-23-2011 at 01:14 PM.

I think people need to calm down with the JBS fear.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Whats wrong with the constitution and powers reserved to the states to oppose an repressive federal government?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Whats wrong with the constitution and powers reserved to the states to oppose an repressive federal government?
    You are assuming that would happen. I am assuming there has long since been 'capture' and the state govts just yearn to grow to be fed politicians. And will increase centralized power.

Don't forget folks that the establishment media hacks are trying to create a FAKE divide between Rand Paul and Phil Moffett. This hack article is to help the establishment stay in power in KY. Rand Paul didn't ask Phil Moffett to introduce him at CPAC because they are at odds, quite the opposite! Phil Moffett was instrumental in helping get the Tea Party support for Rand Paul in KY and he is a Liberty guy through and through. Phil Moffett is all for Nullification and the exercising the 10th Amendment as is both Dr. Paul's. Ron Paul does not support a Con Con. Also, Mike Church likes Phil Moffett...

Rand Paul "My prediction is there will never be a Constitutional Convention in this country, but if you get close you will force them to do the right thing and they will vote for it" In other words Paul wants to scare DC into cutting spending with this move. A game of chess by Dr. Paul.
    link min 1:16
    http://www.wave3.com/category/195955...clipFormat=flv

Phil Moffett "I don't think it will split the Tea Party at all, the Tea Party understands that a Con Con is a bad idea and I think Dr. Paul understands that as well"
    link min 1:45 http://www.fox41.com/story/14075726/...federal-budget

Mike Church "I am not the one talking down to my other, other friend Phil Moffett whom I met at CPAC and like a lot. Phil just needs to see the light on an Article V and KY sovereignty."
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/T..._t=share_reply

Ron Paul "Thank you for expressing your concern that attempting to roll back the dangerous expansion of government power through constitutional amendment will bring about a constitutional convention. You are indeed correct that a modern constitutional convention, given today's political climate, would be dangerous to liberty by leaving us open to sudden, sweeping change in our government."

http://targetfreedom.com/bills-in-co...al-convention/
    Last edited by Tangoland; 02-24-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Lol @ mike church talking about the threat of islamofascism at cpac

And I gave a big thumbs down when he mentioned this $#@! down there

Quote Originally Posted by Tangoland View Post
    Phil Moffett was instrumental in helping get the Tea Party support for Rand Paul in KY
    Interesting, other people here have stated otherwise and he only ended up donating near the end of the primary because he wanted to meet Palin.
    Can you provide information to the contrary?

@specsaregood

other people have stated what? Do those other people have proof? I can point to Rand Paul having Phil Moffett introduce him at CPAC being a significant gesture of appreciation.
    Last edited by Tangoland; 02-24-2011 at 09:51 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @specsaregood

other people have stated what? Do those other people have proof? I can point to Rand Paul having Phil Moffett introduce him at CPAC being a significant gesture of appreciation.
    I can point to him being absent at primary events and FEC reports that show he waited till after the primary. Also, a working knowledge he had the opportunity to help and passed.

@specsaregood
    other people have stated what? Do those other people have proof?
    They are all locals. And i just know what i have read here.

Besides that, if he was so "instrumental in helping get the Tea Party support for Rand Paul in KY" I would have expected his name to have come up at least once here during the primary season. But the first mention I see of his name on this board is when Adams was rumored as going to work for him at the end of july/beginning of August, after the primary.

I can point to Rand Paul having Phil Moffett introduce him at CPAC being a significant gesture of appreciation.
    That takes a bit of a leap to a conclusion. There a number of possible reasons for that, which would have nothing to do with him bringing tea party support to Rand.

But hey, I don't know that is why I asked for some evidence of his support.

Here are his thoughts on it:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst