Thread: Nassau County, FL Meetup Group: Ron Paul 2012!

Nassau County, FL Meetup Group: Ron Paul 2012!

Hello, fellow Floridians!

My fiance and I have created a Meetup group entitled "Ron Paul 2012 Nassau County FL" on Meetup.com that can be found here: http://www.meetup.com/Ron-Paul-2012-...unty-FL/about/

We searched and searched and could not find a Ron Paul 2012 group in our area (Yulee), so we just decided to take the plunge and make one! If any of you know someone in the Nassau County area (Hilliard, Callahan, Yulee, Fernandina Beach), please pass the link on to them. Or, even better, if you live in Nassau County, come join us! We'll be creating a Facebook and Twitter page shortly that will be linked directly from the Meetup.com page.

Come join us as we support Ron Paul throughout 2011 and 2012!

Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been doing some research on the groups already active in Nassau County and it appears as though there is a large Tea Party presence that has been co-opted.

They are anti-Islam, small government, pro-intervention conservatives, I guess Neocon-lite or Palinites in the Tea Party nomenclature.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Hello, fellow Floridians!

My fiance and I have created a Meetup group entitled "Ron Paul 2012 Nassau County FL" on Meetup.com that can be found here: http://www.meetup.com/Ron-Paul-2012-...unty-FL/about/

We searched and searched and could not find a Ron Paul 2012 group in our area (Yulee), so we just decided to take the plunge and make one! If any of you know someone in the Nassau County area (Hilliard, Callahan, Yulee, Fernandina Beach), please pass the link on to them. Or, even better, if you live in Nassau County, come join us! We'll be creating a Facebook and Twitter page shortly that will be linked directly from the Meetup.com page.

Come join us as we support Ron Paul throughout 2011 and 2012!

Thanks!
    RPF member romacox is up that way

We're working on setting up a date and time for the first meetup. There is still time to help us plan this out, just join the meetup group listed in the first post.

Hey again everyone! We've expanded our network to Facebook and Twitter!

http://www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleZooandGardens?v=app_7146470109#!/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-Nassau-County-FL/105296736216212

^Facebook

http://twitter.com/#!/RonPaulNassauFL
    ^Twitter

If you're in Nassau County, come join us.

And... about what Bobster said about the local co-opted Tea Party... yeah, they are pretty scary. They may have given the Tea Party a really bad name out in our area. Could be difficult to make headway. So, the more the better!

What We're Planning
    A series of local events to support the large fundraisers planned here on the forums in addition to regular marketing to help increase awareness about the message Ron Paul sends and why people in our area should vote for him. In addition to meetings and distributing pamphlets, fliers, etc., we also plan to do some community service out at the beach in Fernandina and around town. We believe that increasing Ron's reputation in our area is contingent upon doing good deeds and being respectful of our neighbors and community. We're always open to suggestions and people from all walks of life.