Thread: Rand will be on Good Morning America today (Wednesday morning)

Rand will be on Good Morning America today (Wednesday morning)

Last edited by jct74; 02-24-2011 at 10:41 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

I really hope it's soon. That way I don't have to watch this joke of a show long.

My respect for Rand Paul goes up every time I see him interviewed. His answers were excellent - clear, concise & to the point. I especially liked how he handled the question at the end about possible intervention in Libya.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Any tubes yet?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just watched the vid.. Rand is getting very good at not falling for the trick question and coming back with a very diplomatic answer. He's Looking better every day for a Presidential run at some point.

He handled it well. I just find these 'sound bite and no more' interview formats to be rather frustrating.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Any tubes yet?
    here you go

I can't put into words how inspiring he is to me.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

He is getting better and better every time!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

A very fair interview, and very well handled.

Well done Sen. Paul!
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

He's going to be president one day.

I can't wait till Rand starts the deliberative process on Afghanistan and foreign policy in the Senate

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    where does he get the 87,000 number

I would love a link to this
    Buy a house from me www.jg.remax.com

Quote Originally Posted by remaxjon View Post

Yeah, I'm sure we're going to hear about that. I'm sure he got it from somewhere legitimate, but comments to the article on this are already sprouting rebuttals on that point.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    here you go

Thanks man!

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by remaxjon View Post

http://maciverinstitute.com/2010/03/...tops-100kyear/

Yeah, I didn't even see the interview this morning and when I got to school, teachers were pissed off at that $87,000 comment. Otherwise they said it was a great interview.
    @KevinYeaux on Twitter
    Baton Rouge-area coordinator, Campaign for Liberty
    Host & Executive Producer, Yeaux in the Morning

Was anyone else dissatisfied with his statement that "I would be mad if my kid's teachers were in the capital instead of teaching my kids". I mean, are they only supposed to be able to have redress of their grievances during spring and summer break?

I also didn't like his non statement on whether teachers should have the right to collectively bargain. I think this is another issue he may not have fully thought through yet, like with the civil rights act.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    Was anyone else dissatisfied with his statement that "I would be mad if my kid's teachers were in the capital instead of teaching my kids". I mean, are they only supposed to be able to have redress of their grievances during spring and summer break?

I also didn't like his non statement on whether teachers should have the right to collectively bargain. I think this is another issue he may not have fully thought through yet, like with the civil rights act.
    I'm with him on this. Teachers are allowed to protest but, they are also able to skip work and not be fired because of union contracts. The Teachers union is awful.

I wasn't. If I hire someone, let it be a teacher or a technician or whatever, I want him to do the work for which I hire him. If he doesn't, I would fire him/her if I can.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think he has said people have a right to voluntary association, but not to make other employees join their union, for example, as the price of getting a job.

Maybe I'm thinking of his chief of staff....

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think he has said people have a right to voluntary association, but not to make other employees join their union, for example, as the price of getting a job.

Maybe I'm thinking of his chief of staff....
    I agree with that. I don't understand why he's afraid to say it though.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

I agree with that. I don't understand why he's afraid to say it though.
    They don't give him time for any nuance. I think he is a little shy of soundbite traps.