Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Mitt Romney and Ron Paul Quotes For Slim Jims DOOR TO DOOR BABY!

Need Mitt Romney and Ron Paul Quotes For Slim Jims DOOR TO DOOR BABY!

Looking for big government quotes, with sources, from Mitt "I Like Mandates" Romney with matching quotes for limited government from Ron Paul for slim jims.

I would like quotes that focus on issues that OLDER mainstream/tea party republicans can agree with.

But go ahead and throw in things that could draw independents to Ron Pauls side of the issues as well. But mainly my groups focus is getting Republicans to back Ron Paul.

Main focus of Heathcare and Gun Rights.

Gearing up for door to door in New Hampshire!
    Last edited by ItsTime; 02-23-2011 at 09:26 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Looking for big government quotes, with sources, from Mitt "I Like Mandates" Romney with matching quotes for limited government from Ron Paul for slim jims.

I would like quotes that focus on issues that OLDER mainstream/tea party republicans can agree with.

But go ahead and throw in things that could draw independents to Ron Pauls side of the issues as well. But mainly my groups focus is getting Republicans to back Ron Paul.

Gearing up for door to door in New Hampshire!
    MR
    Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let's get the record straight. First of all, there's no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I've been governor in a pretty tough state. You've heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
    Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina May 15, 2007

RP

Opposes the DC Gun Ban; it’s not just a “collective right”
    An appeals court in Washington DC issued a ruling that hopefully will result in the restoration of 2nd Amendment rights in the nation’s capital. It appears the Court rejected the DC’s nonsensical argument that the 2nd Amendment confers only a “collective right,” something gun control advocates have asserted for years. Rights, by definition, are individual. “Group rights” is an oxymoron.

When the 2nd Amendment speaks of a “well-regulated militia,” it means local groups of individuals operating to protect their own families, homes, and communities. They regulated themselves because it was necessary and in their own interest to do so. The Founders themselves wrote in the Federalist papers about the need for individuals to be armed.

Gun control makes people demonstrably less safe--as any honest examination of criminal statistics reveals. It is no coincidence that violent crime flourishes in the nation’s capital, where the individual’s right to self-defense has been most severely curtailed.
    Source: Weekly column, “Texas Straight Talk” Mar 12, 2007

~~~~~~~~

MITT

FactCheck: Romney plan virtually identical to Obama plan
    Romney tried to distance his state's universal health insurance plan from the proposals of the Democratic presidential candidates. Romney said, "Every Democrat up there's talking about a form of socialized medicine, government takeover, massive tax increase. I'm the guy who actually tackled this issue. We get all of our citizens insured. We get people that were uninsured with private health insurance. We have to stand up and say the market works. Personal responsibility works."

There are two problems with Romney's characterization: One, Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich is the only Democratic candidate to propose a single-payer, wholly government-funded health care plan. And two, Romney's Massachusetts universal insurance system bears a striking resemblance to the health care proposals of the Democratic front-runners. For example, the Obama and Romney plans are virtually identical. But in our view, the term "government takeover" could only be applied to Rep. Kucinich's proposal.
    Source: FactCheck.org on 2007 GOP debate at Saint Anselm College Jun 3, 2007

RP

Private medical savings accounts, not government meddling
    The most obvious way to break this cycle is to get the government out of the business of meddling in health care, which was far more affordable and accessible before government got involved. Short of that, and more politically feasible in the immediate run, is to allow consumers and their doctors to pull themselves out of the system through medical savings accounts.
    Source: The Revolution: A Manifesto, by Ron Paul, p. 89 Apr 1, 2008

Insurance companies & gov’t make healthcare unaffordable
    Q: You say that insurance companies and government programs have made health care simply unaffordable. You objected so strongly to Medicaid that, as a doctor, I’m told, you simply treated patients on your own, at your own expense.

A: Well, we’ve had managed care, now, for about 35 years. It’s not working, and nobody’s happy with it. The doctors aren’t happy. The patients aren’t happy. Nobody seems to be happy--except the corporations, the drug companies and the HMOs.
    Source: 2007 GOP primary debate in Orlando, Florida Oct 21, 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~

MITT

FactCheck: Took no action against 4 Mass. sanctuary cities
    Romney promises in his TV ad, "As President, I'll oppose amnesty, cut funding for sanctuary cities and secure our borders." Romney might well get tough on sanctuary cities in the future, but he didn't when he was governor.

During his tenure, at least f Orleans didn't officially deem themselves "sanctuaries," but Somerville affirmed its "long-standing policies in support of all immigrants," while Orleans forbade city officials from turning in illegal immigrants without probable cause.

We asked Romney's campaign if he had acted against these cities, but they didn't provide us with any examples. As far as we were able to determine in our own research, Romney made no attempts to penalize, censure, or cut funding to them.
    Source: FactCheck.org: AdWatch of 2007 campaign ad, "Immigration" Nov 9, 2007

RP

Amend Constitution to remove aliens’ birthright citizenship
    Q: You say you’re a strict constructionist of the Constitution, and yet you want to amend the Constitution to say that children born here should not automatically be US citizens.

A: Well, amending the Constitution is constitutional. What’s the contradiction there?

Q: So in the Constitution as written, you want to amend?

A: Well, that’s constitutional, to do it. Besides, it was the 14th Amendment. It wasn’t in the original Constitution. And there’s confusion on interpretation. In the early years, it was never interpreted that way, and it’s still confusing because individuals are supposed to have birthright citizenship if they’re under the jurisdiction of the government. And somebody who illegally comes in this country as a drug dealer, is he under the jurisdiction and their children deserve citizenship? I think it’s awfully, awfully confusing, and, matter of fact, I have a bill to change that as well as a Constitutional amendment to clarify it.
    Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series Dec 23, 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~

MITT

Reform entitlements by negotiating behind closed doors
    Romney says it's time to reform the two major entitlement programs: Social Security and Medicare. "It's really not possible for us to remain a superpower without restructuring our entitlements programs," Romney says. Romney says leaders from both political parties will have to come up with a solution in private. "Sitting down, quietly, behind closed doors and having a full and complete discussion of various ways to bring the costs down and to keep it from getting out of control," Romney says.Source: Radio Iowa, "Romney: reform", by O.Kay Henderson Aug 25, 2006

RP

Abolish Social Security, but not overnight
    Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security?

A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas.
    Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida Jan 24, 2008

Let people get out of Social Security; it’s a failure
    Right now they’re getting behind because they’re having a 10% to 12% inflation rate and we give them a 2% increase, and they’re really hurting. I don’t want taxes on the Social Security benefits that they receive. I have a bill in that would secure the trust fund, where none of that money could be spent in the general revenues. So in many ways, the goal would be to get us out of this program that is a failure. It doesn’t work, and is going to bankrupt this country. The only way you can do that is save enough money, tide the people over, let the young people get out, because they’re going to be paying all these years and they’re not going to get anything. I probably have the only program that would really help the elderly because the money’s not going to be there. There’s no way these cost-of-living increases are ever going to keep up with their benefits are never going to keep up with their cost of living. They’re decreasing. My program has a better chance of helping them than any other one.
    Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida Jan 24, 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MITT

FactCheck: Closed MA budget gap of $1.2B, not $3B
    Romney again claimed that he didn't raise taxes when governor of Massachusetts and that he faced a $3 billion budget shortfall. We have twice pointed out that Romney in fact increased fees by around $500 million during his four years as governor. Romney's cuts in local aid also led indirectly to local tax increases (mainly in the form of property tax increases). Similarly, Romney's claim to have closed a $3 billion budget gap is exaggerated. In fact, the gap was closer to $1.2 billion.
    Source: FactCheck.org on 2007 GOP debate at UNH Sep 5, 2007

RP

Wasteful government spending backed by both parties
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies. There is an alternative to national bankruptcy, a bigger police state, trillion dollar wars, and a government that draws ever more parasitically on the productive energies of the American people. It’s called freedom.
    Source: The Revolution: A Manifesto, by Ron Paul, p. x-xi Apr 1, 2008

Plenty more at: http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-22-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Very Nice. This is something I have been suggesting for months, a comparison of the Republican candidates to show Ron Paul's superior positions. Drop me an e-mail and we can schedule some work days.
    "Truth is Treason in the Nation of Lies." - Ron Paul

We REALLY did to take Romney down a notch or two in NH. How they can support the guy with such high numbers mind-blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    holy info!
    Information over load! lol I need to fit these in quick easy to remember things. Like 'When asked about Romneycare Mitt said: "I support mandates, its the conservative thing to do'"
    RP
    "I do not support the indvidual mandate of Obamacare"

Those lines are paraphrasing things I have heard. But you get the idea.

Republican Debate:
    October 9, 2007

ROMNEY: It's inexcusable that Michigan is undergoing a one-state recession, that the rest of the country is growing and seeing low levels of unemployment, but Michigan is seeing ongoing, high levels of unemployment, almost twice the national rate.

PAUL: Today, this country is in the middle of a recession for a lot of people. Michigan knows about it. Poor people know about it. The middle class knows about it. Wall Street doesn't know about it. Washington, D.C., doesn't know about it.

Republican Debate:
    January 10, 2008

ROMNEY: Could we be headed for a recession? Absolutely. Do we have to be headed for a recession? Absolutely not.

PAUL: The recession has been predictable. ...The housing market's already in depression and a lot of people are hurt and the standard of living in this country is going down.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ive decided to focus this slim jim on two issues. Healthcare and gun control. So quotes from those would be helpful.

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

^Good one. What is that from?
    Went around FB yesterday... Looks like a 2002 MA GOV Debate
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Maybe a quote from him defending Romneycare?

This one is classic from one of the debates on foreign policy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBTPZxRcD0I

Romney is clearly a fool and Ron Paul sets him straight.

Ive decided to focus this slim jim on two issues. Healthcare and gun control. So quotes from those would be helpful.
    Why did you decide on those 2 issues? Is attacking/illuminating on Romney's position going to sway voters? ie: is his stance on these issues why he is polling so high in NH? I would venture: no.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Why did you decide on those 2 issues? Is attacking/illuminating on Romney's position going to sway voters? ie: is his stance on these issues why he is polling so high in NH? I would venture: no.
    Because people do not know the truth?

What is your suggestion? Keep in mind we only have so much room to work with.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because people do not know the truth?
    What is your suggestion? Keep in mind we only have so much room to work with.
    Well my suggestion is to research into why people "like" him, then attack him on those reasons. If people aren't supporting him because of positions on gun control and healthcare then targetting those issues won't help much.

What are the top issues in NH right now? Where do the republican voters fall on those issues?
    My impression is that the economy remains the #1 issue and people support Romney because of the image of him as a successful business man. But is that image real? What are his real accomplishments in that arena? Did he do things that might piss off the voters while he was being a businessman? outsourcing? dismantling? taking govt handouts? etc. But I'm not sure, it would take some research and digging into polling data.

note: I'm not criticizing your choices, just want to help make sure you get the best bang for your time/money.

Hey I appreciate all input.

Here is what I found on the exit polls

-- Nearly nine out of 10 voters said they were worried about the direction of the nation's economy in the next year, and six out 10 of them favored Ayotte. Lynch had a slight lead among those voters.

-- One-fifth of voters said Congress's top priority should be cutting taxes, and Ayotte captured nearly 90 percent of that vote.

-- Four in 10 voters said Congress's top priority should be deficit reduction, and about seven in 10 voted for Ayotte.

-- A third of voters said spending to create jobs should be Congress's top priority, they favored Hodes.

Voters were evenly divided over whether to extend the Bush administration tax cuts for everyone or only for families earning less than $250,000 a year.

-- Close to half the voters support repeal Obama's health care legislation, but about one-third want to expand it and the rest want to leave it alone.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...s_at_a_glance/

Direction = Obamacare/bailouts/corporatism?

Guns are a big issue in New Hampshire right now because we are about to pass legislation that the Federal government can not regulate/tax/ect guns made in New Hampshire that stay in New Hampshire.

Spitballing here.

From that it shows that the economy is the #1 issue. with 90% of voters.
    The healthcare legislation, only 50%. so if you were gonna focus on one issue, it should be the economy. show him weak on the economy and you hit 90% of the voters vs. possibly turning 50% of them against you by hitting on the healthcare thing. --admittedly though, the demographics are bit different with GOP voters.

Perhaps, tying how romneycare has effected MA negatively economy wise though.

Gun stuff, I'll leave to you NH people to discuss.

And I haven't researched him, but I bet there is some dirt from his business days, did he outsource a lot? participate in deindustrialization?

OK if the economy is the #1 issue with 90% of the voters where does foreign policy rank? After all, it was the #1 thing that got Obama elected based on his promise to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe with Republicans as opposed to the general public different dynamics come into play but I still contend that Romney as president claiming to call his attorneys to see if it's "Constitutional" to send my son to war and possibly never come home is a MAJOR thing with me! Maybe there are other people out there who feel like I do? As for me, I am SICK of presidents and other elected officials following a foreign policy that makes us hated, kills people unnecessarily and costs us way to much money all the while violating the Constitution. Maybe I'm wrong but I still think foreign policy is a significant issue whether Democrat or Republican especially in a contest between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. Double especially when so many Republicans and conservatives are unclear about Ron Paul's position due to media propaganda, marginalizing him and disinformation. In fact, I think it's THE major impediment of Republicans voting for Ron Paul over the globalists, militarists and corporatists who act just like Democrats and call themselves "Republicans" or "conservatives".

in elections it is ideal if outside groups do the attacking on opponents (negative) and the official campaign do the positive building up of a candidate

And I haven't researched him, but I bet there is some dirt from his business days, did he outsource a lot? participate in deindustrialization?
    This site seems to have some stuff:
    http://romneyisafraud.blogspot.com/

and
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/6...fits.html?pg=7
    Perhaps the most legally thorny was Bain Capital's 1989 purchase of Damon Corp., a Needham medical testing firm that later pleaded guilty to defrauding the federal government of $25 million and paid a record $119 million fine.

Romney sat on Damon's board. During Romney's tenure, Damon executives submitted bills to the government for millions of unnecessary blood tests. Romney and other board members were never implicated.

More than a decade later, when Romney was in pursuit of the Massachusetts governorship, his Democratic opponent Shannon O'Brien accused him of lax oversight at Damon and failing to report the fraud.

Romney replied that he had helped uncover the illegal activity at Damon, asking the board's lawyers to investigate. As a result, he said, the board took "corrective action" before selling the company in 1993 to Corning Inc.

But court records suggest that the Damon executives' scheme continued throughout Bain's ownership, and prosecutors credited Corning, not Romney, with cleaning up the situation. Bain, meanwhile, tripled its investment.

Romney personally reaped $473,000.

Quote Originally Posted by constitutional_insurgent View Post
    in elections it is ideal if outside groups do the attacking on opponents (negative) and the official campaign do the positive building up of a candidate
    That is why I am doing it

Thanks Ill take a look

http://mittromneyflipflops.com/

'The TARP program... was nevertheless necessary
    March 2009

http://blogs.reuters.com/james-petho...-flop-on-tarp/

These carbon emission limits will provide real and immediate progress.
    (cap and trade)

Dec 7th 2005

On capital gains

It's a tax cut for fat cats.

I will work and fight for stem cell research.

I respect and will fully protect a woman's right to choose
    2002 GOP acceptance speech.

On illegal immigration
    Those... paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship.
    A few good ones in here
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57208

* Immigration: As late as last year, the candidate who now ridicules amnesty proposals said: "I don't believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country. With these 11 million people, let's have them registered, know who they are. Those who've been arrested or convicted of crimes shouldn't be here; those that are here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship, as they would from their home country.'' Wasn't that pretty much the Bush party line?

* Gun control: He supported bans on so-called "assault weapons." He supported the Brady bill. He spurned the National Rifle Association. As late as 2002, he was still defending Massachusetts' confiscatory gun laws. But, last year, he joined the NRA and claimed to favor easing licensing requirements.

* Minimum wage: In 1994, he opposed an increase, but offered as a compromise tying a hike to the rate of inflation. By 2002, he supported an increase. In 2006, he vetoed an increase. Like some other notable politicians of the recent past, he was against it before he was for it, before he was against it.

* Same-sex marriage: In 1994, he opposed the federal marriage amendment and promised to help establish "full equality for America's gays and lesbians." In 2002, he provided legal recognition to same-sex couples in Massachusetts, even though he was not required to do so under a state Supreme Judicial Court ruling, as he has suggested. Yet, now, in 2007, he miraculously supports the federal marriage amendment.

* Homosexuals in the military: In 1994, he supported "don't ask, don't tell," saying it was a step toward "gays and lesbians being able to serve openly and honestly in our nation's military." Today he claims he doesn't want to change the policy to permit homosexuals from serving openly in the military.

* Tax cutting: In 1994, he opposed a cut in the capital gains tax. In 2002, he refused to sign a "no new taxes" pledge. In 2007, he claims to support a cut in capital gains taxes. He has taken the "no new taxes" pledge. And he says he supports making President Bush's tax cuts permanent.

Read more: The many faces of Mitt Romney http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?...#ixzz1EuAgndBM
    I supported the assault weapon ban.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2007/12/1...eet-the-press/
    Last edited by ItsTime; 02-24-2011 at 01:10 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is perfect for NH, people just need to be reminded of who the real Mittens is.

Are there any graphic designers here who can whip up some pamphlets/fliers comparing Mitt/RP quotes that we can use for campaigning? It'd be great to have a paper full of quotes contrasting the two candidates for when we go door to door, especially for the Ames straw poll!

I will try to whip up something for yall.
    Forget Ron Paul 2012- RON PAUL FOREVER!

Check out my zazzle store- http://www.zazzle.com/jvparkour*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast