Thread: Fidel Castro says US plans NATO invasion of Libya

Fidel Castro says US plans NATO invasion of Libya

HAVANA – Cuba's former leader Fidel Castro said Tuesday that unrest in Libya may be a pretext for a NATO invasion. Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega has jumped to the support of the embattled leader of the North African nation, saying he telephoned to express solidarity.

The protests sweeping across Libya have created challenges for the Latin American allies of Moammar Gadhafi.

Leftist governments in the Americas have long embraced him as a fellow fighter against U.S. influence in the world. Gadhafi has responded over the years by awarding the Moammar Gadhafi International Human Rights Prize to Castro and Ortega, as well as to Presidents Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, Evo Morales of Bolivia.

His relations with Chavez are so warm that rumors that he was headed to Venezuela swept the world on Monday. Gadhafi took to television late Monday to deny them.

read more:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110222/...merican_allies
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fidel says alot, i wouldn't put much thought into his latest rant

"...may be a pretext for a NATO invasion"

May Be? Come on, Fidel Castro!
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Fidel says alot, i wouldn't put much thought into his latest rant
    I trust him over the MSM.

edit--I don't trust him, I just have total disdain for the MSM. But I wouldn't be surprised if we send troops there to protect our oil...I mean Libya's oil. : )
    Last edited by YumYum; 02-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

He supported the Egyptian protests, but now doesn't do the same for the Libyans, instead deflects blame on NATO?

Bastard.

Fidel on Egypt:

http://counterpunch.org/castro02152011.html

Fidel on Libya:

http://counterpunch.org/castro02222011.html
    Last edited by ExPatPaki; 02-22-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Fidel Castro says
    a lot of $#@!, as a rule.

He's am impotent old man that just can't die soon enough.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    He supported the Egyptian protests, but now doesn't do the same for the Libyans, instead deflects blame on NATO?

Bastard.
    Fidel Castro is not the person you want support from.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's this guy talking about... he's next on the new reality show, 'who wants to boot a dictator'.

Although he does have a tendency to talk a lot of crap, I think he might be on to something in this instance.

Libya has oil. & Nato is the occupyer

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Fidel Castro says
    a lot of $#@!, as a rule.

He's am impotent old man that just can't die soon enough.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post

Bastard.

Fidel on Egypt:

http://counterpunch.org/castro02152011.html

Fidel on Libya:

http://counterpunch.org/castro02222011.html
    Bastard is right !

Pretty sure the US will go in Libya soon, to avoid more massacres. Will they put the next guy in power? We'll see.

Looks like Hillary and Obama are getting ready to invade, or set up a No Fly Zone in Libya:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

UN holding their attack plan right now... Susan Rice spewing her garbage.

http://c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you cannot execute a no fly zone without doing away with all anti aircraft. This is not an option

I would put more trust in Castro's words vs any US president's. At least Castro does not have a lobby group or some corporation "advising" what and what not say
    I love my country, but I fear my government