Thread: Are you planning on becoming a state delegate or a precinct committeeman in 2012?

Are you planning on becoming a state delegate or a precinct committeeman in 2012?

Hoosiers,

The title says it all...

I hope we get a lot of Yeas in here. If anyone is interested but isn't familiar with the process, please let me know. I have information on both processes, and I'd be happy to help.
    tu ne cede malis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump... Who's ready to make a long lasting change in the Republican Party and in our country?
    tu ne cede malis

me! everyone on this forum should be >:{

PeacePlan

I will only do it if Ron Paul runs again - last time I was a district and precinct delegate. The experience was not fun it was a fight all the way with the Republicans.

Ron Paul runs and I am in........... I would only do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    I will only do it if Ron Paul runs again - last time I was a district and precinct delegate. The experience was not fun it was a fight all the way with the Republicans.

Ron Paul runs and I am in........... I would only do it for him.
    Would you do it for your country, for liberty?

With or without Ron Paul, we can change the party from the inside and return it to its roots. As precinct committeemen, we can change party platform, elect party officers, endorse candidates, and even elect candidates to fill vacancies. I know of three specific instances in which a small group of precinct committeeman directly elected or nominated candidates to fill a vacancy... We're talking a group of 3 people in one instance, ~50 in another, and ~250 in another.

We can have a significant impact on the party and elected officials if we get involved.

Also, precinct committeeman are provided with great tools for education. You are given the tools to target every voter in your precinct and spread the message of liberty.

Regardless of your goals, to educate the people, shape the platform, influence elections, taking the position of precinct committeeman is the most efficient way of reaching those goals.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Would you do it for your country, for liberty?

With or without Ron Paul, we can change the party from the inside and return it to its roots. As precinct committeemen, we can change party platform, elect party officers, endorse candidates, and even elect candidates to fill vacancies. I know of three specific instances in which a small group of precinct committeeman directly elected or nominated candidates to fill a vacancy... We're talking a group of 3 people in one instance, ~50 in another, and ~250 in another.

We can have a significant impact on the party and elected officials if we get involved.

Also, precinct committeeman are provided with great tools for education. You are given the tools to target every voter in your precinct and spread the message of liberty.

Regardless of your goals, to educate the people, shape the platform, influence elections, taking the position of precinct committeeman is the most efficient way of reaching those goals.
    Bump.
    tu ne cede malis

How do you become a state delegate?

I am interested, that is, if I become an Indiana citizen in the next few months. Details?
    "Every generation needs a new revolution." -Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbill27 View Post
    How do you become a state delegate?
    Quote Originally Posted by brenden.b View Post
    I am interested, that is, if I become an Indiana citizen in the next few months. Details?
    1. Determine your eligibility
      1. Must be registered to vote
      2. Must have only voted in Republican primaries in Indiana
        1. If you have not yet voted in a primary in Indiana, you must sign a form pledging your support to the Republican party and Republican party candidates

3. Must not have openly opposed a Republican in a general election

2. File the appropriate paperwork
      1. Note: this is old version, the new version will be updated at the end of this year or sooner.

3. Pay your delegate fee (varies by county)
      1. The maximum fee is $125 (I think), but some counties waive the fee altogether.

4. Attend the state convention
      1. The state convention is in first couple weeks of June, and lasts two days. The first day is congressional district meetings, the second is the gathering of the entire state delegation.

5. Advance liberty
      1. We can vote on the platform, rules, nominees, and national delegates.

tu ne cede malis

I'm in. Can't wait!
    -Ancap-

Quote Originally Posted by bwlibertyman View Post
    I'm in. Can't wait!
    Glad to hear.

Reach out to your friends and family. I've convinced 4 of my friends to become delegates, and I'm gonna get a few of my family members as well.

My friends were amazed at the level of impact you can have with such little work.. so approaching from that angle worked well for convincing my disillusioned friends.
    Last edited by Austin; 03-12-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    tu ne cede malis

I'll do it. That form you linked to though, you said it will be updated at the end of the year probably. Does that mean we have to wait till the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by dbill27 View Post
    I'll do it. That form you linked to though, you said it will be updated at the end of the year probably. Does that mean we have to wait till the end of the year?
    You cannot file until the middle of January. The filing date is usually the last couple weeks of January through the first couple weeks of February.
    tu ne cede malis

I'd be willing to try to be a delegate, remind me when january is close.

Bump for good measure. I'll need this for MD, I'll try and find it on my own

I'm in California. Advice?

Plus, krippy please see this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Issue-For-2012

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    any help in the process for GA would help me a bunch. I've been googling for a while but can't seem to find the right person to contact in order to get this going.

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdontcount View Post
    any help in the process for GA would help me a bunch. I've been googling for a while but can't seem to find the right person to contact in order to get this going.
    I feel your pain. What's up with this? Why is this so mysterious? Seems surreal.

OK, so here is my living situation.
    I am from rural Illinois.
    I am a 3rd yr college student living in Kenosha, WI.
    I will most likely be living here in Kenosha during the summertime
    (pending an internship with the Koch foundation) and through the following school year.

I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that involvement in Wisconsin's republican party and primaries would be more beneficial than in Illinois.
    So... I am seeking direction or guidance in registering as a republican in the local GOP/liberty caucus, influencing the party, voting in primaries, attending 'meetups,' and anything else I am unaware of.

I have also 'awoken' a sizeable group of friends here at school so any advice regarding getting others involved (who are much less interested in politics than we) is appreciated as well.
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

Bump
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sl7yz0r View Post
    OK, so here is my living situation.
    I am from rural Illinois.
    I am a 3rd yr college student living in Kenosha, WI.
    I will most likely be living here in Kenosha during the summertime
    (pending an internship with the Koch foundation) and through the following school year.

I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that involvement in Wisconsin's republican party and primaries would be more beneficial than in Illinois.
    So... I am seeking direction or guidance in registering as a republican in the local GOP/liberty caucus, influencing the party, voting in primaries, attending 'meetups,' and anything else I am unaware of.

I have also 'awoken' a sizeable group of friends here at school so any advice regarding getting others involved (who are much less interested in politics than we) is appreciated as well.
    The first step is figuring out if you want to get involved heavily in the GOP back home or in your college town. You can do both, but you'll only be able to hold positions and truly become the party in the county that you are registered to vote.

The college I attend is only 2 counties away, and most of my classes have been online. As a result, I decided to stay registered to vote and get involved in the GOP in my home county. Since you are in an entirely different state, you may consider getting involved in the GOP in WI. Be advised, you will have to essentially start over if you move back to IL after college. You'll be dealing with a new organization, new rules, etc.

After you've figured out where you want to be registered to vote / get heavily involved.. contact the county chairman or talk to the College Republicans. Let them know you're situation: You're college student looking to get more involved in the party to help ensure conservative electoral victories.

The first position I recommend is precinct committeeman (exact name varies by state). EagleForum has a great summary of the position here.

The second position is delegate, but I'm not yet familiar with WI rules so I can't offer any concrete advice on that.
    tu ne cede malis

Alright, Ron Paul is announcing today. Let's get this thing moving. We need as many rp indiana delegates as possible. We all know that he has to get a lot of the votes to have a chance but if we can get some delegates this way we should and WILL. Let's get pumped! I'm ready!
    -Ancap-

I'm in, what do I do? I live in Franklin Township in Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouth18 View Post
    I'm in, what do I do? I live in Franklin Township in Indianapolis.
    I'm sending you a PM.
    tu ne cede malis

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in. I was a delegate in 2008, looking forward to doing it again!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!