Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civilized society is very skin deep... News crew attacked in broad daylight for no reason

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    is anyone here surprised?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    is anyone here surprised?
    Uh... I am. How is that even a question? Of course I'm surprised, the reaction of the mob was insane and not logical, I don't understand it!

From one of the comments there was more to the story with the reporters being told to back off and get out of their faces (not that I condone violence but reporters can be notoriously insensitive and demanding and blind to the possibility they are not invincible). If that is the case this is just more rationalization for the need for the police state.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Uh... I am. How is that even a question? Of course I'm surprised, the reaction of the mob was insane and not logical, I don't understand it!
    Then you don't understand a substantial percent of our population.

This is a predictable response, and also deplorable.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Propaganda is a form of violence. It's an expression of political force. They shouldn't be surprised when they get some blowback.

The reporter had an attitude with people that just lost a friend or relative, $#@! him. Law can't protect you from stupidity.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

wow, they started being $#@!s the second he walked up to them and asked them a question. they could've used that as a good moment to ask anyone to come forward with information, instead they just got into some thug mentality and went right after the reporters. that's totally ridiculous.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can see why the crowd might have gotten pissed off. These reporters are akin to ambulance chasers, profiting off others' misery.
    Ready to find a new job or change careers? Visit http://www.jobwaltz.com for premium job search assistance.

News crew attacked in broad daylight for no reason
    There was a reason.
    They were not welcome, and they did not leave fast enough.

What part of "get out of my face" do you not understand?

The other news crews did not get beat up. They kept their distance.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-21-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Should be of no surprise to see people who are mourning act irrational. The reporters should have been sensitive to that and gotten out of there as soon as they mourners protested. They did not deserve a beating and I do not condone that but they were insensitive and had to know they were playing with fire and might get burned.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-21-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Propaganda is a form of violence. It's an expression of political force. They shouldn't be surprised when they get some blowback.
    Good. they make money off of other peoples' misery and misfortune. Too long have "reporters" considered themselves part of the elite untouchable by the mundanes. They gave up that right years ago when they (for the most part) switched from journalism to propaganda artists.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    From one of the comments there was more to the story with the reporters being told to back off and get out of their faces (not that I condone violence but reporters can be notoriously insensitive and demanding and blind to the possibility they are not invincible). If that is the case this is just more rationalization for the need for the police state.
    I watched the scene from four angles, including from the beginning, and it did not appear the news crew were instigating it, they weren't given a chance to leave before violence was initiated. I also saw the comment you were referring to, but I do not see how the person who made that comment came to that conclusion, unless he was merely trying to 'shape opinion'.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Then you don't understand a substantial percent of our population.

This is a predictable response, and also deplorable.
    I do not see how it could be predictable. Are you saying there are a large amount of people who are irrational? I do not see how you would be able to predict they would react in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    There was a reason.
    They were not welcome, and they did not leave fast enough.

What part of "get out of my face" do you not understand?

The other news crews did not get beat up. They kept their distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Good. they make money off of other peoples' misery and misfortune. Too long have "reporters" considered themselves part of the elite untouchable by the mundanes. They gave up that right years ago when they (for the most part) switched from journalism to propaganda artists.
    I see what you guys mean, but the other news reporters did go up to them, and then left. The individuals in that crowd did not seem to give the reporters they attacked a chance to leave, and violence is never the answer -- not when our government does it domestically or abroad, not when anyone does it. But then the peace/anti-war message is what brought me here.
    Last edited by Yieu; 02-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

I cant say I was surprised when I saw it was a group of black people attacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal View Post
    I cant say I was surprised when...
    Okay, that was uncalled for and is against the forum rules. Ron Paul speaks out against such collectivism...

And it would be wrong for us to not call out such views when we see them.
    Last edited by Yieu; 02-21-2011 at 01:45 PM.

I don't know if it is against the forum rules but it was pretty damn stupid thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I cant say I was surprised when I saw it was a group of black people attacking them.
    Collectivist drivel!

It was also a group of black people holding back the attackers and conversing with the reporter towards the end of the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I don't know if it is against the forum rules but it was pretty damn stupid thing to say.
    It is against the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    + Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. It will not be tolerated here.

Okay, that was uncalled for and is against the forum rules. Ron Paul speaks out against such collectivism...
    What collectivism? is it not a fact that crime rates among blacks is much much higher than white people ? I didnt say all blacks are violent, I just said I wasnt surprised that they where black.

Ron Paul also strikes me as a man who likes to tell the truth and not be politically correct and the facts is just that this sort of behavior is more common among blacks than whites.

What collectivism? is it not a fact that crime rates among blacks is much much higher than white people ? I didnt say all blacks are violent, I just said I wasnt surprised that they where black.

Ron Paul also strikes me as a man who likes to tell the truth and not be politically correct and the facts is just that this sort of behavior is more common among blacks than whites.
    It is collectivist. It is seeing people as groups rather than as individuals, and it is against the rules.

It is against the rules for a reason. It is an Ugly form of collectivism, and aside from that, it makes Ron Paul look bad, regardless of the fact that he disagrees with this form of collectivism.
    Last edited by Yieu; 02-21-2011 at 01:47 PM.

It is collectivist. It is seeing people as groups rather than as individuals, and it is against the rules.
    I dont view blacks as a collective sharing certain traits, I view blacks as individuals that range greatly in personality and behavior, it just so happens that I believe certain personality types are more common among black people than white people.

Edit: and that isnt viewing things collectively, that is being scientific.
    Last edited by Tal; 02-21-2011 at 01:52 PM.

I dont view blacks as a collective sharing certain traits, I view blacks as individuals that range greatly in personality and behavior, it just so happens that I believe certain personality types are more common among black people than white people.
    I suppose next you're gonna say most blacks are better dancers than most Asians or Caucasians?

Do you mean to say there might be some cultural traits associated with certain groups of people in this world?
    Last edited by Danke; 02-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Is that the kind of science that allowed the Nazis to justify murdering ethnic minorities, the disabled and mentally retarded because of certain personality traits common among these groups.

And while we're at it, is it fair to say that a certain murderous personality type was common among white German males living in the 1935-45 era, hmmm? <sarcasm>

and violence is never the answer --
    Violence is not an answer. Violence is a Reality. Violence is a response. (one of several possible)
    No, it is not the answer, but ignoring the reality does not make it go away.

and walking up to a crowd of angry, and upset people is inviting a negative response. Especially for a propaganda outlet like Fox.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oooohhh ohhhh.

i love playing who can say the most ignorant collectivist statement?

my turn "white people are continuously conquering nations and building empires which are doomed to fail.

ergo---they are violent... and stupid!"

what do i win?
    Last edited by teacherone; 02-21-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Violence is not an answer. Violence is a Reality. Violence is a response. (one of several possible)
    No, it is not the answer, but ignoring the reality does not make it go away.

and walking up to a crowd of angry, and upset people is inviting a negative response. Especially for a propaganda outlet like Fox.
    Well, what strikes me as odd is that other news organizations walked up to them, were told they didn't want to be filmed, and the crowd allowed them to leave. But then out of nowhere the crowd didn't let these last two reporters leave. Fox certainly is propaganda, but I'm a big fan of non-violent resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    oooohhh ohhhh.

i love playing who can say the most ignorant collectivist statement.

my turn "white people are continuously conquering nations and building empires which are doomed to fail.

ergo---they are violent... and stupid!"

what do i win?
    I love it! Brilliant, beautiful, sarcasm.

That gets a +Rep. So does everyone else that called it out. A round of Rep for all who call such things out as they happen in the future sounds like a good policy.
    Last edited by Yieu; 02-21-2011 at 02:16 PM.

You don't $#@! with people when one of their family members was just murdered. You especially don't show up with giant camera gear. From both videos you can tell they rolled up on the family already taking footage and trying to ask questions. The correct response would of been to walk over and ask them if they wanted to talk without the gear. I think when people see you filming them mourning without their permission they can become offended.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

We don't do racial collectivism here. This forum is dedicated to grassroots activity reflective of Dr. Paul's ideas. He is not a racial collectivist. In fact, this forum is naturally, instead of by force of the State, is a diverse forum, ethnically.

+ Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. It will not be tolerated here.

Consider yourself advised of the forum guideline.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

How many black people are in the whole of Denmark, exactly?
    I work with a black guy from Jamaica, three black guys from Sierra Leone, a black guy from Botswana, and a black woman from America.
    They're all pretty even tempered... but more to the point, they're from all over the world, and from various different socioeconomic backgrounds.
    What you and I are doing in our assessments might be empirical, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "scientific".

I do hope you reconsider your position.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast