Thread: CPAC: FOX doctored or manipulated footage of Ron Paul winning

CPAC: FOX doctored or manipulated footage of Ron Paul winning

Two clips are compared on the show No Agenda. The first is from FOX, the second is from CSPAN. There's a huge difference (boos added) and spin in the FOX clip:

Share it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fox News may be able to shield them selves from our out rage, but I think Glenn Beck is vulnerable because of the libertarian platform he has built his self up on, I think with overwhelming pressure and a call for Glenn to stand up for his libertarian principles we may be able to make a bed fellow of Glenn Beck and use his platform for the true libertarian movement. Fox's hands will be tied because they've been caught red handed and would hate for their media adviser to have this over their head. In the words of Rom Emanuel "Never let a good crises go to waste" I think through Glenn Beck this blatant act of bias can be used against them. I say blow up Glenn Becks' email, twitter and face book calling for him to stand up for his libertarian principles and either have Ron on his show, or talk on his show about the honorable bias against Ron Paul in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad View Post
    I say blow up Glenn Becks' email, twitter and face book calling for him to stand up for his libertarian principles and either have Ron on his show, or talk on his show about the honorable bias against Ron Paul in the media.
    You are a bit late to the party. Foxnews already corrected the mistake on air. Time to move on.

your right i am late

I'm aware of the correction and apology, I think letting it go with just that is a waste of a crises and a waste of a true got ya moment. I think pressuring Glenn Beck not with out rage but with guilt and a call for him to stand by his libertarian principles could at the least get Ron a ally in Glenn Beck maybe a favorable appearance on his show. Right now there is a vacuum in the republican party waiting to be filled and they are doing every thing in there power to fill it and so far they are unsuccessful could you imagine Ron having a favorable showing on the most watched cable news outlet viewed by millions of conservatives looking for a champion of fiscal responsibility to run against Obama. Hey I am a newbe I know I may be a bit zealous but I am desperate for a Ron Paul victory and I believe, Fox caught red handed+Glenn Becks empathy= opportunity.me@glennbeck.com

Here is another recent fox news mix up...
    I ask unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad View Post
    I'm aware of the correction and apology, I think letting it go with just that is a waste of a crises and a waste of a true got ya moment.[/EMAIL]
    Wait and see if Ron enters the race, this incident is peanuts compared to the media manipulation that is in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimaroka View Post
    Two clips are compared on the show No Agenda. The first is from FOX, the second is from CSPAN. There's a huge difference (boos added) and spin in the FOX clip:

Share it.
    I still have trouble believing this was intentional. Surely Fox News HAD to know this would be noticed and end up on YouTube. Can we rule out that this wan't an mployee prank or negligent slip up? Not that Fox News is anything close to honest, I just don't believe they are this stupid.

didn't Fox admit that they aired (accidentally or purposely) the clip from CPAC 2010 instead of CPAC 2011?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul 2012 View Post
    I still have trouble believing this was intentional. Surely Fox News HAD to know this would be noticed and end up on YouTube. Can we rule out that this wan't an mployee prank or negligent slip up? Not that Fox News is anything close to honest, I just don't believe they are this stupid.
    How likely is it that some techie will accidentally confuse recent footage with footage from a year ago? Even if it was a deliberate prank by one guy, it would have had to fool everyone else at the studio as well to make what happened happen. Case in point: Watch the smug, smarmy interviewer when he interviews Ron Paul about the reaction.

They knew it would end up on Youtube, but they also knew it wouldn't matter: The MSM does this kind of thing all the time, and it works extremely well. What they do is they bank on the high-profile smear giving people certain emotional impressions. It's a classic propaganda technique. They know they'll be exposed eventually, but they can just issue a low-profile retraction/correction a few days later. Most people will never even find out about the "mistake," and most others are gullible fools who will immediately swallow the low-profile correction to alleviate their cognitive dissonance (without recognizing a pattern of manipulation). Most of them still will not see the REAL video, which means that their carefully manipulated emotional impressions of e.g. Ron Paul will remain the same. Those who noticed the correction/retraction will consider it evidence of Fox's integrity (and "oh, of course they wouldn't be so audacious" ). A small portion of people will watch the actual videos, but most already distrusted Fox or liked Ron Paul, so they have little to lose from these kind of stunts.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 04-27-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

wow. the right wing tv show is fooling people that share their ideological beliefs

I know they apologized, but it's still far too suspicious for my liking. You would have literally had to dig up last year's tapes to make a mistake.

Yes, someone obviously did this on purpose. How can you make this mistake innocently. Fox actually acknowledged it though?
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    Yes, someone obviously did this on purpose. How can you make this mistake innocently. Fox actually acknowledged it though?
    Yes, but their excuse was extremely dubious. They said the footage was extremely similar, which makes no sense, as there is no plausible reason why they would have had to look at the footage to decide which one to air. And, presumably they would know the difference from "the CPAC footage we just got" from "the one year old CPAC footage".
    Last edited by Ex Lux lucis; 05-12-2011 at 08:17 PM.